Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You have to update NAS software and check standby options.
    If using Synology, this post may help you: https://kb.synology.com/en-global/D...Synology_NAS_from_entering_System_Hibernation

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thanks to both of you .......... my SINs are up to date and the standby options are as they should be!
    I think that the external DD must have an internal watch ???? !!!!!!

3. In the meantime, what you can try is to put new content in a small ongoing or temp folder/source so they will get updated quickly. Then you can move them to big folder whenever you have time.

4. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Hi Mark,
    I'm useing the settings from the OP for my UHD3000 and now the player is connected directly to my new LG G1. HDR is reported correct -10 bit, 12 bit - but mkv files with Dolby Vision 10 bit are reported 8 bit from the TV. I read about HDMI tunneling - the signal is 10 bit but LG TV reports 8 bit. Is this normal and I see 10 bit content?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HDMI tunneling is 8-bit RGB - that's the whole point of tunneling - to transport a 12-bit Dolby Vision sub-sampled signal in an 8-bit non sub-sampled RGB container.

The Colour settings in the OP are ignored for Dolby Vision because it has its own rules.

6. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Thanks for the fast reply.
    It means that LG TV shows correct colour depth - 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit but reported 8 bit. May be it's a LG problem.
    Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

7. Markswift2003

It's reporting correctly - that's the signal it receives, RGB 8-bit.

If it's displaying Dolby Vision then it's 12-bit at the display.

8. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Yes, it shows Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos when I'm watching a movie.
    Thanks again

9. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Hi @Markswift2003, I've printed off your entire first post, and your HDFury PDF, ready to put to use with my just arrived Z9X (thanks for the suggestion over at AVSForum). A first question... you suggest Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz **** in post #1. Why? What happens when one plays back 25, 30, 50 or 60Hz content? Or, is this just for the GUI setting? Thanks.

10. Markswift2003

Yes, that's just the GUI, so if you have Match Framerate on in settings, any content you play is at native framerate*

My reasons for this are twofold:

1. I don't like the "look" of 60Hz

2. My projector takes 12-15s to resync on HDMI changes so I do all I can to minimise that - setting 4K23 and LLDV means that for 99% of my content, HDMI does not resync.

* The only time this won't work is if you play a non divisible framerate at a higher bandwidth mode than the EDID allows and don't set auto resolution - for example if you have a 400MHz EDID and play 600MHz 4K 59Hz content the box has no choice but to leave the framerate at 23Hz - it would want to go to 2K59 but it can't because of the resolution setting. Obviously this is a very esoteric case and could only happen with LLDV, but it's good to be aware of all the variables.

hdmkv likes this.
  11. hdmkv

Got my HDFury VROOM hooked up between Z9X and VAVA Chroma projector, using your settings, and I'm impressed. Is there an option for HDR10+? I did test a couple of HDR10+ samples and they too get rendered as DV, but wondering if Z9X and/or HDFury allow for treating HDR10+ on its own like what's being done with DV?

serg fedorov likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

You can easily fool the Z9X into spitting out HDR10+ by just adding it to the EDID, but if the display doesn't support it, there's no point - the beauty of the LLDV hack is that an LLDV output is basically a pre-tone mapped HDR10 signal but HDR10+ is an HDR10 signal with additional tone mapping metadata alongside which if not supported by the display just gets ignored.

hdmkv likes this.
  13. hdmkv

Oh, good to know, thanks, so I'll leave it as LLDV output. Did test DV with Shield TV Pro using the Kodinerds DV build and quality is comparable to Z9X's. But, of course only works with DV videos.

To be clear, using your suggested settings on both the HDFury and Z9X, HDR, 10+ and DV are all benefiting from the LLDV hack right? What happens to 4K SDR and 1080p content?

...and, one more thing... noticing that everytime I turn off Z9X and back on, HDR setting reverts to 'Auto' instead of what I last set it at of DVLL (your suggested option for HDFury). Is this normal? Not seeing a difference for DV quality between the two, or am I missing something with your DVLL option?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  14. Markswift2003

If you set the output to LLDV all content whether SDR, HDR10(+), HLG or DV will be output in DV regardless of resolution.

If the Zidoo is reverting to Auto that probably means that when it's switched on it can't see the LLDV EDID.

Obviously the HDFury should be left on but also it depends where in the chain it is - I have mine in front of the amp - so Zidoo>Vertex>Amp>Display, but if you have it after the amp, the amp has to have booted to allow the EDID to pass back to the Zidoo.

One way around this is to load the EDID into the Zidoo and not the Vroom so regardless of where the Vroom is, the Zidoo can always see the EDID. You then use the Vroom to tell the display to switch to HDR when LLDV is detected and leave the EDID settings alone.

hdmkv likes this.
  15. hdmkv

Thanks again Mark. I changed my Harmony settings to leave HDFury on (and never turn off).

16. JonR

JonR New Member

Hi All, first post!

I am interested in getting a player too but would be really good to know how Z9X manages subtitle sizing. For those with projectors, is the smallest setting acceptable and not a distraction?

I purchased a new Dune recently and the smallest size is still quite large and quite distracting, thought it best if I checked up front before buying a Z9X.

Thanks in advance.

17. idlebrain

idlebrain New Member

Hi,
    Is there a way to play trailers before the movie similar to theaters automatically without need to play each trailer file and movie file individually?
    Ex: When I play DV/DA Movie, I like to run DV Trailer & DA trailer and couple of recent movie trailers before starting the Movie( Movie is a UHD copy in BDMV Folder).

Thanks.

18. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

zidoo 1000 pro controller apk how to install in iphone 6

19. Markswift2003

You can't - apk is an Android app not iOS. Search Zidoo in the Apple app store.

Boris 1956 likes this.
  20. 56k

56k Member

i have download music collection from tidal and it 6 chanel atmos
    it play 6 chanel in but 2 only?
    zidoo cannot play 6 chanel mp3
    but can play movie dts or 5.1 chanel?

[​IMG]
    if you want sample i will upload in telegram

One more thing is file explorer in zidoo it does not remember the last folder
    copy files from disk to another is pain in the ass
    must be easy to remember the folder when you switch disk