Zidoo 1000Pro Internal HD issue

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gadgetman, Dec 10, 2021.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I have swapped an HD from my server a 3TB red WD HD, formatted on pc with a usb external caddy to NTFS.

The zidoo player does not recognize and if i format on the zidoo then my pc will not recognize what am i doing wrong?

I first tried a 250gb HD and works on PC/Mac and player but not this red 3TB Western Digital HD.
    Attached with the caddy connected by USB will work but not internally.

2. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

First, try to format the HDD in NTFS by connecting it with SATA to your computer. Then connect it to Zidoo. I had the same problem with WD 4TB Blue.

3. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

i have a macbook not possible

4. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Ok so i got hold of a PC and tried the above and yes works in the Zidoo but then when attach to Macbook with usb caddy i have to initialized , which when you do then will not work in Zidoo what is happening?

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes formatting via USB caddy and SATA are not always compatible. There is an USB to ATA bridge in that one.
    USB Docking Stations normally work but older ones not always.

Using EXT4 may solve it as it is supported directly by both media Players and Macbook.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  6. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

hi thanks for suggestion but already tried that and the zidoo does not recognized need to format again, this is frustrating i have a 250gb hd which works but this wd red 3tb not getting anywhere.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The problem is with HDD's above 2TByte.