New version v6.3.60 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release[16 Dec OTA pushed]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 25, 2021.

1. dutchman

dutchman New Member

Z9X
    The problem with viewing the ipiti is not resolved
    The picture just stops
    I use TiviMate,STB emu and everywhere the same.
    The image freezes.
    This problem has been around for a long time.
    Why don't they fix it?

alffi and genash like this.
  2. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

If you still can't get it done, here is a tutorial video

idlebrain and dutchman like this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to understand this behavior. My movies are also scraped with TMDB and they do indeed have posters. One example is Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
    See TMDB here:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/429617-spider-man-far-from-home/images/logos?image_language=en
    [​IMG]

Poster have around 4000x1300 pixels and as you can see HT has no problem displaying them.

[​IMG]

So it seems that fetching clear logo from TMDB for movies works while it does not work for TV shows. @mirror can you please have a look at this?

Here is an example for a TV Show, Billions:

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/62852-billions/images/logos

Logos are present on TMDB.

[​IMG]

But as you can see no logos are displayed within HT.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  4. deranger

deranger New Member

Hello Mark, thank you VERY MUCH for the good information - I will explore.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

@Sledgehamma,

This is not the same logo: check the Marvel logo above the movie title on TMDb and then, check the logo on your details page (no more Marvel). Your logo comes from here: https://fanart.tv/movie/429617/spider-man-far-from-home/

You can also check the clearlogo folder in the hidden folder .hometheater. I bet that the logo will have a size of 800x310px, like all the other ones in the folder. I have added over 10 french logos on fanart.tv, to get them on the Zidoo automatically (before the option to turn them off).

For the logo addicts, Zidoo could also add the ones coming from fanart.tv for the TV Shows. I suppose that it would not be too difficult. :)

https://fanart.tv/series/279536/billions/

Sledgehamma likes this.
  6. Sledgehamma

Thanks for the reply!
    So the logo for movies comes from fanrt.tv and for TV shows it’s theTVdb?

7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I use TMDb for both (Movies and TV shows) so I don't know. But if you have logos displayed for the TV Shows scraped with TVDb, I suppose that yes, they come from the API of TVDb.

Imho, they should use the logos from Fanart.TV for both : Movies and TV shows, at least for those who use TMDb in any case.

8. Sledgehamma

Yes you are right, checked the folder and they are 800x310.
    Would definitely be great if they implemented the same behaviour for TV shows as it is the case for movies.

Do the posters need to be exactly 800x310 or is smaller also possible?
    Asking because I uploaded one to TMDB with 791x178 but it still doesn't load in HT. Not sure why the resolution changed as I downloaded it from thetvdb and it had 800x310 when I downloaded it.
    Just want to find a way to have logos for my TV shows as well.

9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

If you upload a logo on Fanart.TV, the PNG must use the 800 x 310 pixels dimensions. They are very restrictive about that and to be honest, that’s sometimes a pain to respect their rules (they have some tutorials because the max size is not the only restriction). For Zidoo, using your own logos, I would stay within those dimensions (photoshop is your friend to create a layer using those dimensions and then you just have to paste your logo on it and to merge).

10. nick321

nick321 New Member

Hi,
    I have installed 6.3.60_G on z9x and Megogo app streaming service isn't working anymore.
    It constantly saying about internal error when I am trying to start play movie. People around suggesting that it's DRM related issue. Is there any hope for fix?

11. Sledgehamma

@zidoo can you please also add support for clear logo from TMDB? In most cases the logos are not 800x310 but a lot larger so that you would need to rescale the logos. But from I've seen you compress the logos anyway so that would just be an additional step. Then all the information can come from TMDB :)

12. nick321

nick321 New Member

Update
    I made full reflash firmware back to 6.0.22 and exact the same megogo apk is working again. Then I tried 6.3.41 update and it also break drm movies in megogo. Stuck with old firmware as I need this TV service working. Any comments?

13. muha

muha Active Member

Good job!

14. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Fanart can not support TMDB ID for TV shows just TVDB ID, TMDB have no TVDB ID. so ....

15. Sledgehamma

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  16. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

TMovieDB Movie Clearlogo's size are all over the place and sometimes over 2MB per logo, Fanart logo's have a strict size, and are much smaller.
    What is the problem in using TVDB or TVmaze for TV series who use Fanart Clearlogo's

It's all in the name

17. Sledgehamma

The problem is that I use “intelligent” as scraping and this should be able to populate all data.

I still think it would be the best solution to implement TMDB for logo as well.
    If that is not possible or feasible then I think "intelligent" should use TheTVDB as default.

sojer2005 likes this.
  18. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

When I enter in HT after a clear data or for the first time, I have like a freeze during few seconds when I select the option to import previous settings or when I press ok to validate the initial settings of the App. Before that was instantaneous.

And, even if this is not coming with this firmware but the next, could we stop to add redundant informations here and there, overloading the interface? After the pointless text in the details page of the TV Show, now we have this (the release year) in all the collections. An information already there when you open any details page or season for a show. At least, give us some options to turn them off.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I
    have nothing against some new features, but when they really add something new and usefull to the user’s experience. I hear more often « oh god, I really hope that they will improve the stability of the iso or BD menu » than « oh god, I really need the release years under my posters ». :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  19. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor