New version v6.3.60 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release[16 Dec OTA pushed]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's the projector HDMI resync - it will do that every time it detects a change in HDMI mode (either frame-rate, resolution or HDR mode) - it has nothing to do with the Zidoo.

2. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Mark is absolutely right about synchronizing the projector with the player. for some it takes much longer than shown in the video. But I was confused by the fact that earlier synchronization was faster. Perhaps you need to watch the settings related to the frequency and resolution. Individual EDID I think will not be superfluous, it will not hurt.

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I doubted where I should put this. My apologies if this is not in the right place.
    On my fullHD plasma, I notice that when VS10 is used for SDR cropped video, the black bars appear as (dark) grey. It has been some time (several fw versions) since I've checked on my Panny though. Is this still an old bug or is it something that has been re-introduced? It's when color settings are set on Auto or 16-235. Setting to 0-255 seems to solve it.

4. Markswift2003

This was fixed with a logical workaround in the last couple of firmwares.

To be sure there was no reversion, I just tested v6.3.60 with an SDR only EDID and a 1920x800 cropped MKV rip and the black bars are properly inky black.

The correct setting is 16-235 but the logic can get confused if you switch modes.

To reset do this:

1. Make sure HDMI Range to "16-235"
    2. Set HDR to "Auto"
    3. Set HDR back to "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For all content)" or whatever mode you want to use

If you change HDMI Range in a single HDR mode it messes with the logic, so once it's working, leave HDMI Range on 16-235 and you'll be good.

Whitfield likes this.
  5. muha

muha Active Member

What does Shortcut (to desktop) do in MC?

6. Markswift2003

Where's that??

7. muha

muha Active Member

In options menu in Media Center.

8. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

My Marvel Cinematic Universe Collection is still showing as single films after adding the whole collection to a custom category. All My other collections are showing up properly in their categories except that one....

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Could someone confirm if this is a bug introduced in this firmware?

10. Markswift2003

There is no "Options" menu in Media Center that I can see - can you send a screenshot?

11. Markswift2003

I wouldn't expect this to work at all for BD Menu playback since playback protocol relies on the architecture of the disc rather than a local file player.

12. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

It adds a shortcut to any file/folder in the "all apps". The shortcut opens that folder or file in the media center.

13. deranger

deranger New Member

Hi Mark, first of all, thank you VERY MUCH for your reply. I am fully aware of the projector HDMI resync but there is definitely something missing in the beta firmware that make the refresh last longer. Reason being, all the officially release firmware by Zidoo has much shorter refresh which to me is acceptable. FYI, when I installed the previous beta firmware, it has the same problem and luckily Zidoo released the official firmware v6.3.4 shortly after and after I installed it, the refresh reverted back to normal. Now, after installing the beta firmware v6.3.60, it has the same refresh problem again. In view of this, I am very positive that there is definitely something missing in all the beta firmware that causes the refresh to be longer than usual - hopefully this issue can be resolved. Thank you.

14. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Here goes the media info:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. deranger

deranger New Member

Thanks Theeraphon. Yes, I have some mkv movies and TV series that I always use to do the testing. Like I said, every time after I installed the beta firmware, this refresh issue occurred again. I have done many thing to see if the issue can be resolved but to no avail. Before I install the beta firmware, I even reset my player to factory default but still didn't help. After installing the beta firmware, because of the issue, I once again reset the player to factory default but to no avail. FYI, I set everything the same after I installed both the beta and officially released firmware. I also tried many different settings for the beta firmware but no improvement

16. muha

muha Active Member

It doesn't happen. I don't get folder shown in apps.

17. muha

muha Active Member

Cash cleaner is always showing zero cashe and residue.

Screenshot_20211128-223510.png

18. muha

muha Active Member

Screenshot_20211128-222813.png

19. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Nothing has changed with latest BIOS Z9X_P_v6.3.60_G_202111241929_ota-package.zip.

If I try to record an entire movie, a sport event and so on, for unknown reasons:

- something happens after 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss) that force the exit from HDMI record feature and back Zidoo to its "home page"
    - seems to completes his job, but when I try to play the resulted file, I receive a message that inform me that the file is corrupted/unreadable... :(

With Zidoo X10 and Zidoo Z9s, instead, all it continues to work fine, as I wrote in my first message (Jan 2021).

Please, ZIDOO technicians over all, do something to solve this bug ASAP :(

Thanks in advance for the attention.
    Paolo Stanic

darkeyes909 and dutchman like this.
  20. Markswift2003

The HDMI resync from the Zidoo is immediate - the mode just changes. Any delay in resync is due to how the display deals with that resync.

What mode (resolution/frame rate/HDR Mode) do you have the GUI set to and what mode (resolution/frame rate/HDR Mode) do the files that cause this long resync play at?