Beta version v6.3.50 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 5, 2021.

1. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I checked the video files downloaded from YouTube with AAC audio, the volume slider is set to 100%, everything is OK. I also checked the audio mp3, everything is in order.
    I do not know why. Perhaps I have also turned off energy saving for all applications and processes. Try it.

2. lanz

lanz Member

I have to set the backlight of my QLED TV to maximum (when DV/HDR10+) to have the best rendering for native DV/HDR10+.
    But it's too much for some SDR content rendered in DV via VS10 engine.

I would like to have a way to not activate it for certain contents based on the genre, animation for example.
    Or a way to modify some image parameters for some contents, applying for only SDR for example.
    But that would also mean that I have to redo these changes after each firmware reset, so I'm not too happy with that either.

I should map a remote button to swich TV settings or preset, but it seems it's not possible with hisense/vidaa OS.
    And doing it manually is a real pain.

My niece just adviced me to buy sunglasses. ;)

3. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I can recommend old SDR TV and projectors. On such devices, the VS10 looks almost perfect. But if this engine were modified, raising the brightness and dynamic range, then it would be absolutely wonderful and super. Many would be happy with this magical engine.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The VS10 engine squashes the dynamic range of HDR (typically 0-1000nits) into the dynamic range of SDR (typically up to 0-200nits) so when used on an SDR display, any shortcoming in brightness or dynamic range is in the display, not the engine.

giangi76 and serg fedorov like this.
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I use VS10 for SDR as I think it looks pretty good.

darkeyes909 and Letmein like this.
  6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Does not work for me. I selected a photo via Media Centre and following steps you suggest I changed screen saver interval from 5 seconds to 20. Even after reboot the default screen saver that comes up when video is paused still changes pictures too fast.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The same with my Z9X as with Neo X. All slideshow settings just work fine for me. No need for a boot or even stopping the slideshow. On the next picture displayed changes are applied. This is a clean machine (unmodified apart from some settings) .
    Using the G versions on both but this should not matter.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  8. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Here in the menu where I change the time works good. I set it to 15s and it change the image every 15 seconds. But if the screen saver starts automatically not good again! At only 5sec the between-time again! Test this please!

9. Nice Monkey

Ah you are talking interaction with using it also as the screensaver. You should have said so. Different problem. I presume Zidoo reads along here.
    Isn't there a separate timer for the screensaver? Apparently it overrules the Picture Viewer timer.

10. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I told : "how can I increase the appearance time between images in the screensaver?" I started with this for the question :)

11. Nice Monkey

You are absolutely right of course. Reading is an art. :oops:
    But we got it now! :D

12. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Keep your chin up! :)

13. Question..

My buddy just got the z9x..
    We got his SMB shares going on a Win10 mini pc..

We added movies to poster wall app.
    We start movie and plays...

but...

At random time stamps, it will stop movie then goto Home page (the main android page when zidoo turns on).

We can't figure if this is a bug with firmware or player or streaming over his gig wired network..

I guess the next test is to try direct to zidoo same movie via USB.

Has anyone had this issue with this firmware yet?

Thanks..Just want to narrow down things..

14. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Is his mini pc going to sleep? Zidoo will cache part of the file ahead of the current location, if there's no activity to the mini pc, it might just be going to sleep and when the z9x reaches it's cache limit it 'ends' the video and goes back to the main page?

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Try running the ? external HDD (since its a pini pc) direct to the usb 3 port and see if same issue occurs
    Does the Mini PC have a true gigaport lan connection or just 100 rate one which wont transfer at near needed rates for 4k movie

A simple test for the Mini PC
    with it connected to your internet run a DSL speed test via internet browser
    ie 100 meg fibre im on will test 90-108 M/s usually
    this will show if your lan part of the mini pc can pass data at required speeds

ALSO USB3 port on the Mini PC for the HDD ?
    USB 2 will only pass sub 10M/s ie data rates too low for 4k movies

ALSO if you had just updated firmware on the Zidoo sometimes it can get glitchy untill the Zidoo has had a full POWER OFF for 20 secs ie pull power cable or turn off by the switch at back
    doesnt always happen but can so most of us power down after f/w updates now

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021

16. Thanks for all the suggestions..

I think we found the issue..

On the pc, we have a USB 3.0 plugable USB HUB powered..

When we took the drives off the hub and connected direct to same usb 3.0 port on PC , the movies played perfect over SMB without the crashing back to HOME page..

We also tested direct on zidoo usb ports with no issues..

Maybe the HUB power supply is faulty or dying?

17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Try searching on your mini pc for a setting that allows the hub to be turned off to save power and switch this to off.

18. lanz

lanz Member

What a mess, I just did a factory reset because I always had a purple image when I quit a video (I don't have the problem since).

But the TMDB scraper doesn't scrape anything anymore!

19. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

You're are watching HDR content, so this is obvious

You're using VS10 engine to convert SDR content to HDR and then you complain about the high luminance? Don't use it or lower the backlighting of your TV. I really don't see why this should be a Zidoo concern.

This is nonsense! Nothing personal, but I have to say I really will never understand why people like to process images so much. This never leads to a better image, but only to a worse one. Content creators spend days and days to give a movie a specific artistic "mood" (color correction, color grading) and they do it within regulated standards (color gamut, white balance, gamma. sampling, black level, luminance and so on...). This is why, generally speaking, people should calibrate their TVs o VPRs instead of always wanting to touch parameters they probably don't even know about. (such as the common brightness setting, most of the users still think it should be used to raise the luminance or reduce clipping, when instead they're just raising or lowering the black level, probably also affecting white balance and gamma)

Luckily Hisense is cleaver enough to make all of this a real pain! :p:D

20. lanz

lanz Member

Are you using the VS10 engine for anime with a Dolby Vision television?
    I lowered some TV settings, brightness (50 to 48) and contrast (90 to 75).

It's much better for anime but still a little bit worse for anything else, specially native Dolby Vision videos. It's maybe a work for the Zidoo developers, are they testing their SDR to DV algorithm with anime?

However I still think it would be easier for Zidoo devs to let the user prevent VS10 usage for a movie or series.

Is it me or there is a huge issue with TMDB and Home Theater?
    It can't get any images anymore.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021