Remote control is crazy

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by lucabis, Nov 13, 2021.

1. lucabis

lucabis Member

Hello everyone, the remote control has been going crazy for a few days now. The red light flashes and I can't do anything, then after a few minutes it resets. What does the flashing red light mean?
    Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Maybe a sticky button?

3. lucabis

lucabis Member

How can I clean it?

4. Markswift2003

If it was me I'd dismantle it, lift the rubber membrane from the circuit board and clean the contacts on the board and the buttons with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud or similar.

Screw(s) are probably inside the battery compartment. Make sure you undo all screws (sometime behind a label) and then it would usually prise apart (I use something called a spudger, but a blunt knife will often work).

5. lucabis

lucabis Member

After cleaning, open the remote control, removed the adhesive membrane, cleaned the contacts, closed everything. It works for a while and then the red light starts blinking again. What can it be?
    Where to buy new remote control?
    Thanks

6. Markswift2003

It could be the buttons on the membrane are worn so when you push down, it doesn't spring back up again..

7. lucabis

lucabis Member

I tried, once I was clean, not to touch anything and after a while the red light starts flashing by itself.

8. My remote of Z000 1000 pro lacks the intermediate transparent plastic plate - which isolates the rubber membrane from the circuit board, thus they can not contact arbitrarily - maybe that's why you too have a red light flashing. I have the same remote on Zidoo X20 WITH this intermediate transparent plastic plate & it works OK.

9. lucabis

lucabis Member

My remote has an intermediate plate.

10. lucabis

lucabis Member

Even when removing, the adhesive plate with all contacts the red light flashes

11. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

It happened to me yesterday, cleaning is useless, but I checked that all the buttons works and I reassembled. after a night without batteries it seems to work. The problem I think will return.

12. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

Still working :)