Beta version v6.3.50 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Hello mate - nice to see you here :)

2. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Last night I updated and I must say that everything works very well. . At least for the way I use the reader. Congratulations to the whole team and so on.
    Thanks.

Joe

Mariusz likes this.
  3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Indeed from that comparison the red and the yellow are slightly less vibrant.
    Do you find the firestick with P5/P8 accurate?

Reset_9999 likes this.
  4. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

Yes, the Firestick, the Dune, the x700, the oppo, the Chromecast, the Ugoos AM6, all send TV-LED without a bt2020 flag and are all perfectly accurate.

@mirror if you have no plan to remove the flag then please let me know and I will just sell my device and move on. I paid hundreds of dollars on equipment and calibration, there's no way I'm ruining all of it by using an inaccurate device.

5. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

It would be a simple fix to implement. Would not? I have not paid attention to this problem, but it seems interesting.

Reset_9999 likes this.
  6. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

definitely a simple fix. Vertex or any hdfury device can fix it too. And since the Dune player is basically the same player, Zidoo can do it as well unless they think all the device on the market are wrong but somehow zidoo is right?

sojer2005 likes this.
  7. ragico

ragico Member

+1

serg fedorov and Reset_9999 like this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Maybe this has already been mentioned but forced subtitles do not work if play full UHD Bluray direct and not from the bluray menu.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings uses forced subs extensively for Chinese dialog. Played from main menu forced subs work correctly. However if I play the movie directly forced subs do not work.

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Which the forced subtitle option?

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Within Quick Settings I have Forced subtitle set to 'Auto' and under Default Language\Subtitle is also set to 'Auto'

With those setting the full UHD disk 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings' displays English forced subs for Chinese dialog correctly when played from bluray menu..

However if I play the movie directly, bypassing the bluray menu, no forced subs appear - even though the on screen menu shows English forced subs are selected by default - see screen shots.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  11. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mirror @Markswift2003

First case, I have found some bug with short INFO display, I mean when movie is DTS-HD MA 5.1 it shows DTS-HD MA 7.1. The same with ATMOS and DTS:X, it will show DTS-HD MA 7.1 and Dolby TrueHD 7.1.

Second case, I don't know, what is related with this, but I will describe it step by step. I have Z9X connected via HDMI to Onkyo TX-NR686 and then from amplituner via HDMI to Sony KD55-XF9005.

1. Everything is power off.
    - I have Harmony One remote to rule them all ;) I click on activity, which will power on: TV, Onkyo and Z9X. Everything is working without problems.

2. I have powered on TV, Onkyo and other device for example XSX or PS5. Z9X is powered off.
    - I have Harmony One remote to rule them all ;) I click on activity, which will power off XSX or PS5, then it will power on Z9X and change HDMI input on Onkyo to proper one. In such case I have no picture of Z9X on my TV, it's powered on BOOT, READY etc, and normally there should be picture of Z9X main screen, but it's not. To resolve this problem I need to power off Onkyo and power on it again and Z9X is showing main screen.

Now, what is the problem with point 2? Is it related with Z9X or Onkyo? Please be honest.

Thank you once more for your great help and support.

Sincerely

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

First case: Old problem already there since many FW releases. Being a cosmetic error it isn't getting a fix yet.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ms-upto-fw-v6-3-50-no-feature-requests.84836/

13. Playing a movie with a DTS-HD track adds 2-channels in info.
    MA 5.1 soundtrack, displays as DTS-HD 7.1 etc. DTS-HD MA 1.0 (so in mono) as info gives DTS-HD 3.0. Other ones in DTS or Dolby Digital are ok.

Second case: This is difficult. sequence and timing is critical here. The port on the AMP should be assigned prior to switching on the Zidoo. If that helps?
    HDMI-CEC on media players in general is a very weak implementation. The Zidoo state works reasonable connected to my TV directly and not at all with my Onkyo AMP in-between as the AMP is ignored altogether. I use HDMI-CEC OFF for my media players.

13. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Nice Monkey

Thank you for your fast reply. HDMI-CEC is disabled I don't use this function at all. Harmony One remote activities just power on/off in specified sequence, which I define by my own. I'm using such configuration for many years with many devices NVIDIA SHIELD, UPC decoders, EPSON EH-TW7100 etc. There is a problem only with Z9X in case, which I described earlier. I cannot find, what cause this problem, when TV and Onkyo is powered on and TV and Onkyo is changing HDMI source from one to another and then Z9X is powered on. What's the difference is such configuration, when all devices are powered off and then on with other case when only Z9X will be powered on.

Sincerely

14. I am wondering if this issue is under Zidoo's radar (i.e., a ticket to track) because it affects picture quality/accuracy and should be a simple fix.

Reset_9999 and serg fedorov like this.
  15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I only know Zidoo is different as it does multiple EDID exchanges at multiple occasions/moments.
    Not so many devices do Auto-frame rate, Auto resolution etc etc.

16. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Guys, can I check anyone having issue with the framerate when you playback a movie with DV vs HDR10? For DV, the framerate is at 60fps while HDR10 is playback at the correct framerate of 23Hz. I'm using VS10 engine for HDR and DV.

xskip likes this.
  17. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

MPEG-4 ? 60 fps
    MKV- Ok 23.976 fps

Raymond Lim likes this.
  18. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Yes...does it only affect MP4?

19. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Yes.

Raymond Lim likes this.
  20. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

I see...thanks for the info. Appreciated.