Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I know but the Fotoo screensaver app allows you to playback from photo services such as Google Photos - where I have 1000's of photos in the cloud.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Right gotcha.

3. "Adding source" can only select smb server? can not specify path? what if smb server is not in the same network?

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

20211029_210618.jpg 20211029_210633.jpg 20211029_210647.jpg

I am trying to add my marvel Universe Collection to which has the movies that all tie in together in one set to a Marvel Universe Category and instead it's adding them as single movies again. This was fixed before and now is broken again. The point is that all the marvel Universe movies that are in the same universe, I have in one collection so they are in order. Then I have my TV series and other Marvel movies in that Category.

5. Joe C

Joe C Member

Interesting - for me it's never grouped all the marvel films together as one collection, it's always been the Ant-Man Collection, the Avengers Collection etc. I've had to disband each one and create a custom collection to group them all together.

Out of interest, how do you have your scraper set up?

6. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I already disbanded all the collections that belong to the cinematic universe then added them to A Custom Marvel Cinematic Universe Collection. So that does not include the marvel legacy movies like Spider-man 1, 2 and 3, X-Men, The 1st hulk movie, Punisher movies etc.............. That way I have them sorted in proper order cause collections are sorted by date. Then I put them in my marvel category with the other marvel movie collections and tv shows. but it is not working again.....

7. Joe C

Joe C Member

Ah ok, understand now

8. Markswift2003

I think that may be getting beyond the remit of a local network player but you could probably map the external path to a local drive on a PC and then share that...

9. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I noticed that the trailers in HT4 App are played without audio (and yes, I checked that the option is ticked in the settings). Can others confirm?

10. vddan

vddan Active Member

You have to turn up the volume on the remote !!!!

11. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I am in RAW (HDMI bitstream) and don't see why I should turn up the volume con the Zidoo remote (never did before)... if it's like this (and I will check later), then it's a bug!

12. Markswift2003

Because the trailers are PCM audio and are affected by the volume control even if you have audio set to RAW.

vddan likes this.
  13. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Ok, it works (first time I ever had to touch the volume on the remote control since I have the Z9X...so this is strange). I don't think it's a question of PCM tracks, because I have movies with PCM tracks and they always played correctly with RAW setting without need to turn up the volume on the remote. Probably it's only trailer related... but it's not an issue, I've now set the volume of the Zidoo to max volume... so all good! ;)

14. Markswift2003

No, it's not just trailers - it's anything that doesn't need proprietary external decoding (essentially all the flavours of Dolby and DTS encoding).

vddan likes this.
  15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I did some investigation and you're perfectly right! (both with PCM 2.0 and also 5.1) I also checked with my older X9S and it's exactly the same! I must have always had the Zidoos volume up and never noticed before. I really don't know why it was now muted on the Z9X. I've learned something new today! :)
    And sorry to all for reporting something wrong about the trailers! :(

16. Markswift2003

It's a problem that pops up quite regularly - I think sometimes a firmware update resets to the volume to zero but I've no idea why.

To be honest I have no idea why a volume control is even included on a media player - it should really be disabled.

Tarantula likes this.
  17. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

An option in Quick settings to lock the volume to the max would be nice.

18. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Yesterday I put this firmware and I don't know if it is my impression but I watched some movies in 4k, both HDR10 and Dolby Vision and on all of them the image seemed darker to me and it also seems to me that with the previous firmware everything was better seen ......
    Another thing, is it possible that it is so difficult to fix the dts-hd info on the info that are always wrong, for example if it is a 5.1 it says that it is 7.1 etc .....?

pcristi and Temearoo like this.
  19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

It seems theres is going to be a lot more options in settings being added as we go forward in firmware
    updates which is not a bad thing .

sojer2005 and rozel like this.
  20. darkjina

darkjina New Member

I am outputting dts x 7.1 as dts 5.1.