Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

You need a degree in Rocket Science when you want to get a good picture out of a Zidoo, with all these technical terms..
    All that talk is complete jibberish to me.

Guess i am getting to old to understand :confused:

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To be fair if you set everything to Auto you can't go far wrong with the exception of HDMI Level which should be set at 16-235.

3. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Just curious (really just want to understand the logic, I'm not saying that VS10 engine may not have problems now), why in the hell are you using VS10 engine also with SDR content?? You have a very good OLED TV, so why do you feel the need to convert SDR content to HDR through "some engine" (as good as it can be, it will always be an artifice) instead of sticking to the original content grade you can playback at it's best with such a reference TV as the Z1000 is?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  4. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

Hi Mark, I'm a interested Sony projector owner and here is the EDID of my Sony VW270 4K HDR projector, which i feed always with an LLDV signal of my HDFury Vertex 2.

Hope this helps,
    Cyclion

Attached Files:

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Awesome, thank you!

So this thing about Sony projectors having issues with black level in VS10 came from Zappiti and I can tell you from your EDID that this is not the case. I have to admit I thought it was odd from Sony. Maybe there are older pjs that do this, maybe not - but certainly not yours.

Displays that have this problem don't have selectable HDMI range in YCbCr.

The "Quantization Range Selectable (YCC)" tick box below would be unticked.

This is from your EDID and it's fine - it has the box ticked.

upload_2021-10-29_13-49-25.png

Cyclion and serg fedorov like this.
  6. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

Thank you very much Mark, this is good to know! :)

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I do this - no logic I just think SDR content looks better when passed through the VS10 engine. Just personal preference.

darkeyes909 and Letmein like this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Happens all the time for me and has done for as long as I can remember. Not all audio types but most. I also to skip back 15s or when I un pause or I miss the first 5 seconds or so of audio. I have raised this in the past but not fixed.

vddan and darkeyes909 like this.
  9. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Still nothing for UHD3000? ....:(

joe

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Rather wait for a more finely tuned firmware later dont you think ?

11. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

That won’t be long now, as they have solved the issue in this version of the firmware.

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

and when it comes it will be released to all :)

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Close but no cigar. I have a third party screen saver (Fotoo) set as default which plays back my Google photos. This kicks in fine when in the GUI but when I pause a video the default screen saver kicks in!

It's a big improvement but I would like to see the screensaver I have set not the default.

I paused with SRT subtitles showing and they did not appear in screensaver.

14. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

OK ;)

15. Markswift2003

You can disable the playback screen saver - when the video is playing, press menu, go down to advanced and there's an option to turn it off.

16. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

You can place your photos for the screensaver at: MEDIA CENTER-Storage-zddaydream

17. Guzo

Guzo New Member

The problem is with PGS subtitles only, no problem with SRT ones.

18. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

It doesn't look better, it looks different and you're not looking at the director's intent anymore. I really don't agree, but as long as you like it...

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I don't want to turn it off - as it is it's very useful. I just think it should play the screensaver that I have set in advanced settings - not the default

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

That's why I said "I just think SDR looks better". Purely subjective and personal choice. It looks 'better' to me.

darkeyes909 likes this.