Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Auto Frame Rate seems to be stabilized in first testing. Let's see the behaviour after a deep testing.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

For the moment the only problem with the last firmware and those before: it is after a pose during the reading, with the resumption the sound does not return immediately ............. ... forced to go back 15s to have the sound immediately, otherwise wait a relatively long time !!!!!:(

blenky and darkeyes909 like this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Thank you for the confirmation. It seems there is an issue with AFR but it's not something that most users will come across. It seems to happen when messing with EDIDs and VS10 settings but although I've experienced it a few times I can't tie down the exact reasons or a reliable way to replicate it.

@giangi76 - I can't replicate your chapter skipping issue either so it has to be to do with disc spanning. Look out for a PM.

4. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

This never happens to me with my unit (same with older FWs)

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks for confirming. Yes the ES9068 can do the Second Unfold - it was that I wasn't sure about and if it was the DAC installed in the HiFi players, which it is. UAPP can do the First Unfold but the Second needs harware to render.

6. eak10400

eak10400 New Member

I'm user Z9X from Thailand
    Please I want Picture Paramiters on Dolby Vision back like firmware before It's great because can set picture has brightness very good
    but now it's gone
    help me to bring it back again please...Thanks

pcristi likes this.
  7. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

+1, I have same feeling for FW v6.3.40/v6.3.41 is was better then this is now with v6.3.45.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

What do you mean guys? The picture quality in DV is not the same as with the previous firmware?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  9. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Don't know exactly.
    In short test done I feel like need touch TV settings to get same PQ like on FW v6.3.40/v6.3.41, but that can have other rezone too, maybe clean install help, more test on weekend.

10. eak10400

eak10400 New Member

quality DV it's same but picture paramiters on Zidoo in DV can set to bright much more because DV on my Sony tv x9000f is darker more than HDR if Im setting on my TV but cannot help that

11. Markswift2003

Picture Parameters have never been available for Dolby Vision content when played as Dolby Vision.

12. Markswift2003

He was asking why Picture Parameters are not available for Dolby Vision, but they never have been available for native Dolby Vision:

SDR/HDR10/Dolby Vision content played as SDR/HDR10
    upload_2021-10-28_13-21-59.png

Dolby Vision content played as Dolby Vision
    upload_2021-10-28_13-23-35.png

sojer2005 likes this.
  13. lanz

lanz Member

Did you know why when I boot my zidoo and go to home theater the background is light grey.
    But after watching/closing a HDR/DV file, the background is much darker.
    After it stays darker, except after rebooting once again...

14. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

English please !

15. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Did you ask to remove the gray bars? So they removed it, changing from 16-235 to 0-255 cars.
    And AFR does not work in auto mode VS10, conda content without a layer hdr, only clean dv.

16. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Color Settings-Range HDMI-16-235

17. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mark,

I'm sorry but if I understood correctly one of your messages I have to switch back to "Frame-Rate and Resolution".

18. Markswift2003

No - there are circumstances where Auto Frame Rate does not work but it's only when you start seriously fiddling with EDID settings and VS10 - I've informed the devs but although I had two instances of Auto Frame Rate not working yesterday, I cannot replicate the issue this morning at all!

So, no, if you have no issues with AFR then leave your settings as they are. If you do run into problems, restart the box.

OlivierQC likes this.
  19. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

The screensaver while video pause is awesome, but one problem that kinda beat the purpose though. If you pause with a subtitle on, the subtitle remains on top of the screensaver. That’s a bigger concern about screen burn-in than the video image.

rockmeloman likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

I can't replicate the AFR problem today. Can you tell me the full circumstances and settings please.