Beta version v6.3.40 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 13, 2021.

1. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

OK. Thank you very much for your reply and explanation. I would like to ask you one more question, but it's related with ZDMC 18.9 and 19.1. I have already installed 18.9 and is it possible to install 19.1 without overwrite my current one, that way I will have two separate applications?

I know it work with ZDMC 18.9 and Kodi 19.2 at the same time, but that are different applications.

Sincerely

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, only one version of the same app is allowed on Android.

(it is possible if you know what you're doing decompiling and signing apps and there are apps to do this but really it's not worth the trouble)

3. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

I would like to add to the issues with v6.3.40 firmware that HDMI CEC Volume control is not working with Sony HT-ST5000 Soundbar.
    I can't confirm if this also happens with other Sony TV equipment, but I would imagine that the problem is also present.
    Could someone please verify this and could Zidoo team please solve this issue?

4. Hristo Makrelov

Hristo Makrelov New Member

Hello,

I have a similar problem with my Philips 65OLED854 and Zidoo Z9X. In some scenes, when the movie is 4K HDR, there is a noticeable black stains on both sides of TV. I have done pictures, while watching Dune 2021. It is very clearly noticeable to the left and right, and it appears from time to time. Sometimes those darker stains have like a curved shape, sometimes like on the attached pictures. Some scenes have it, others similar don't.
    When I put Zidoo Z9X to auto the problem got lesser, but still there. I use a good HDMI cable, connected directly to TV's HDMI port.

Can you advice what could be the problem?

P.S. No such problem with 4K SDR of FHD content, no when watching TV channels or Youtube videos. Only when using Zidoo with 4K HDR movies/series.

5. Markswift2003

Looks like it's caused by the TV's backlight. I can't think of a way the Zidoo would cause that unless it was artistic intent in the movie.

6. Hristo Makrelov

It is an OLED TV, so no backlight. But, maybe something with tv prosessing.
    I will check settings, will change the cable and will change the input. Just in case.

7. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I am sorry but your OLED panel is defective. I would try to exchange it or call for repair.

8. Hristo Makrelov

I am not so sure the panel is defective, as every other source is playing just fine. I saw this problem only when playing Zidoo and 4K HDR files. I am inclining to a bad HDMI cable, bad settings in both Zidoo and TV, bad TV firmware update - YES, we've seen some in the past. But this is forthcoming to be checked in a few days.
    Thanks for the input, anyway ;)

9. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I wonder, what is the difference between ZDMC and Kodi with added playercorefactory.xml to define Zidoo Player as external player like described on Kodi Wiki - https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_external_players_on_Android

Will it work such way, when I will add this file to the official Kodi 19.3 version .apk? Or must to have ZDMC 19.3, when it will be available?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely

10. muha

muha Active Member

Samsung series 7, getting black burned in with 16-235so I keep it on auto. All other settings set up to your recommendation.

11. Markswift2003

What do you mean "getting black burned in"?

And what HDR setting are you using?

12. muha

muha Active Member

Sorry Mark at the time I didn't thought that it was important. I just switched HDMI range to auto and it was gone. Now it works fine with new FW.
    I use Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD1619 Players settings + saved EDID (I don't use Switch frame rate and resolution it is bit annoying).

What do you mean "getting black burned in"? - Greys get cut off to black.

13. Markswift2003

I don't see how a bad HDMI cable could cause that, but I also can't think of any settings that would either - can you give a movie and timestamp so I can try to replicate?

14. Markswift2003

Odd - nothing changed in that regard and also Samsungs shouldn't show any difference between Auto and 16-235. Anyway - as long as it's working fine now :)

15. Hristo Makrelov

Hi,

Thank you for support.
    I tried last night cables and sources - it is not the problem. That defect appears in 4k HDR mostly. And only in specific scenes. In FHD it is not noticeable at all.
    Most probably after latest update from Philips the dark/shadow scenes are not handled the proper way. I already contacted Philips support and they came with some proposals and tests to perform. The picture is brilliant when no such dark scenes in movies or when static picture is on the screen. As a start I will perform several pixel clean procedures.

The movie is Dune 2021 DV/DA, time stamp: 1:30 h.

16. Markswift2003

That should be a very dark scene - Looking at the screenshots you sent it looks like the brightness is way too high so I think the shadowing is artifacting produced by the TV because of this.

17. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

You can use the App xbmcwrapper from the playstore.

You can install the official kodi 19.3 version, and use the xbmcwrapper to use the zidoo player in kodi.
    But it only works if you play your files locally.
    If you have them on a nas you need root, or you have to wait for a xdmc version from zidoo

18. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I suggest you read this thread.
    https://www.avsforum.com/threads/oled-screen-uniformity-discussion-banding-and-vignetting.2896737/
    Lots of examples that describe your problem well.
    It is a typical oled issue. Nothing will change after pixel refresh. If you have bought it recently try to exchange.
    To some extent, these types of „stains” are considered normal. But in my opinion, looking at the pictures, you probably have larger than usual, also if you are under warranty it is rather unconditional replacement of the panel (under warranty).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Hristo Makrelov likes this.
  19. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Hello, excuse me a question, I had a mkv with an alac track (m4a apple lossless) 5.1, nothing can be heard, the Alac codec is therefore not supported?
    Thanks

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I just checked with my OLED (3 years old now) and during that scene you can see some vertical banding (and this is typical with OLEDs with these kind of low light scenes - fisrt steps of the gray scale), but absolutely no vignetting or that kind of issue. So that's defenitely your TV or your TV settings problem. Did you perhaps touch the brightness or have some "Dynamic Contrast" function active?

Letmein likes this.