Beta version v6.3.40 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

And it upscales extremely well.

DonnieYen likes this.
  2. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I cant see a difference on projector :(

I try this "Of course it can, just turn off match resolution and only turn on match framerate."

3. Markswift2003

I wouldn't really expect you too - regardless of whether they're upscaled to 4K or not, they're still 2K images.

4. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Actually I compared z9x with nvidia shield tv AI Enhanced mode. ( on 120'' screen size)
    1080p or 720p movies didn't very clear on zidoo but shield tv was much better too.
    Please do not get me wrong. I trust what you say. Maybe shield tv does it better. Maybe I did something wrong somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  5. Markswift2003

You should also trust your eyes - I've always said that if it looks right to you, or sounds right to you, then it is right.

So much of this is personal preference and I think that's easy to forget - the Shield does "process" video as it upscales and if you like that effect there's nothing anyone should say to oppose that.

Personally I don't like processing in terms of scaling - I'd kind of rather see the video as is - how it was produced, but even I've been swayed by the Dolby Vision processing of VS10 - that's not scaling but more colour and gamma, but it's still "processing".

I have a Shield too but I only use it for streaming (rarely these days!) and it's undoubtedly a great bit of kit, but for me, for local streaming, I've found nothing - literally nothing, and believe me I'm constantly looking and testing, to beat the Zidoos.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Been awhile since last beta so just want to report a couple of issues with a couple of full blu rays. I think the issues have already been reported to the techs but just wanted to be sure!

1) UHD full disk for 'The Silence of the Lambs'. This is DV and HT4 recognises it as such. When played from menu its in HDR10. DV if played direct
    2) HD full disk of 'I'm Your Man'. This is a German disk with a 23 Hz menu but a 25 Hz main movie. Opens menu in 23 Hz and then plays movie in same frame rate - not 25 Hz (or 50Hz). Played direct plays at 50Hz.

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a Shield Pro but don't use it all these days. Probably sell on eBay. Its a good bit of kit but I hate the new interface. Between the Zidoo for rips, ATV and my LG TV for streaming I don't have a use for it.

8. Markswift2003

Yeah - it's absolutely horrific what Google have done to it - they've destroyed a great product for Nvidia.

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I have 3 shields, 2 pro and a a 2017 model which runs a remote small Plex server.
    Never been impressed with them, they always start glitching when forcing frame rate, they will run smooth for 15 mins and then it starts - someone who is sensitive to frame skipping like me can’t seriously use them, it isn’t just 23fps either 50fps is shocking, I had reboot at half time if the 4K BT presentation of the UTD match last night.
    Netflix is just as bad also.

10. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

if your projector support HDR maybe you need choose VS10 engine in HDR option

11. why there are two versions of firmware? which one shall I use?

12. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The version G is for the Google Play Store (there is a procedure to activate it when installed). If you don't need it for a specific reason (forget Netflix and other SVOD with the Zidoo), take the other one.

But if you are talking about the version 6.3.41, choose this one. There is a small bug solved with this version vs the 6.3.40: "Added the function to display movie info by pressing Left and Right keys for the first time" works as it should be.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/VEMg6VRC2+9KKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    godalmighty likes this.
  13. Thank you. Just got the box. The firmware is 6.1.15. No OTA update. So I guess I need to do USB update.

14. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

15. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

thanks for that info, never check that site again coz i think this forum is gonna faster release the firmware before that official site
    hope with 6.3.41 fix the greenish screen when using subtitle

v6.3.41
    System
    1. Added volume control for CEC.
    2. Fixed the problem that the color of some special effects subtitles cannot be displayed correctly when outputting Dolby Vision.
    3. Fixed the problem that some video files playback will not end automatically.
    4. Modified the playback issue that some Dolby Vision films are stuterring.
    5. Fixed the problem that upper and bottom black bars of some films are grayish.

Player
    1. Optimized forced subtitles functions.
    2. Added masked screen function.
    3. Optimized the display of some interfaces.
    4. Added the function to display movie info by pressing Left and Right keys for the first time.
    5. Fixed the problem that the status of subtitles is abnormal after pressing subtitle shortcuts to choose subtiels.
    6. Optimize playback stability.

Quick setting
    1. Optimized forced subtitle settings.
    2. Optimize CEC settings.

Music player
    1. Optimized interface freeze problem when there are too many music files.
    2. Optimized album sorting function.
    3. Fixed the problem that SACD album can not skip to next song occasionally.
    4. Optimized the display of some interfaces.
    5. Fixed the problem that lists of artists and albums don't refresh when scanning.
    6. Optimized the sorting function for the current playlist.
    7. Optimized the device removal function.
    8. Optimized image loading speed and stability.
    9. Optimized matching function.
    10. Added the loading function for artist list.
    11. Optimized CUE parsing.
    12. Optimized UPNP data loading speed.
    13. Optimized scanning stability.

Poster wall
    1. Added movie info acquisition when scanning.
    2. Optimized the information icons on movie details interface.
    3. Added more information in movie details interface.
    4. Fixed the problem that scanning cannot be completed occasionally.
    5. Optimized the loading speed of posters.
    6. Optimized the poster display of watching record on the homepage.
    7. Added information source on movie details interface.
    8. Added function to export export collection picture in NFO.
    9. Added local collection picture recognition function.
    10. Optimized trailer loading.
    11. Optimized custom classification collection.
    12. Optimized the scanning stability.
    13. Added Dolby Vision category on homepage

after update it, the problem with green screen when using subtitle still exist
    and i think this firmware is not for google version :(

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  16. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I just updated in 6.3.40 and I have a question regarding HT4.0.

After update the others folder appear which usually contains films that haven't been scraped. In it now I see a file called WPSettings. Should this be there? I hate to have the others folder appear in my poster wall.

17. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The files comes from Windows.

Select it, Pop Menu button, remove it from app or delete it.

18. hranija

hranija New Member

Hello, even with the latest firmware, I have issues with too bright subtitles (in HDR only). If anybody has the same problem (and I expect it affects everybody since the nature of the problem), please write your opinions in thread named
    Z9X: Too bright (SRT) subtitles in HDR

Thank you

19. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

There is a bug in options: HDMI Black Level Auto/15-235/0-255.

I have got Sony KD-55XF9005 and...

- Sony KD-55XF9005 - Auto
    - Z9X - Auto
    - Black is to dark, there is less details in blacks. When Z9X is on Auto something goes wrong with the negotation with TV.

- Z9X - 15-235
    - Everything is OK.

- Z9X - 0-255
    - Everything is OK.

I have got a question about this option, for 4K movie content with HDR10, HDR10+, DV it's better to set 15-255 or 0-255?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely

20. Markswift2003

Yes - this only happens with TVs that allow selectable HDMI ranges for some reason - I notice it with my Sony but not with my Samsung.

The correct setting is 16-235 because that's how video content is mastered.