BUG: Movie/TV show counts are wrong

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Enet, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Enet

Enet Active Member

I don't know if this has ever been brought up before but when counting the number of items under Movies/TV Shows etc, or filtering the count is incorrect.

If it says you have 100 movies then that means 100 posters shown on screen but it does not include posters inside a collection. So if you have a single collection with 3 movies then the total should be 102 movies, not 100. That's 100 + 3 -1 (because the collection poster is included in the initial count)

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Very true
    Maybe a update will correct this little known bug :)

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not a bug, it's by design - it's a count of the posters on screen.

It wouldn't make sense for example with large collection of TV series to say have 120 TV series shown and the number at the top to say, as a random example, 1857.

4. Enet

Enet Active Member

I wondered if it might be by design and what you are saying makes sense for TV series but not for movies. I would like to know how many movies I have without having to go through numerous directories/shares to work it out. For movies this is a bug not a feature and really should be fixed.

5. Markswift2003

It's only a bug if it's not by design - it's showing you how many items are in that particular view and not a library statistic. Personally that makes more sense to me.

6. Enet

Enet Active Member

How can it make sense to have a header with a number not reflecting the actual number of movies you have? There are bugs and issues which will take time to correct and that is fine. But this "design choice" only makes sense in a vacuum and not in the reality of daily usage.

7. muha

muha Active Member

Ok, I think solution should be selectable view with or without collections. Something like show collections option.

I personally don't have problem with settings as they are now, for correct number of files I usually check source.

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Same here but i have to say that I have always asked to myself why all the movies from the collections were not included in that number, so a count of the files for a category and not only the posters displayed on screen (for the TV shows, that makes sense). :)

9. Enet

Enet Active Member

Think of your average non technical user who buys a box and sees a number at the top of the screen. The vast majority of them are going to assume that it reflects the number of movies. I'm a very technical user, but coming from Kodi/Plex etc this was my very reasonable assumption. It's not even that difficult to code because you already tag TVshows so you know which ones to exclude from the real count.

10. muha

muha Active Member

How about when you have same movie in different format, or trailer or director's cut?

11. Enet

Enet Active Member

Extras wont be an issue because they should be associated to a single film and will count as 1 item or 1 poster. I assume the same applies to posters.

12. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

The count is not movie, is number of display from array, this will need be similar to this 100-3+1 = 98 poster to by display it if all 100 movie are matched.
    Source is counting match video items/items.

Between on MP 6.0 are rely exiting bug on counting number of music tracks vs source count.
    As everyone know scan on MP 6.0 give error many times when source is scan that look to duplicate track in sqlite database for track scanned when MP 6.0 crash(error).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  13. DELUCAS

So you have in your entire Movie collection eg ……..

Star Wars Movies 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 +……
    Harry potter Movies 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    The Thing Movie
    Alien 1,2,3,4

Total All = 4

Does that look right ?

14. Markswift2003

That just means you're rubbish at collecting movies.

15. DELUCAS

id be here all day listing the hundreds of movies ;)

16. Enet

Enet Active Member

I know that. That's the bug I was talking about.

Agreed. While it makes sense for TV shows, it doesn't make sense for movies.

17. muha

muha Active Member

Did you freaked out, where is all me Star Wars gone, and you remembered, into Star Wars Collection.

My real sh*t sho*w is keeping my CD, books and comics collection together. I tried keeping excel tabel but than I forget to write to whom have I borrowed :D

18. DELUCAS

Lol
    No all my star wars are kept nicely in collections
    Well apart from Jar jar Binks ;)

muha likes this.