Zidoo NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Inikad, Oct 19, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

If your paying £1000 - £1500 for a High End Android media box i think cost of a ssd wont come in to it besides there quite a good price for instant and ultra silent action .
    and yes gen 3 ssd it be . ;)

Crucial P2 500GB PCIe M.2 2280 SSD
    • CT500P2SSD8
    500GB M.2 SSD • PCIe NVMe Gen 3 • 2,300 MB/s Read, 940 MB/s Write

£51.49 Delivered Free is not exactly expensive for a slight upgrade .

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Ever tried yourself a 2.5 HDD in an 2.5 => 3.5 adapter Quick Loaded SATA inside? I can't hear them at all even from close and they produce similar heat as a SSD. Turning the fan OFF is no problem but I leave them on Auto (run at lowest speed only). Tried with UHD3000 and Neo X myself. They typically consume 2.5 W (500mA at 5V) peak only. :D

Obviously that 2.5 HDD can be still (hot) swapped which is not the case for SSD. But feel free to use SSD. :p
    5 TByte 2.5 inch HDD is € 106.- now for me too big a difference. Got mine at € 89,- last year black friday.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

NEO S support "M.2 SATA 3.0 2280" up to 1TB

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    dr4go and Sledgehamma like this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

It's good news to be able to change the nvme.

And the 1tb are sold at very low prices

DELUCAS likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

Nvme ssd are rapid and leaves old mechanical drives in the dust
    They even beat 2.5 inch ssd in a majority of benchmark tests .

5yr Gtee
    Silent
    Rapid
    Whats not to like .

6. OlivierQC

I know Delucas I have 2 in my pc (corsair MP600 and crucial P2) and considering the price of the NEO S I think it's not a big investment to replace it by a 1tb model if we have a small music collection.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The cost! 2TB = >£450 that's what.

I can't see any and anyway for Film storage what's good with 1TB? - I need 14TB minimum and more than one at this size :(

8. DELUCAS

Hello OliverQC

Have them in various X10 ,Z10 etc models for years now Fan ever enabled no issues

but odd the Nvme is restricted to 1tb only not 2tb maybe future firmware may unlock it ?

poss future Zidoo Models may include this NVME Connection as well , its so small and easily added to motherboards
    With no extra room req .

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Google - there's a 1.92TB sized NVME for sale at £430

I run 3 smaller NVME's in my PC rig and they are lightening fast though

10. OlivierQC

@rozel,

Basically, it's meant to store music not movies, Zidoo offers 256gb and you can go up to 1TB, it's a good point.

Of course, music lovers have collections of several TB and this does not concern them.

DELUCAS likes this.
  11. OlivierQC

Hello Rozel,

It seems expensive in the UK?

In Canada, example of average price ($ CAD) of nvme 2TB

[​IMG]

12. DELUCAS

The Zidoo Neo takes NVME up to 1tb for internal Music etc

thats what we are discussing .

attaching an external drive via usb can be limmitless and you can choose what type you please
    Wether hard drive 3.5inch or ssd 2.5 depending on what you prefer or can afford .

1TB M.2 SSD • PCIe NVMe Gen 3 • 2,400 MB/s Read, 1800 MB/s Write Circa £94.79 inc del

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting @OlivierQC - I would possibly be interested in storing my music on a few of these but don't think the Z1000 Pro has the interface for them.

14. DELUCAS

of course there is
    But the Zidoo at moment is restricted to 1tb for music purposes which can be purchased for Nvme 1tb £94.00 if some wish to upgrade .

15. OlivierQC

A member of the HCFR forum gave an interesting information for the uninitiated like me.

With a 1TB NVME you can store about 1000 hours of music in 24/96 and about 500 in DSD

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And I've just found a cheap caddy to hold one and which can plug into one of the Ziddo's USB 3.0 ports!

Hmm

17. OlivierQC

As said before,

The size of the NEO S have been updated on the Zidoo website and here is an image that allows us to see the dimensions of this box with the HiFi headphones on it, we can say that the NEO S will be easy to install in an audio/video installation,

[​IMG]

See you soon

18. OlivierQC

Hello

2 videos of NEO S and NEO X that you may already know., thanks to Zidoo-Peter

See you soon

19. muha

muha Active Member

forget about NEO S
    look at those speakers
    what are those
    body parts of the late Optimus Prime?

rozel likes this.
  20. OlivierQC

New remote control available and compatible with all Zidoo multimedia players.

[​IMG]