Did openwrt for previous line of devices come with dlna server?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by muha, Oct 18, 2021.

1. muha

muha Active Member

I know that it came with transmission and SMB, but did it have dlna server built in? After 3 months and some of using Z10 Pro i realized that only thing lacking for Z10 Pro to be true media center is builtin DLNA server. I am not talking about necessary improvements of existing apps, I am just pointing what is not there.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

As far as I know it did not.

muha likes this.
  3. muha

muha Active Member

Thanks for info.

4. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Zidoo Z9s OpenWrt
    Capture.JPG

Both Zidoo Z9s & Z9X have DLNA DRM(Digital Media Renderer) support via quick setting.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    dr4go and muha like this.
  5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is good to be corrected. Did not remember this.
    Thanks @pcristi

pcristi likes this.
  6. muha

muha Active Member

That would be nice to see implemented into future fw.

7. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@muha
    I'm sure are some DLNA server available on Google Play to give a try.
    My Zidoo Z9X already running entware, so just quickly test MiniDLNA and run pretty well on USB connected device for testing propose.
    Screenshot_20211018-233006.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-230237.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    muha likes this.
  8. muha

muha Active Member

Thanks, I did tried what GStore had to offer and it didn't work out. Unfortunately MiniDLNA is not available. I am running emby server, but since I am just using it for music it would be nice to have built in dlna server that would run silently in background.
    I am not really desperate to be messing with root and side loading. I don't wonna mess it up and go through reinstalling and setting up everything again.
    I did install GStore to se how much of memory will it eat and fortunately it is not that relevant. But basically it doesn't have anything to offer.

I downloaded all the files necessary and when I get in the mood I will try it out,
    thanks again.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021