Beta version v2.3.80 for Z9S/Z10/Z1000/X20/X20 Pro/UHD2000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by mirror, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

2. dapro

dapro Member

What makes you laugh? My question is whether the aspect ratios of the films are automatically recognized?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Wasn't a reply to your question.

4. dapro

dapro Member

Ah ok

5. Zed83

Zed83 New Member

I'm still having problems with the Digital Audio Output through Toslink with the Z9S. There are still random audio outages with Dolby Digital tracks in movie playbacks.
    It can be very confusing if the sound goes away for a moment during a movie playback.
    There is no firmware so far, which solves the problem for me :-(

6. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Trailers finally worked again, unfortunately the firmware does not search for the trailers in the set language and always plays them in English. At least when I have selected the German language. This used to work a few firmware updates ago.

Otherwise, the firmware is a big step forward overall. The bug that one of the previous speakers still has with the missing menu item "Audio Offset" when the German language is selected, I can strangely not confirm. it appears to me as the penultimate menu item under "Playback".

However, I can concur here:
    "And to get things worse, in German it is shown, that the function "Schneller Vor- und Rücklauf" (Fast forward and rewind) is selected, but in fact the function "Audio offset" (see first screenshot) is selected. So there is a difference between what is selected and what is displayed. The first three items are correct, but from the fourth entry it is wrong. For example if i choose "Fast forward and rewind 5 min", in fact the function "Fast forward and rewind 1 min" is selected."

It would be great if these 2 mentioned bugs would be fixed in a future firmware.

7. LarryZ

LarryZ Member

Hi furzgesicht, you are confusing here menu items. You are right, there is a menu item Audio Offset under Playback.
    This ist not the problem.
    The one i am talking about and which is missing, is under Function keys -> Up and Down keys

8. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Ok, my fault. You're right of course. Missing here, too.

9. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Not fixed....

10. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

I'm using my z9s' every day and this phenomenon never happened to me. Screensaver is working as it should at my 3 devices (3 x z9s)

11. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Same here... I have never seen this occur on any of my firmware versions. Screensaver engages when it is supposed to.... and have never seen it during playback of a movie file.. unless paused of course.

12. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Check setting of Android stay awake from developer options if helps.

13. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Perhaps your Screen Saver is set to off in the settings.

On Z9S forum there were many complains on that
    and the fact that it was written in the release notes means it was an issue

Never mind...I will turn back off the screen saver....

14. Mpira

Mpira New Member

Hello,
    Anyone try this FW on Zidoo X20 ? any bugs?
    Thanks

15. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

How do I get to developer options?

16. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

As I use CFW(DRM_L3-rooted) Developer Options are always active.
    Quick Settings/Other/About/Advanced Settings/Developer Options
    If Developer Options is not active for you then 7 click on build number to activated.

LE: Enable debugging on ZIDOO Z9S(RTD 1296) include on tutorial from mcbluna.net.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  17. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

No, it is not turned off... I have it set for 5 minutes of inactivity... and it turns on at that time.

18. Yippeekiyay

Yippeekiyay New Member

2.3.80 has problem on my z9s.
    LED panel show HELLO whole time when i turn on and play video.
    sometime i play 709 video, it shows HDR sometime is not.
    is it bug or somehting? please fix it.

19. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Yep!
    that did the trick
    Thanks

20. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

If you look closer will see 1-2 segment are missing from world HEllO in general factory reset solve this problems for me with other FW version.

Tarantula likes this.