Beta version v6.3.40 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, and definitely HDR - you had me doubting myself so I just checked..

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Is VFW SDR 4K as well?

3. Letmein

Letmein New Member

VFW:
    US is SDR and Eu\German is HDR10+

4. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

zidoo Z9x : CEC totaly not working with Denon x4500h receiver... volume, power on/off denon ignores..
    also a little anoying when starting new video, or next tv episode, i get 0.5sec flash of image on screen and sound ,then goes black. and later shows everything as it should. this hapening on JVC N7 projector. on zidoo z1000pro on early firmwares i dont have this problem.

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I'm working with Z9X since the beginning and thought black screen of 1sec was normal while sending the files to a projector (Benq W5700).

6. Markswift2003

Once again, black screens (HDMI resyncs) are perfectly normal when HDMI modes change (HDR mode, Frame Rate, Resolution) and it is the display that causes it, not the source.

How long the black screen persists depends on the display.

To reduce the number of resyncs, match the frame rate to the frame rate of most of your content (usually 23.976fps) and turn auto resolution off (let the Zidoo upscale/downscale).

Advanced users can also use LLDV for all content which along with the steps above virtually eliminates HDMI resyncs.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Well my TV resyncs at least 3 or 4 times when switching on and then opening UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) and so not sure what's going on. Playing a Film results in 2 resyncs. I am set to LLDV, always, and frame rate - 23fps. I live with it as the resyncs take less than 3 to 5 secs.

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

In my case it still persist but I understand it's resyncs normal issue.

9. Markswift2003

I can't comment on what UAPP does to the HDMI port as I don't use it, but I have a Samsung TV which as you say, takes about 3s to perform an HDMI resync.

I have my Zidoo set to 4K23 LLDV and Frame Rate Mode set to "Only Frame-Rate" so the only time I see a resync is when playing 24, 25 or 59/60 fps material which is almost never.

Can't think of a reason why your TV would resync every time you play a film with those settings unless the resolution changes.

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmmm - not sure I have this setting active. I'll take a look later - thank you Mark

11. Any timeline when this update will be available via the OTA beta branch?

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

V6.3.40 ?

just download to usb !

13. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

This version of HT4 broke the recognition of 3D movies upon a complete rescan. Used the same naming convention for those movies for years now. Movie Name 3D.mkv.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I checked my settings and were, as I thought, set to Frame Rate and Resolution. Setting to Frame Rate only made absolutely no difference at all and so because you have said in another thread that by setting to Frame Rate only allows the Zidoo to do the upscaling, I will be going back to both as my TV will upscale much better than the Zidoo.

15. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mirror @Markswift2003

May I have a favor and please you for one more simple option (disable/enable), I mean when we start a movie file, there is: "Loading video...", someone may also disable/enable Logo and Title of the movie to be shown or not. I would like you to please, pretty please... Add an option to disable/enable a text before movie loads: "Loading video...".

I have disabled Logo and Movie Title before movie starts, but there is still: "Loading video..." text before it. There is possibility to disable/enable Logo and Movie Title, it would be great to have a possibility to disable/enable text: "Loading video..." - yes, I know there will be a black screen before movie starts and this is exactly, what I would like to achieve.

Pretty please :)

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

16. hranija

hranija New Member

Hello, I've created a new topic related to the screensaver on paused movies. Hopefully we will find a solution or forward a feature requests to Zidoo devs.

Please if you can somehow help with that topic, I would be happy for your help in the separated topic and quote there.

See Z9X: Screensaver does not kick in when media is paused topic.

mytich likes this.
  17. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

I would like to ask, how to change/edit/update file strings.po in ZDMC under skin folders. I would like to correct some translations for specific skin in ZDMC.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

18. akan7

akan7 Member

Hi, the Forced subtitles is not working with Dolby Vision titles. Working fine on v6.3.35 but not in V6.3.40

Thanks

19. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

20. mytich

mytich Member

Of course it can, just turn off match resolution and only turn on match framerate.