Suggestion : If Home Theater can do this ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Oct 4, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just a though an idea for H.T.V4

With peoples increasing Movie Collection and you cant make up your mind what to watch tonight ……

as an example : Kids fighting over what Movie to watch use random Choice to settle argument !

Can there be an option button where H.T.v4 randomly picks out a movie from your entire collection but you see it on the wall Movie Posters being randomly moved about and a Movie picked and Displayed as the choice .

Bit like Kalediscope where the posters are randomly jiggled about
    Link below .

Has Zidoo got enough resources / memory to do it ?

1 Min 46 sec In video

any thoughts ?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  2. DELUCAS

Most Major Bugs have been sorted .

for the Future to be added
    And why not

gotta be forward thinking besides how do you think we all on here have improved and suggested ideas on H.T.
    Plus there is competition out there now .

3. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Not a fan of Kaleidescape wall or their alphabetical listing. Using multiple Genres works nicely (9 at the moment) since not really into totally random surprise selections. Sad to say, I would probably never watch about 20% of movies on server again.

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I rather prefer the order by genres, release date and quality of movie file (SD, HD, UHD, 4K...)

5. DELUCAS

Kalidescope was used as an example of showing how it could look !

6. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I think it's an unnecessary feature. I wouldn't appreciate much if this was added. But surely there are those who do (e.g. You)

7. DELUCAS

Lol
    Really ?

No harm in pushing out ideas is there for future features is there ?

8. Enet

Enet Active Member

The one thing I'm worried about is adding too many features and it ends up a buggy mess. There's still a lot to be done. Off the top of my head I can think of:

- Blu-ray menus slow and buggy.
    - Disc type sashes (4K/3D etc) are much better but still buggy, especially inside collections.
    - 2x/4x etc speed viewing doesn't always work on 4k discs, especially in reverse.
    - Watched icon is not visible on light backgrounds.
    - The icon inside a movie description, that shows that it is being watched and how long is left does not change back once the movie has finished.

I would rather they concentrate on making the device work properly first.

Mabon likes this.