Beta version v6.3.40 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Hi Mark, hi Olivier, hi all.

Sorry me for the outburst, but it's from last January that I've pointed out about this problem and never received an answer...:

23 Jan 2021

Zidoo Z9X recently buyed: HDMI record doesn't work correctly (when activate "Start Record", the input video "slows down" and is recorded "slowed down").
    As soon as I stop the recording with "Stop Record", the video input returns to running smoothly, without slowdown.
    With Zidoo X10 and Zidoo Z9s, instead, all it works fine and I used the same configuration on all of them three.
    Maybe the new HDMI apk has a/some bug/s.
    It could be possible to uninstall it and try to use, e.g., the Zidoo X10/Z9S HDMI apk ?
    Thanks in advance for the attention.
    Paolo Stanic

05 Jul 2021

Hi all... : )
    Coming back to HDMI Record feature, currently, with Z9X_P_v6.3.12_G_202106161134_ota-package.zip (beta) installed on my Zidoo Z9X, I was able to program and record correctly (I have not encountered any more, activating "Start Record", that the input video "slows down and be recorded slowed down") but unluckily, only for a maximum of 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss).
    If I try to record an entire movie, a sport event and so on, for unknown reasons:
    - something happens after 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss) that force the exit from HDMI record feature and back Zidoo to its "home page"
    - seems to completes his job, but when I try to play the resulted file, I receive a message that inform me that the file is corrupted/unreadable... : '(
    With Zidoo X10 and Zidoo Z9s, instead, all it continues to work fine, as I wrote in my first message (Jan 2021).
    Please, do something to solve this bug ASAP !
    Paolo Stanic

And only starting from August, I've started to use a different "tone" to explain my problem...

11 Aug 2021 (when a new BIOS was released..)

Hi all... : /
    Coming back to HDMI Record feature, currently, with Z9X_P_v6.3.26_G_202107301429_ota-package.zip (beta) installed on my Zidoo Z9X, I was able to program and record correctly (I have not encountered any more, activating "Start Record", that the input video "slows down and be recorded slowed down") but unluckily, only for a maximum of 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss).
    If I try to record an entire movie, a sport event and so on, for unknown reasons:
    - something happens after 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss) that force the exit from HDMI record feature and back Zidoo to its "home page"
    - seems to completes his job, but when I try to play the resulted file, I receive a message that inform me that the file is corrupted/unreadable... : '(
    With Zidoo X10 and Zidoo Z9s, instead, all it continues to work fine, as I wrote in my first message (Jan 2021).

Paolo Stanic

21 Aug 2021

Mmm... no one is interested to solve this issue ? No one other than me want/need to record through HDMI ?
    Paolo Stanic

an so on, until yesterday....

So, really, excuse me, I'm not used to speak louder/shout but it's a fact that nowaday, the HDMI IN is not working as expected/declared...

By addressing the Forum, I hoped (and I hope) to find the support that every User needs, not only through the experiences of other Users, but also and expecially from Zidoo directly, since the link to the Forum itself is present on the official Zidoo web page (I therefore assume that someone of Zidoo staff also follow/support/administer it)

Also, I underline it, what I'm pointing out is a real malfunction/defect of the media player that I bought from Zidoo, which is in the DUTY to fix, because I want to see the Z9X also work well as the Z9S and X10 I own.

Paolo Stanic

Have a nice day :);):rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have your chosen screen saver kick in when a movie is paused? OK I can turn off the movie but often I prefer to pause when playing from BD menu to avoid having to go through the whole menu process again. It would be great if I'm not back in a few minutes my screen will be protected by a screen saver.

This happens on Apple TV and the Shield. Only the Z9X stays on a paused screen indefinitely.

hranija and maglione like this.
  3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Maybe.

blenky likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Hi Paolo,

Don't worry about it - I was only joking with you :)

I'm afraid that the HDMI in is probably something that gets very little attention from the devs because the box is mainly designed to be a media player so all effort is put into that.

I suspect that you gained little attention from your posts because few people use this facility and nobody really has an answer.

I will pass onto Zidoo and hopefully we can get an answer,

Mark

Capitan Solo likes this.
  5. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Thank you so much !!! :)

P.S. The strange thing is that on my other Zidoo media players this feature works really fine..
    In fact, currently, I'm using the Z9S/X10 to record through HDMI IN without problems.
    My expectation is that Zidoo take care about this specific issue on Z9X, related to this feature (HDMI IN), because I've overall bought and use Zidoo's media player like a digital VCR and not only as media player (as most other Users) accessing my multimedia NAS repository.
    Otherwise, maybe, I've would have choosen a multimedia player without an HDMI IN port ;)...

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Sorry, but is it not better to concentrate on fixing the existing bugs first, before adding new features ?

7. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Which ones new features ?
    Are you referring to my HDMI IN (a built-in feature) issue ?
    If yes, sorry, but is not a new one...
    Yes, I agree with Mark that reply me that this features seems not interest most of the Users, but also the lesser part of them that, instead, have it and bought a Zidoo MMP for it, has the right to be heard and receive support from Zidoo.
    Paolo

8. Markswift2003

It was in reference to the screensaver not HDMI in.

TifKag likes this.
  9. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

:oops:;)...

Thank you again Mark.

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

You don't have to apologise ;)

Of course bugs will always take priority but that does not mean you can't ask about new features. It's a forum for open discussion after all.

11. maglione

maglione Member

For me this is mandatory, right from the start.
    My old dune 4k has a screen saver when I pause a movie.
    Old shield tv with kodi too.

blenky likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

The thing is everyone has a different view - I like the screensaver on the GUI when I have the TV on but I don't want one popping up and spoiling the experience when I'm in the cinema and pause to get some more beer...

13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It's as simple as function on demand

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Don't worry Capitan solo, you are expressing your frustration and it's normal, you are not the only one on this forum, it's a place of exchange as the other members say

If you are interested in the Zidoo forum, you can visit me on my Facebook group (see my signature) where I give my opinion on Zidoo devices (especially on the software part) because I don't want to pollute the Zidoo company's forum out of respect for them.

You can visit me whenever you want, discussions are free about Zidoo devices as long as it remains polite, I reply to the message when I have an answer and I also add tutorials for people who discover the features of HT4.0 among others.

See you soon

blenky likes this.
  15. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

Why sometimes, when I play new movie .mkv (2160p backup video+audio from my physical collection) from my HDD via USB to Z9X it's choppy and after few times cycle STOP/PLAY/WATCH few minutes (choppy) it's normal again (and every next time I play it's OK no more choppy)? Is there any buffor/cache something? I have such with Dirty Dancing, Lord of the Ring, Split... It's only with new fresh content... HDD health is excellent and there is lot of free space.

UHD BD hasn't got any scratches, no phisical damage it's play fine on my standalone player.

Sincerely

16. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Does this happen with network via SMB/NFS too?

17. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Franconian
    I don't use SMB/NFS, only HDD directly connected to Z9X. All of my movies play without problem, even those which behave strange (choppy) for few cycles STOP/START/WATCH. Every next playback of those movies are OK, but after some time. It's not concerned with all new movies on HDD, just random ones. I cannot find any similarity between them. All are prepared/backuped the same way with the same versions of software and hardware.

Sincerely

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have an OLED TV and need to be careful about burn in. My ATV, TV and Shield will go to screensaver after about 5 minutes no matter what app I'm in so I don't worry about burn in if I say pause a movie using Infuse on the ATV. For me the Z9X is odd that it goes to screensaver in the GUI but not when a movie is paused.

karipu likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Must admit it would make more sense for the screensaver to kick in on pause as well - my timeout is set for 10 minutes which is great in the den where I tend to leave it running in the background and as far as the cinema goes, it's doubtful I'd ever pause a movie for that long (unless I'd imbibed a vast quantity of Guinness in a very short space of time!).

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have mine set for 2 minutes so kicking in during pause would be ideal for me.