Music scan issues.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Dazed44, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Dazed44

Dazed44 New Member

I searched the forum and can't find anything, so please excuse my newness. When I do a library scan of my music, it always errors out before the scan is finished. I even tried breaking then down into smaller folders. Anything over 900 files errors out. This happen to anyone else or know a fix? Thank you.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    dr4go and Dazed44 like this.
  3. Dazed44

Dazed44 New Member

Thank you pcristi. I'll definitely take A look now. Thank you very much for the info and response.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    pcristi likes this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thank you pcristi,

This information will be useful

5. muha

muha Active Member

It is as @pcristi wrote, press update, play some music from folder view and if error happens, music will stop, press update again.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Good advice - I started using Imerge music servers decades ago and always saved my folder.jpg at 500x500. These days I use Squeezebox (Logitech Media Server) and Linn DS and I still stick to that size religiously - I use Crestron and iOS panels and the resolution is perfect with a small file size.

7. muha

muha Active Member

After reading @Larry Lo MP thread I felt little bit depressed. Thinking to pull out WD Hub and set it up just as music server.