MediaInfo for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, you need to rescan (because that how the MediaInfo data is derived). There are a few ways to do this, for example:

1. Clear the database and rescan online - this may give different posters depending whether TMDB have moved stuff around

2. Export Posters & Fanart, clear the database and rescan online using local artwork - so you retain the same posters

3. Export Posters & Fanart, clear the database and rescan using local XML and local artwork - this retains the same posters and metadata.

zarathoestra likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

So it seems that there is no official Dolby logo using the new Double-D for Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD & Dolby Digital Plus (unless anyone else can find them)

So that means either creating unofficial logos to keep coherency which is not ideal, or mixing up old logos and new, again not ideal.

This is a mockup of a Vision and Atmos file:

Screenshot_20210910-191443.2.png

But in certain circumstances you may end up with something like this:

Screenshot_20210910-191443.3.png

Derek Watson and Sledgehamma like this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I couldn’t find them either :/

I suggest creating “unofficial” ones, what do you think?
    But I guess on the other hand the different logos for different codecs are the official Dolby way

4. Markswift2003

Bizarre isn't it? Not sure on this one.

To be fair it would be unusual to see different logo versions on one movie - that would only happen when a secondary (non-Atmos) language track was remuxed as the primary track. Generally a Dolby Vision grade would be accompanied by an Atmos track in the primary language - I've never seen otherwise.

It does look like Dolby have abandoned Dolby Digital (Plus) and TrueHD branding though.

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Will the new version now ignore files created with added prefixes and just use info from media info?

Also I guess the scan will distinguish Dolby Atmos from Dolby TrueHD and DTS:X from DTS-HD MA

Letmein likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

If for some reason any info isn't picked up by MediaInfo (and I can't think why that would happen) then the Suffixes will still work but I don't know if that functionality will remain.

It works extremely well and doesn't miss a beat with my library. The only thing missing at the moment, as discussed earlier, are frame rates other than 23.076 but that should be fixed tomorrow.

It has no problem distinguishing Dolby Digital (+), TrueHD, Atmos, DTS-HD MA and DTS-X. A couple of issues with DTS (ES) to sort out, but that should be straight forward..

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Great stuff Mark. This functionality had been a long time coming but it's great it nearly here. Shows what can be accomplished when the developers work so closely with the community. Dune HD should take note!

zarathoestra likes this.
  8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will add a refresh buttom

fsim2000, dr4go, Mabon and 7 others like this.
  9. vddan

vddan Active Member

SUPER .......... better and better !!
    Quickly the update.

10. Markswift2003

User Collections are exported in the NFO. Don't know about Categories, I don't use them so have never tried, but I assume they get exported too.

Try an export and see if details appear in the NFO.

Ideally this needs a Refresh All button...

Mabon likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

It would be ideal to change the "Update" button in "Sources" to also do a refresh

Mabon likes this.
  12. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I removed the sources and re-scanned everything. Will that work the same? so far it's working but for how long?

13. Markswift2003

That's option 1, so yes.

14. Nicholas Hewitt

Thanks!

15. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello to all. To delete the database you have to go to the volume and with the menu key choose delete the data from the volume. Quite right ? Then I rerun the scan and the new dolby badges should appear. Thanks

16. Nicholas Hewitt

just go to the sources and remove them and rescan

17. Nicholas Hewitt

go to sources then clear each source and rescan

18. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello. I have over 500 titles. Do I have to delete them one by one or can I go to the volume and delete only the info and then update?

19. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Sorry I misunderstood.
    I only have 15 titles in dolby vision. I did a test with Alita.
    From the wall I press I go to the poster I press menu and delete data.
    Unfortunately doing the search again the badges are the same. The new dolby vision logo does not appear.
    What can I do ?. Thanks

20. mytich

mytich Member

Screenshot_20210918-135011_Chrome.jpg