Practical-experiences using the UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes it does.

Just set as per the first section here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/

This will output native resolution, frame rate and HDR mode, allowing the Lumagen to do its thing.

Zidixx likes this.
  2. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. vipkekko

vipkekko Member

ho il lettore uhd300 perche si blocca la visione del film quando e condiviso in rete , sul nas??

4. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

First experience with the Zidoo UHD3000 (vs 2000)... I am actually very surprised at the upgrade from the previous player. The pic and the sound are quite an improvement... There is a depth to the pic and sound on the 3000 that's out of this world. Wow!

5. tugar

tugar New Member

Are you talking about movie files here - pic and sound compared to UHD2000?

UHD2000 - ESS 9038 DAC
    UHD3000 - ESS9068 DAC

6. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I'm more on the film side... And I happened to be comparing side by side.

7. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi NiceMonkey!
    Have you tried to root the UHD3000?

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never used Root in y life. Sorry.

9. tugar

tugar New Member

@Nice Monkey - A question about the 2 hdmi out. So if i have a DSD/music collection on my NAS, i should use the hdmi audio only and for movies I should use the other hdmi out.

So both would need to connect to my surround processor, is that correct?

10. Nice Monkey

No; Music Player(s) will work just fine leaving the TV Off using just the Main Output. Do this all the time.
    Added the text below to the first post. Thanks for asking.

This is the only current Zidoo model with an additional HDMI Audio Output port. This alone may be a valid reason to purchase this model. The second port is meant to be used connecting an AMP to it bypassing the AMP for Video going straight to the TV using the Main port. This for those having a recent TV and an older AMP not passing the high definition Video signals like 4K, HDR10, DV or HDR10+ as desired. Plenty of those around. Mine e.g. does not pass HDR10+ despite being just a few years old.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    tugar likes this.
  11. Snoopy8

Snoopy8 New Member

New to forum and Zidoo. Had the UHD3000 for 1 day and it has delivered on playing multi channel (MCH) music and concerts in Bdmv folders on a NAS.

However, cleaning up unmatched and wrong MCH music and concerts was painful, with about a quarter properly identified. While it has successfully scanned Bdmv folders on the NAS (via NFS), it failed (process says "scanning" but it does not do any) to scan folders with Mkv files (DVDs ripped using MakeMkv) on same NAS. The Mkv files can be played individually using File Manager. ** Not sure what happened earlier today, but it has managed to scan the Mkv files just now** Using MP6 v6.3.40.

Picture and audio quality is good. Overall, am happy with the UHD3000 that made it much easier and convenient to play my backed up Blu ray discs.

12. Nice Monkey

Never use the jukebox feature. Use the file browser to find my album and play it next. My collection is too complex to be handled by a scan.

13. tugar

tugar New Member

Using Media Controller file explorer - wow the music player is great, love the lyrics and karaoke, it gave me a chuckle!

In System settings under "hdmi Output" there are 3 options:

RAW
    LPCM 2 Channel
    Auto
    Close

If i wanted to use my SSP's dac instead, do i choose raw which i assume will bypass the ESS9068 dac?

14. Nice Monkey

Just toggle the DAC output between DAC internal and DAC disabled. The HDMI setting will switch automatically then with it as described in my review:

Practical playback using MP6 or other music player APP's
    Using FW v6.1.05 DAC Analog and HDMI Digital output modes can be changed not only via Quick Setup but also be toggled using Zidoo Navigator and/or mapping the HDMI/DAC toggle to one of the colored keys on the remote control. This works quick and easy in practice.

The switch is 3 way: HDMI Output, Internal Source DAC Output and External USB Source DAC output. Assigned it to a colored button on the remote for ease of operation myself. Use the included Colored Key Mapping APP for that. No need to go to setup then anymore.
    Using that assigned key then will pop-up a message showing the 3 position switch is in. Also the Icon on the Front display will show DAC when internal or external USB is selected.

To change between Multi Channel Home Theater mode and 2CH Stereo DAC mode one just needs to switch source on the AMP and Toggle the output mode for UHD3000 concurrently. The Zidoo FW is smart enough to switch HDMI output mode from RAW to 2CH when going for DAC output and switch it back again to RAW when going for HDMI once more. This way all MCH audio sources are always being downmixed when using DAC analog regardless if the source is Video or Music.
    Unfortunately this reveals that the SOC HW is used for the downmixing which explains why HDMI output and DAC Output can't be used concurrently like UHD/BD Disc players normally facilitate.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  15. tugar

tugar New Member

Ok so when the dac logo is present in the Zidoo, i see that it is using "internal player" in the DAC audio source in and Audio - hdmi audio i see it's on option "close" ... and I get no sound?

When i change source in to "turn off DAC", Audio hdmi is set to Auto. (I assume this is just sending the raw signal and is then using my SSP's dac) ...I get sound here

I guess the issue I'm having is trying to use internal player DAC via hdmi out, or is that not possible, it requires the analog connections?

16. Nice Monkey

Indeed Analog RCA or XLR.

17. tugar

tugar New Member

Thanks! But it doesn't really make any sense to me actually. My SSP doesn't support play back of DSD files at all but they open and play fine with Zidoo via hdmi and I see no dac displayed on the Zidoo lcd display.

So hdmi set to auto and source in set to turn off DAC and I'm able to play back dsd and also open and play SACD iso files using Zidoo controller app.

18. Nice Monkey

DAC (=Digital to Analog Converter) always work with Analog outputs only.

Exactly. Zidoo converts 2CH DSD => 2CH PCM via HDMI which your AMP plays just fine.
    But for 2CH SACD using the DAC via Analog will be played DSD native upto DSD512 (tried that one). Should produce better sound compared with most AMP's via HDMI.

Please read the review it is all in there.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  19. tugar

tugar New Member

Yes, I see that section right there in the review. It's now very clear mate, thanks for your patience!

20. Nice Monkey

It is a pleasure. ;)