Beta version v6.3.40 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 13, 2021.

1. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Thanks, it looks very nice. I am considering going back to zidoo from the dune player because of the dune's very slow software development.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

It displays a logo for each kind of soundtracks in the file? I mean that if you have a mkv with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack, a DTS-HD MA soundtrack and a Dolby Digital soundtrack, it will display the all 3 logos, not the « best one » only?

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

First of all, congratulations for the work done, HT becomes more and more beautiful ...... I did the update and for the first time something strange happened to me, when it finished the display was left with the word "Hello", I turned off with the button on the remote control and it turned off, when I turned it back on there was the 6.3.40 so I think everything went well ...... I saw a little bit the new poster, very very nice but I noticed that several labels they are wrong as someone in this tread has already pointed out .......
    by the way I see that it is still not possible to resolve the wrong information on movies with DTS-HD, for example if it is a 2-channel dts-hd it sees it as 4 channels, if it is a 5.1 it says that it is a 7.1 etc .....
    Thanks

Letmein likes this.
  4. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, thank you for the new FW and the nice upgrades I've seen.
    But during the testing I found out a serious issue with Samba sharing and HT 4 App. I still hadn't time to watch a full movie (MKV container), but once I start a playback and then skip a chapter, after a few seconds the playback crashes and brings back to the "Poster Wall" with audio of the movie going on in background and without droping the HDR mode I was using. The only way to get back to normal use is to switch off the unit. I tested at least 10 movies (all MKVs) and it happens always.
    For your information, the same doesn't happen with Samba sharing and the Media Center App.
    I already did a full factory reset and the issue is still there. Could anyone else test and confirm this issue?

I'm reverting my unit to FW 6.3.30 for the moment :(

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Wow - that's quite serious and I've just tried to replicate this.

I have a mixture of remux MKVs and encoded MKVs (encoded in Staxrip).

I just tried a random selection of titles - I started play for maybe a minute from the start then skipped forward one chapter and no crash. Then I skipped forward a second chapter and again, no crash - I waited a few minutes but since you say it takes a few seconds, I guess that's enough.

Since you've done a factoy reset I can only think something went awry with the update process, but it's a very specific problem so I don't see how that could have happened...

6. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Thank you Mark for trying so quick! I really don't know what to say... this never happened with previous FWs. Before going on with the downgrade I want to try restrarting NAS and router / switch... let's see if anything changes (but I doubt since the playback works fine with Media Center). I'll keep you posted ;)

7. Markswift2003

Yes do - I've seen this problem on odd occasions - movie crashes back to poster wall and sound continues but it was way back at the start of testing DV stuff.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  8. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

So I did some more testing, I think I understood what the issue may be. When I said that with Media Center App everyhting was good, that was not correct, because I was actually accessing another folder, but if I access the "4K HDR" folder the behaviour is the same as in HT4 App. Now my "4K HDR" folder is 72TB big at the moment and I'm afraid this may be the problem. If I access any other smaller folder wihin the NAS or if I move the movies in a smaller folder, then the issue doesn't occur.
    Now I just tried to access the same 72TB folder from my old X9S with FW 2.1.28 and everything works fine!
    This means there's definitely something going on with the Z9X running this latest FW. The strange thing I noticed is that the "zidoo_file.apk" (Media Center) and also the "zidoo_videoplay.apk" (Gallery) haven't changed version since the previous FW. So I don't think they are to blame. Any ideas?

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I'm afraid that's maybe NAS-SMB behaviour while Z9X is handling big movie files as I'm suffering with many slight stops, showing up mostly in heavy audio tracks (DTS, DAtmos...) but not in video tracks.

10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Can anyone confirm that this works as before, so without advancing or rewinding the movie a few seconds when you press one of these buttons just once?

Letmein and JS_racer like this.
  11. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

No no... trust me, I have very big files with Atmos and / or DTS-HD MA that go way over 100 Mbps bitrate and I never had or have stuttering issues. I now just have this problem with this very big folder, but I actually think this may be more of an access issue, than an actual playback one.

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

On my unit it still advances or rewinds just a little bit. So no, it doesn't work as before

13. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

When the network bandwidth is not fast enough, then I've got such issues. It maybe different to yours as my connection is via Wimax.

15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Yes it's different. I don't have network bandwidth issues, since my local network is all gigabit cable LAN

16. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

Same here with mine, also audio delay is still there when resuming from pause.

DaMacFunkin and darkeyes909 like this.
  17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Can this be raised with the devs?

18. Markswift2003

Er - it was fixed but the fix doesn't work for infrared :rolleyes:

It's done with a delay of 200ms but I don't think that's long enough to allow for the IR burst to finish so even if you push the button really quickly the box still thinks the delay has elapsed.

It works fine for RS232 and IP because you can define the length of the message (I usually use 100ms).

Next version the delay will be increased to 500ms.

19. Markswift2003

You're right - if it was a network problem the player wouldn't crash in that way.

20. Markswift2003

Absolutely.