Beta version v6.3.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Aug 20, 2021.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

SMB works best these days.

giangi76 likes this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I don't agree in that it may be the most preferred but on here at least, I've heard nothing that makes SMB the best - if you monitor the issues that people are having or had, they are associated with SMB.

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Of late I have found SMB on the Z9X to be trouble free whereas NFS I have experienced slight pauses occasionally on large files. TBH I thought that was typical of the Z9X but as you say maybe not.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes it does seem some people have no issues with SMB, probably the more tehnically inclined members. But there isn't a week that goes by when someone reports issues. I have used NFS for years and had zero issues. If you google NFS vs SMB (cos even the great man himself can only say in SMB's favour that it's the newer protocol) you will see that for streaming, NFS is the preferred method, although it does lack Encryption.

5. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I only ever used SMB since I bought my first Zidoo 3,5 years ago. Never had any issues, even large files with 70-100 GB run flawless from my Synology.

giangi76 likes this.
  6. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I never had a single issue with SMB, protocol that I've always been using since I had my first Zidoo X8 (then X9S, Z9S and now Z9X). Samba sharing that I configured on several PCs and NAS. I just recently had a little issue with one single folder that was really very big (70TB) and my Z9X was very slow to access, but Zidoo Team figured out the issue and patched it in just a few days. Apart from this, I never had a single problem, no pause, no crash, no stuttering, nothing. My network is a very normal gigabit network with just the operator modem / router and a switch. No technical madness in configuring the Samba sharing: I'm mainly using the Windows 10 Pro basic sharing protocol and that's it!

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'll decline to answer that if you don't mind ;)

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

While playing files over 5-6GB, I've got same issues of many short pauses with Z9X 6.3.35 in NAS-SMB and much more than my Zappiti One 4K HDR. Actually I declined to see movies via NAS-SMB.

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

weird how NAS smb has so many issues

SMB via win 10 pc is where i do 99 perc of my streaming from and unless theres an issue thats popped up after a patch,i get zero stutter issues UNLESS i forget to Complete power off after a new f/w and thats right up to the big 100G file types

there is f/w .40 out for download now btw

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, NAS SMB got bandwidth issues in my case as network connection is via Wimax. No solution until I change to a new antenna.
    BTW updated to v6.3.40 already.

11. Armando Sain

Armando Sain New Member

Last night a new update arrived, got on the poster to recognize the audio itself and put up a logo like it was for everything else, thank you very much because I couldn't re-name 500 films.

12. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

I realized that the nas required me to update the firmware.
    Since I ran the firmware update I no longer have problems with intermittent pause when streaming content with both NFS and SMB