Some new developments

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 26, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hey! I read your post yesterday but had other matters to attend to and deferred replying until now. First up you really need to upgrade to a "G" version of firmware. Not sure what you mean by "FW timing". There's a process to go through to sync to your Playstore Account - there are full instructions on the forum. When I had done this, getting UAPP on my Zidoo was a doddle. If you look at my thread here: - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z1000-pro-–-my-high-definition-audio-experience-so-far.86239/ you will see that I have paired it up with Teamviewer which opens when I switch on my Zidoo and from there I control UAPP via the Zidoo from my Android Tablet. If you are not interested in reading the full whack, jump to post #25. UAPP is definately the way to go.

My thread will get an update soon as I have been struggling to fit my new USB interface card (a Singxer C-1 Xmos Digitale Interface Board XU208 U8 to replace an Amanero Combo 384). But I happened upon a very nice and helpful chap in the Lakes - I am from the UK - who soldered the pins for me and all I need to do now is fit it to my DAC and hopefully, if it works, hear what my Hi-Def stuff sounds like in comparison to the Amanero card. I intend to have a go later today, so an update tomorrow or Tuesday, if you are interested of course.

Edit: Oh here you go regarding the G firmwares, check out this thread: -

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-install-google-playstore.81517/#post-133190 post #4

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  2. toshu

toshu Member

Good morning and thanks for the reply.
    I bought the Z9X specifically to load UAPP and use it via USB through my Topping DX7s
    I got my Z(X about 2 weeks ago and immediately updated the available FW which was the 6.3.35. I did not see the G version via the Update function on it. A few days later I found the G version and put it on a USB stick and tried to update but it would not load.....I later found out that since I had the latest non G FW, I could not load the latest G version....have to wait for a new FW version.
    Being impatient, I and safety conscious, I loaded the UAPP trial version but it doesn't work. Next I found a way to backup my existing copy of it from my phone and loaded it via USB. Once again, I could not get it to play, although I was able to scan my 4TB HDD....finally I wrote my post above.

I have been using UAPP for about 2-3 years on a Tanix X8 android TV box through the Tanix into my Anthem receiver (previously B&K) and JMlab speakers. I loved it but the Tanix keeps freezing up now, and my its too complicated for SWMBO to use.....hence the Z9X purchase.

BTW, since my experience with the Tanix, which initially worked great, slowing down and freezing after a few songs, I am wondering how many apps besides UAPP you have loaded and if you have seen any slowdown or buffering problems???
    In the meantime, I will read through your thread in detail and unless someone comes up with a different suggestion, will have to wait until a new firmware version is released.
    Regards

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh - now I understand what you meant by "FW timing". I thought you could install a "G" firmware over the same numbered "non-G" firmware, I am sure I did this on an early firmware on my Z1000 Pro. Things might have changed now though and better to be safe than sorry. Just in case you are not aware, you do not extract the .zip file, just transfer it to USB stick and the Zidoo will see it - extracting does not work.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    toshu likes this.
  4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Can we expect a version for the iPads (with landscape mode) one day or another? :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021