ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I bet that's found its way to someone's house by now ;)

DaMacFunkin likes this.
  2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Resolved it. will release a new version next week.

blenky, Whitfield, dr4go and 6 others like this.
  3. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

@Reset_9999 Since you have excellent knowledge and the same panel as me, are you using TV led DV or player led LLDV on the Z9X with your C8? What is better in your opinion, I can’t decide.

4. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

Hi,
    you should use TV-led. There is a bug with LLDV implementation on all the players. see this post

Awesome!!!! Can't wait :D
    Will you also remove the bt2020 flag from the TV-LED signal in that update ? thank you for the quick fix though.

dr4go and Franconian like this.
  5. Markswift2003

Just to confirm the raised black bar level has been fixed - firmware should be public next week..

dr4go, Sledgehamma, xskip and 2 others like this.
  6. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

Great thank you. Do you know if that update removes the bt2020 flag from the tv-led signal?

7. Markswift2003

No, I'm afraid the latest version I have it still reports BT.2020.

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Will that resolve my long standing issues watching 4K on a 1080p Monitor or ……..

9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Let’s wait and see..
    But this new fw seems VERY promises :rolleyes:
    Can’t wait

DELUCAS likes this.
  10. DELUCAS

If it does be a very happy person and the new H.T.4 scanning :)

11. Markswift2003

If you mean the VS10 HDR/SDR black level issue, then sadly no.

12. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

@ Markswift2003
    Strangely, I have some MKV files(not all of them) that the DTS-HD passthrough won't work. I only get the DTS core playback.
    The same files work perfectly fine on my Shield, my HTPC, and my Sony x700.

Even stranger, if I make a small sample of the file, then DTS-HD passthrough works.
    Do you have fast internet? maybe I can send you the whole file(18gb) via PM ?

13. DELUCAS

Damm :(

14. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

Ok, I know what's causing the issue. (sorry if it's an already known issue)
    If the file contains other audio tracks then the DTS-HD(or DTS:X) lossless audio passthrough doesnt work, you only get the DTS core.
    on playback, if you switch to the 2nd audio and switch back to the DTS-HD track then, the lossless audio is working again.

sample to replicate the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14cAANAX3MPuj-ne6QJvG2vj2vPx2Y2-F/view?usp=sharing

15. Markswift2003

Ah - I seem to remember reporting something similar a while back that @pcristi put me on to..

I'd forgotten about it and as I only ever have one audio track in my remuxes, it's not something I've noticed.

I assume this is only with MKV - just tested a DTS-HD Full Bluray rip (obviously multiple soundtracks) and that played the primary stream ok.

I'll upload that file to the Zidoo ftp and send a message...

16. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

thank's
    yeah, only tried with mkv files.

17. Markswift2003

Submitted - let's see what happens..

18. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@Markswift2003
    Yes same bug reported here, when DTS-HD is first track and other audio foreign language is set default.

19. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Last night I noticed something odd in the Z9X SMB list. It seems a SMB share has been added named "Audio". Opening it, it shows the content of a shared folder with the name "Audio" that is on my old Synology DS416J NAS. This machine itself is in the SMB list as "DS416J".
    Checking PC and other players in my house, the Z9X seems the only device showing this SMB share added.

Resetting the Z9X and cutting off its power for a few minutes didn't help.
    Also I couldn't find anything strange in the NAS settings. I initially thought it had maybe something to do with the "Audio Station", but this package isn't even installed.

Would anybody know what's going on?
    FYI, both the Z9X and the DS416J have recently been updated, but I couldn't tell if the added share wasn't there earlier.

Z9X on latest 6.3.40
    NAS on DSM 7.0

20. Markswift2003

The SMB list shows either SMB clients or SMB shares that have previously been opened. The Audio must be defined as a Share in the NAS setup and must have been accessed directly at some point previously.

If you want to get rid of it, highlight it, click "Right" and select "Logoff"