Beta version v6.3.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Aug 20, 2021.

1. rola

rola Member

Keyboard doesnt show despite its marked in settings. Did show on firmware .25 (or was it .22), not with firmware .30 or .35

2. Gary O'Leary-Steele

Gary O'Leary-Steele New Member

Hi,

I'm a new Zidoo user and only had the box (UHD3000) for a few months, i've updated to the latest beta each time and there's been 2 or 3 updates in the short period i've had it. One thing i've noticed recently is my box is going into standby when not in use, this seems to be different than when i first got it since it would stay on. I have it in a rack and control it via IP using Control4, if it goes into standby i need to go and use the remote to switch it on in a different room. Ideally i'd like it to stay on until i can get an IR bud attached to it for power on/off

Wondered if anyone else had seen this with the recent firmware? I may also have a hardware issue since it hard locked up recently, display on the front frozen and needing a power cycle to get back. Difficult to know since I don't have a long use history to refer back to, it seems the standby thing started happening in version 6.5.30 for me, providing its not a hw issue that is.

Thanks

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I have a Z9X and my test box is on 24/7 - I'm not aware of an auto standby function on any of the boxes.

I use RS232 via Crestron which gives the most robust control and that has discrete on/off so I wonder if you can use that with Control4.

If not, these boxes can be woken up with a magic packet (WOL) which I'm sure you can program with Control4 - the ethernet port stays on at 10 base-T (waiting for magic packets only) when in power off.

Gary O'Leary-Steele likes this.
  4. burton

burton Member

I just placed my order for a z9x.I would like to ask the community which is the most stable firmware version that i must use.
    Thank you

5. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

As far as I can see firmware for niche devices such as this are not stable by nature. Software development is complex. There is no difference in the inherent stability of regular or beta firmware. Just go with whatever you think is best for you based on feature set and known issues that have been reported.

xskip and Markswift2003 like this.
  6. Markswift2003

Well put.

7. muha

muha Active Member

I experience development of entire WD TV line of products, and it is like you said. Best part is to build solid/sturdy machine. My WD Hub and Live are still working.

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

still got 3 WDtv live or earlier here too
    live had a nice feature last time i looked ... could play my x265 tv epis etc via plex server on my pc

Was always a shame WD didnt get in to the 4k tv boxes, tbh they were one of the best media players around for many yrs , and supper simple to access media from sharing on the netowrk

muha likes this.
  9. muha

muha Active Member

That was transcoded by Plex :) Unfortunately Marketing took over WDC.

10. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

This has happened to me once, I have a UHD3000. Zidoo doesn’t have a standby function, more the pity. With mine when I walked into the living room I noticed the red power light was on but the time was still showing. I don’t remember if it was just frozen or keeping current time. Remote didn’t work so I had to power off from the mains switch on the back of the unit, Waited 5 minutes or so then powered on and booted up, so far no repeats. I’ve updated to all available. If we had a genuine standby leaving access to any internal hdd via network would be a real plus IMO just like every other media box I’ve owned.

11. LLLEFTERIS

LLLEFTERIS New Member

I put the VLC application and the movies that I did not have a picture but only sound play normally so the problem is in HT 4 I have 3.6.35

12. Markswift2003

Press and hold the power button to choose power off or standby. Doesn't give you network access but it means a quick start:

Screenshot_20210904-111215.png

Netmask likes this.
  13. Gary O'Leary-Steele

Mmm, not sure what’s happening to mine then, knowing how cinema equipment seems to hate me it’ll probably be a hw fault :(

When I first got it I left it powered on, now every time I go back to it it’s powered down (red light no time on front display). I guess there could be a conflict where the IR command for power off is shared with something else in the rack, power on is the same as Zappiti. Haven’t had chance to use it much recently so don’t know if it does it while in use.

Anyone know if there’s a log anywhere that shows crash events etc? I guess rooting it then using a shell to look at dmesg might be possible but probably not easy

14. Markswift2003

I don't think it's a crash, more likely to be an IR conflict - try sticking some electricians black tape over the IR sensor on the front - I'm not sure where in the window it is on that box, but if it's not obvious, shine a torch into it.

Or just stick a bucket over it ;)

If it's any help to compare to other devices, it uses NEC1 protocol - Device 64, Sub-Device 64.

Power Command is:

0000 006C 0000 0026 0157 00AB 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 003F 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 003F 0016 0016 0016 003F 0016 0016 0016 003F 0016 003F 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 003F 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 003F 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 003F 0016 003F 0016 0016 0016 003F 0016 06DE 0157 0054 0016 0E58 0157 0054 0016 0ED8

dr4go and Gary O'Leary-Steele like this.
  15. Gary O'Leary-Steele

Thanks, I’ll see if I can figure it out. There is a possibility it’s something to do with control4 too, I don’t think I had a problem until I put in the driver for it, I suppose unplugging the network cable will help answer that one.

16. Markswift2003

Yep - process of elimination.

The problem with IR is that there is only a <power> command and no discrete on/off. It's the same with IP - there are discrete on/off codes, but since the ethernet card effectively turns off to standard traffic, the <on> command never works and you have to use WOL.

That's one of the reasons I use RS232 - discrete codes - so it's the only 100% reliable way of integrating into a control system.

17. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I am having issues with my 4K mkv movies. At about half the movie all of these files will start to freeze. They freeze, then couple of frames play, then freeze, then few frames and this goes on. I tried rewind, forward, chapter forward, rewind, stop, restart, shut down the system and restart the system but nothing helps. All my backed up 4k movies works fine without any issues. It is just mkv ones. I have Z10 Pro with two 5tb WD Black external attached to USB 3.0. I am not sure what can I do to get this issue resolved. And this is happening since the time I bought the player, about 7-8 months earlier and always updated the firmware as soon as these are available.

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Try remuxing with the latest version of MKVToolNix and see if that fixes it. Often works and if there are any errors they should show up in the errors window.

blenky likes this.
  19. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I ripped these with 'MAKEMKV'. Do you think it could be the problem

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

as long as its latest makemkv there should be no issues
    Everyone else is pretty much using same s/w

Remove one of the 5 tb hdds ...see how it plays with just one connected

Stop restart system but disconnect power plug too? or turn off with switch at back to lose all voltage to system ...... ie lots find after each new F/w from likev .60 on , weve had to do a full power down for 30 secs or so , or we can get stutter issues

Have you run through ALL the recommended settings as per the hotlinked thread at very start of the forum for these models ?

MKV is super stable on these machines usually

Bill-Z9X likes this.