problem Stop the movie or series Dolby Vision

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by AbuSarah, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Well does it freeze? Does it crash the box? Does it stop and return to HT4? Does it stop and return to Media Center? Does it stop and return to the home screen? Is this network playback or local playback?

2. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

using HT4 only
    It just freezes and stops instantly. and take me back to ht4

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Playback on a wired gigabit network with Nas Qnap TS-431-P2 via samba, it crashes then somehow you can get it started again, yesterday for example I pressed stop and then I went back to the point where it got stuck and it didn't get stuck on that point, however, continuing to play it kept freezing on other points .....
    Thanks

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Ok, I just played Your Honor S01E01 from start to finish with no problems.

This is the same DV file you specified, played back over gigabit network from a Western digital NAS drive using SMB through 4 managed switches (and it's a busy network).

5. Markswift2003

Trying Gemini Man now...

6. Markswift2003

And does it take you back to the poster details page as if "stop" had been pressed or the home screen of HT4?

7. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

yes
    drive 8tb usingSMB

You have to test by watching it in its entirety without speeding up the movie or progressing
    2160p

8. Markswift2003

Ok - I don't have Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard but I'll leave Gemini Man running now and see what happens...

9. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

Okay. I will record a video while watching any movie. If something happens, I will upload the video for you

thank you

10. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I watched this movies from a USB Hard drive directly connected to the USB port. I watched them out of the media center (I don't had these movies added to my collection in Ht4). And the Picture only freezed, that's all. I'm on the latest beta firmware (z9x). I do some testing this evening with the godzilla vs Kong movie. I watch out for this bug and report it tomorrow in this thread

11. Markswift2003

Gemini Man played through to end credits...

12. Markswift2003

LOTR The Fellowship of the Rings Part 1 played all the way through too.

Trying a couple of others now...

13. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I don't had any problems with godzilla vs Kong, that's strange

14. Markswift2003

I've run through 3 DV movies and all have been fine, so other than dodgy files or local setup issues, I'm at a loss to figure out what's going on here.

15. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I noticed that maybe DV files have higher bitrates than HDR and if by chance in certain scenes the bitrate goes beyond 100mb there are these freezes, mine is a gigabit wired network but I believe that from Nas it does not go beyond 100mb , I also see it when I transfer files from pc to nas, at most it transfers at 90mb / s so I wanted to ask if there is a way to solve this problem maybe by inserting a switch, my Nas are Qnap TS-431P2 and TS-431P3
    Thanks

16. Markswift2003

I can play the 400Mb/s Jellyfish files over my network with the Zidoo with no stuttering or issues, so unless there's a network issue, bandwidth won't come into it. Certainly there is no bandwidth premium for Dolby Vision per se.

Don't get confused between Megabits and Megabytes. A Gigabit network is theoretically 1000Mb/s but it never really is.

Your transfer speed will be 90MB/s which is 720Mb/s not including overhead, which is very respectable for a gigabit network.

17. Markswift2003

I've had DV files playing all day today, a lot of them peaking over 100Mb/s and not had any playback issues at all...

I know it's a bit infuriating, but I just can't replicate this.

18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

In my case, I use an internal HDD and a DAS Qnap plugged in one of the USB 3.0 ports, so not a pb of bandwidth.

19. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Just watched Tot.Rec.1990 with DV, from internal HDD, played from start to finisch without issues

04.09.21 still seen a movie with DV, no problems

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi all,
    During this week I've been watching to at least 3 movies with DV (from NAS with Samba sharing) and they all played fine from start to finish (FW 6.3.35).