Crowdsourcing translation project for ZIDOO Media player need your help[22 Mar test version update]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 17, 2021.

1. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Thanks for the information! But how could I add the modified language .xml file. It is possible to do this. Because I would add the language xml file. But how!!! Write please. thanks

2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Is the project dead? New firmware (6.3.30) and still no implementation of the new translations for the Quick Settings, no update for HT translation, now new strings added to transifex for the last evolutions of the firmware. We spended a lot of time on this. :(

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  3. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Well, I don't even understand what happens, why they started the translation project, if they're shit about having a fresh translation date, why were they translated 2 weeks earlier, even if they ask someone to join me in the translation project. This is going to die very quickly! It would be a shame.

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will update the app once a week

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Thanks! :)

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I don't know where we are with this. I did contribute to English (UK) some months back but don't know if my suggestions ever made the cut.

However my language setting for my Z9X is English (UK) and the Quick Settings menus have got some very odd translations. I have attached 12 screen shots that highlight incorrect wording that I hope can get updated at some point.

The common issues are:

1. Should not use the word 'shutdown'. Should be 'off' or 'disabled'
    2. The common prompt giving you 15 seconds to accept a change is badly mangled. The countdown seconds are in the wrong place and the choice of 'determine' should be 'OK'
    3. Under HDR the description to use Dolby Vision all the time should be amended - 'globally effective' is a clumsy phrase.
    4. In 'Other Settings' the last selection is 'On'? Should this be 'About'?

Attached Files:

Mabon likes this.
  7. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

There are 15 new strings to translate in the Quick Settings project:

Strings 304, 307, 308, 309, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504 and 505.

• The Strings 304, 307, 308 and 309 are about the new functions with the info button of the remote.

• The strings 498 to 505 are the old ones from the "Array.xml" that have been merged with the main document. You will have to translate all of them again.

• I am not sure of what we are talking about for the strings 496 and 497. Long press on the OK button of the remote?

About Home Theater 4.0, still a couple of new strings to be added to the project (hide info on details page and Rotten Tomatoes score)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  8. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Finally, the Chinese looked at the Transifex site and put the fresh language file on 4.0.96 HT 4.0. Maybe I'll look back at the transifex page to see if it can be further refined. All I have to do is join the "SETTINGS" team to translate it into Hungarian. But I still didn't get access. Or I asked 2 months ago but still nothing. I need a little help: my name is feherzaj51 on the site and I would translate Hungarian.

9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

After a test of Home Theater v4.0.96 to check the last translation available (Thanks to McBluna’s website), and a last round this WE to finalize the french version of HT, I think that I have finished. « display rating tomatoes » and « show path in details page » strings are still missing but nothing that I can do for it so far.

I would like to focus on Quick Settings now but we really need a newer version of the translated app (included in the next firmware or not).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  10. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

I changed the Hungarian translation to 4.0.96 and I wonder if the Chinese are still looking at Transifex for the weekly update? I am satisfied with the Hungarian HT4.0 translation. But the Quick Settings will never be Hungarian because I don't get an invitation to the Hungarian translation. Can I write a request to be the problem? They are waiting for the translator who I am! I'm just guessing why they won't let me in.

11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

All the translators gave up the translation project? I am the only one to have completed the new strings. :D

However, no update for the translations of Quick Settings in the last firmware. I don’t know how it is for the other languages but french is terrible for this part of the Zidoo with the old translation used for now. o_O

?

12. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Simply Chinese shit that 3 months ago I asked for the Hungarian language "Media player settings" to translate. Who the hell do I need to contact to get permission on Transifex site?

13. Ymlik

Ymlik New Member

Hello0 @mirror,

the link for zidoo_settings is broken. Could you hand it back please?

Thank you

14. mirror

Sorry about that. solved it.

15. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

hello mirror can you please open danish in the zidoo settings so i can translate it

16. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Thank you very much for the updates, that will help a lot to finalize my translations, especially the quick settings (I am very close now).

17. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

I'm glad you watched Zidoo tech again. Now I'm just running through it all but I think it's done!
    @mirror! Please open "Quick Settings" for me to translate into Hungarian. Thank you in advance for your help. I hope it goes well! I've been waiting for this for a long time!

18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

« Show path in details page » and « Display rating tomatoes » strings are still missing in the HT translation.

19. mirror

Done

20. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

@mirror! Please open "Zidoo Settings" for me to translate into Hungarian. Thank you.