Ask about the audio output of dts-hd master audio 5.1ch movies

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by BK.HAN, Aug 24, 2021.

1. BK.HAN

BK.HAN New Member

1. Players and Sound
    - Player: z9x (audio setting hdmi: raw, pass-through)
    - Soundbar: LG SK10Y (dts-hd master audio not supported)
    2. Problems
    - dts-hd master audio 5.1ch When playing movies z9x to dts-hd 7.1ch
    It plays and makes no sound.
    - Dts is downmixed when other players are playing.
    3. Questions
    - How can I auto-downmix on x9z?
    (Forced downmixing, atmos is also downmixed and outputted.)
    - Can I change it to firmware?

2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Did you try enable Downmix HD Audio output?
    Capture.PNG

muha likes this.
  3. BK.HAN

BK.HAN New Member

Thank you, but if you set it up like that, the Atmos sound will also be downmixed. I hope that only dts-hd master audio 5.1ch sound will be automatically downmixed.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Unfortunately the Zidoos allow DTS-HD passthrough even if the EDID does not specify DTS-HD.

So in your case, the Zidoo is playing DTS-HD which your soundbar does not understand even though the EDID tells it not to.

I was told this would be fixed back in June, but it would seem not.

5. BK.HAN

BK.HAN New Member

I see. Thank you for the good information. I hope it can be modified in other firmware patches.

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Some EDID does specify DTS-HD but cant do it. Some EDID only specify DTS but can do DTS-HD. so....

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think the Zidoo should honour EDID correctly, after all that's why we have EDID - to tell the source what it supports and what it does not support.

If the display/amp/soundbar etc does not present a correct EDID that is a problem with that device and not the Zidoo, but in any case we have the most powerful tool because we can import a custom EDID but that doesn't work if the Zidoo does not honour EDID correctly.

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Zidoo is showing a power handler for connecting info and creating a valid EDID. Then let's developers to work harder/deeper in this line.