Problems with Z10 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Guido, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Guido

Guido New Member

Hi, I am an italian customer and this is my first post, so, sorry for my sure mistakes.
    I bought a few days ago Zidoo Z10 Pro.
    1- Immediately I see that the front display doesn't work. Do i have to insert a battery inside? Is it a CR 1220 model?
    2- Unfortunately I noticed that it does not read all video formats and this is a problem for me because I have many. How can this be solved?
    3- Using "home theater 4.0" with the Italian language set, I can't get information about the films in Italian, he always gives them to me in English. How can I do?
    4- I initially had an A410 popcornhour where each movie had cover art, fanart and info. Now browsing in the "media folder" I can't see the previews in the file list as with the previous player, is it possible to see the previews? Now I see the list with:
    ES "ABC" film title:
    ABC.avi
    ABC.jpg
    ABC.fanart.jpg
    ABC.info

Thanks in advance to everyone who can help me and sorry for any mistakes.
    Guido

2. muha

muha Active Member

1. Front display is off in Power Off and Standby mode.
    2. Write down containers and codecs that it didn't recognize or play.
    3. In HT settings you can chose in which language should info be scrapped.
    4. HT saves files in separate folder. you can chose to export all nfo/pic files in original folders (it says for Kodi) in settings.

3. Guido

Guido New Member

1- The display doesn't work with the Z10 PRO is ON. I have seen and read in various tutorials that sometimes the battery is missing in the motherboard for import reasons. I have not opened the z10 to see why it is still under warranty, so I don't know if there is a battery or not...
    3- The info is in italian only setting the english language in HT e the italian language in the general setting...
    With regard to the answer for the question n.2 the are too many format that it can't recognize and too many films to analyze, so I can't write all. I am sure that they are old formats.
    With regard to the answer for the question n.4 I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

No relation between the battery and the front display panel. In the quick settings, check in Other, front display panel, brightness setting. Choose dark or light, the close option turn off the front display. If it’s not from where the pb comes from, maybe a defective unit.

For the language, 2 settings about this: in Quick Settings for the main Gui and in the Home Theater 4.0 settings for the posters and info language. Few months ago, there was a bug about the language: if you used english for the main GUI and another language in HT, the second one was replaced automatically by english after a clean data or a restart. Maybe something like that if you use an old firmware. Install the firmware v.6.3.30 for your Z10 Pro (beta but very stable and by the way all firmwares are beta, including the supposed and unique « stable » version)

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...z9x-z10-pro-z1000-pro-uhd3000-released.90165/

For the divx, don’t expect anything about that… A question of licence for Realtek

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  5. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

My Z10 pro also doesn't have a battery on board, but the display works fine.
    What file formats are not played? You wrote that a lot. Give some examples. I haven't met - I don't have files that Zidoo wouldn't play.

6. Guido

Guido New Member

1- I think I will be replaced under warranty for the display issue.

2- For the rest of the video files that it doesn't read as soon as I can (I don't know how long it will take with the return and exchange) I try to post some formats, but I Think that the one solution is to change the format of that videos.

3- For the language of HT I have already done the update, but I have not solved it, I see the plots in Italian only for some films and only by setting Italian in the "general" and English in HT.

7. Guido

Guido New Member

Can you explain it to me in a different or simpler way, maybe step by step? Thanks.

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

1. Yes, the better thing to do if it doesn’t work.

3. You can try a restore factory. When done, turn it off again and unplug the power supply for few seconds.

9. muha

muha Active Member

Will do tomorrow evening with photos, right now I am away from home. Last days of summer break.

10. Guido

Guido New Member

Hi, in the following file "Example" some of the data of the video that Z10 Pro can't read.
    Let me know.

Attached Files:

11. muha

muha Active Member

As member @Inikad already said "divx" are no go. It is nice to see created by VirtualDubMod :)
    Look, download SHANAencoder and convert all divx/xvid files into h264/5, since all of them are SD resolution it will be done in no time.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  12. muha

muha Active Member

First snapshot is the snapshot of hidden folder .HomeTheatre on root and it contains all nfo/pic files that HT use.
    [​IMG]
    Second is how you would like them to be.
    [​IMG]
    and to achieve that go to HT settings and click on highlighted export button
    [​IMG]
    I would recommend reading @Markswift2003 thread http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/ to get familiar with Z10 Pro.

13. Guido

Guido New Member

Hi. I have tried the program, but the converting time for 1 avi video is 2 hour!

14. Guido

Guido New Member

as for the other explanation, i will try when i get replacement z10, because i did change it for the display problem. thanks in the meantime.

15. muha

muha Active Member

Man on my nearly 15 years old computer it still process faster than that. Try playing with settings.

16. Guido

Guido New Member

Hi, sorry tell me "faster" what it means.

17. muha

muha Active Member

I no longer have PC at home, just at studio, so in a few days I will send you settings that should be encoding "faster".

18. Guido

Guido New Member

thank you, you're really kind

19. muha

muha Active Member

You can encode multiple files, just leave your pc/laptop to do the work over night. 01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

20. Guido

Guido New Member

Many thanks. I am waiting for the zidoo.