Beta version v6.3.26 for Z9X released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 30, 2021.

1. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

You should update

2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I will have to wait the Z10 Pro version of this firmware. But Nicholas seems to be saying that is the same with this version.

I will test it when available. :)

3. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Ok, but at the moment your experience is of no help in this thread. The FW has been upgraded for Z9X units, so only people actually running FW 6.3.26 should report issues, otherwise it gets very confusing... I hope you agree :)

4. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I launched the BD 4K ISO of "Luca" with BD Menu playback. First time all good: I managed to navigate the menu and settings and then launch playback. The second time I tried to launch the Menu I got stock on the intro screen and there's no way I could get the actual disc Menu to come up (I had to Exit and get back to the main screen of Zidoo).
    The only way I got the Menu to work properly again is by going to the BlurayNavigation App (in advanced settings) and clearing storage and cache. But then again if I try to launch the Menu a second time I need to clear the App again.

Another thing related to BD ISO playback ...I have the Zidoo display set to show remaing time of a movie, and with BD Menu Navigation once I start a playback the display shows the actual timing of the movie and a double click of the "Info" button doesn't bring up the "Simple Informations" anymore. If I instead playback the BD ISO directly (without Menu) all works as expected.

Are these "new" issues or something already noticed with previous FWs?

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If I pause and then click the OK button the video just starts playing again.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Needing to clear storage for correct processing is an interesting find. I hope they can do something with that.
    The time display choice applies to playback without menu only. Always been like that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Ok, good to know! I just then never noticed before ;)

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Using the ok button to pause/unpause.

The pause and ok buttons have always acted differently by design - one just pauses, the other pauses with info (if the option is ticked!).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  9. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost ark 3:04 - 3:50 into the movie is a good spot.

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Ah got it. I was pausing using pause key and then pressing OK key. Never knew that the OK key would also pause - nice one thanks.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Frame rate switch still doesn't work if movie started from menu.

20210801_082938.png

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I just watched the first 10 minutes (so also the spot you mentioned) and I have absolutely no issue: no green flash, no flickering, no color glitch. My Z9X is set to playback DV Player Led and with VS10 processing (only for DV content)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  13. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I just tried with both a BD and a BD 4K ISO (launching BD Navigation) and I don't have this issue with my unit. Frame rate is synched correctly. The only difference from your settings is that I let the Z9X do the upscaling (this means I always output at 3840 x 2160p)

14. Superdog

Superdog Member

Online trailers sames work again.

15. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Didn't say there was a color glitch or green flash so........ What I said is there was really faint flickering! It wasn't there when I watched the trilogy 1.5 months ago and it's not my tv cause my Nvidia Shield plays it fine.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  16. Valkyrie2407

Valkyrie2407 New Member

Indeed surprisingly online trailers is working again. Thank you.

17. Markswift2003

Confirmed.

Not in all cases, but I have a 2K BDMV 1080p23 that plays back at 24Hz.

18. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

It happens every time the menu frame rate differs from the movie frame rate. And that's quite often. Zidoo player just keeps the menu frame rate.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  19. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Menu playback works with the Dune players, JFTR.

20. Markswift2003

Presumably for BDMV and ISO?