Trailers not working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rola, May 20, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Youtube and similar organizations want us to show a lot of things on the web but with access to the source asking for it with big data collection etc. They also like us to get a decent amount of advertising with it.

Backdoor access via an API or scripting is not really popular/stimulated. That is what I am talking about: There is not such a thing like a free lunch.

2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Why not just use TMDB trailers?

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I've been downloading trailers slowly and popping them in the folder with the movie. Most of them are tiny in size.

Mabon likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A little while ago I decided to download trailers for my entire library - took about 2 days on and off but now I have just one trailer of my choosing per movie, 90% in HD (only the older stuff not) and of course all working perfectly.

Well worth the effort and not susceptible to the vagaries of the internet.

Mabon and thaworn R like this.
  5. Markswift2003

Licencing.

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

TMDB trailers are YouTube trailers and play like embed YouTube on TMDB site.
    TMDB get-movie-details look on API maybe I missed something.
    Zidoo use YouTube API v3 to get all YouTube trailers then play as playlist on Zidoo player.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  7. Markswift2003

Sorry - I misread that as IMDB

8. Markswift2003

Not sure what you're trying to do there - the reason you use suffixes is to add media badges in HT4, nothing to do with default tracks.

I don't bother with Media Badges at all, so all my movies are like My Latest Movie (1999).mkv and My Latest Movie (1999)-trailer.mkv anyway.

Also I believe work is underway to allow media identification with MediaInfo at scraping which will hopefully eradicate the need for file suffixes. I'm not 100% sure on that one though...

9. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Trailers are nice to have, but I definitely am not going to spend my free time downloading all of them and putting them in my movie folders manually... for me it is simply a nice feature to have when deciding what to watch with other people. Curious though, why do the trailers work fine on the ZDMC then? And I assume Zidoo is currently attempting to fix the problem?

UPDATE: Looks like there was a post dated 6-19-21 that new beta firmware just recently released for the Z9s with a mention of fixing trailers that aren't working! I will download and see what how it does...

2nd Update: Latest Beta firmware contains the same HT 4.0.69 which I had already downloaded and makes no difference with trailers not playing...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  10. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I’ve decided I can live without a visual display of the elements of the movie so I’m not renaming any of them ie Blue Murder.MKV. Hopefully one day Zidoo will detect this info from the file just like most other players.
    Renaming causes too many problems for other media players in my household. If I really want to know I can press ok during playback :)

11. Valkyrie2407

Valkyrie2407 New Member

Is there any specific format for the trailer? so far i didn't have much luck with trailer. Tested mkv and mov format both not working as well thus given up.

12. Markswift2003

MKV works fine - I use MKV and MP4 (most trailers can be downloaded in MP4). Never tried MOV but I assume that would work too.

I download from here:

https://www.traileraddict.com/

and here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeR7qki1ikig6q4HwvP6dTg/search?query=return+of+the+jedi

For Trailer Addict I use the "Save Video As" plugin in Chrome and I use JDownloader for YouTube.

Just make sure the trailer filename is in the format MovieFileName.trailer.mp4 (or mkv etc)

So if the filename is Zombieland.mkv, the trailer must be named like Zombieland.trailer.mkv

If it's Zombieland.TrueHDAtmos.4K.mkv, the trailer must be like Zombieland.TrueHDAtmos.4K.trailer.mp4

13. Valkyrie2407

Valkyrie2407 New Member

Thank you. I have done everything but still trailer not loading. Using ver 6.3.12. Guess this is not for me.

14. Markswift2003

It should be fine - can you send me an example of a trailer you're using by PM (use Mega.nz)

And if you can tell me the exact filename of one of your movies, I'll send you a trailer that I know works.

15. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

It works fine for me. I prefer to use mp4 trailers because they can be handled easily such as renaming, adding the word "trailer" to the files, just one click.

16. Markswift2003

No, as long as the word trailer is in there, the delimiter doesn't matter.

Mabon likes this.
  17. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. RIKO14

RIKO14 New Member

Hello,
    I decided to download all the trailers of my films (> 400 films).
    I download the trailers on:
    - https://www.traileraddict.com/
    - https://www.freemake.com/fr/free_video_downloader/ for the trailers on youtuve but I have a problem with the latter: I cannot download
    some trailers found on youtube.
    I tried with the "4K video downloader" software but it's the same I can't download some trailers (because they would be protected).
    which software or internet link can I recommend so as not to have any problem downloading all the trailers on youtubes

Some examples of trailers that I can't download:
    -
    -

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  19. paresh

paresh Member

@RIKO14 Try downloading it with Internet Download Manager v6.39 Build 2 (you may need to buy this app but it is not very expensive), if possible. This download manager rarely fails. Also, you'll need to integrate this download manager into your which ever browser you use. Hope this helps.

20. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mark,

I'm trying to do the same as you for the trailers but it seems I didn't understand everything.

Here is an example of what I have in a folder

[​IMG]

And my settings in preference.

https://i.ibb.co/FJ6rZb8/Screenshot-20210731-075054-copy.png

The download link of my MP4 file (trailer)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1Nz_d9U1OkZkptCCWgU16wkjbFvKVSF/view?usp=sharing

What is my mistake?

---------

Can you tell me what point 6. support trailer folder of FW 3.26 corresponds to?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021