Zidoo X9s password

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by nick, Jul 24, 2021.

1. nick

nick New Member

Hi I very much hope someone could possibly help with my Zidoo X9s not used it for about a year due to ill health I have recently connected my X9s back up turned it on and get a blank screen then with the time and date but that's it then I have to scroll up then I'm confronted with a long white line with a flashing symbol and I have worked out its asking for a password but I have never used a password for my X9s to get to the home screen and it seems im totally locked out of my x9s I have tried different things like 1234 or 0000 but to no avail and wondered if anyone on here could possibly help or give me some advice anything is worth a try but im stuck so any help or advice would be very much appreciated and I would be very grateful

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Without seeing a screenshot of this, I can't be sure, but this sounds very much like the boot process isn't completing properly. As far as I know there's no reason for a Zidoo box to ask for a password on boot.

Also your description of seeing a blank screen and then time/date makes no sense for the standard boot process - perhaps a couple of pics of this might help.

Since you're seemingly unable to boot into the Zidoo interface, the only piece of advice at this stage would be a full reflash of original firmware, but you have to be aware this is not without risk and the instructions need to be followed to the letter - pay particular attention to formatting the USB drive to FAT32 and renaming the image.

You say you have the X9S but have posted in the Z9S forum, so here's links to both:

X9S:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/7WjcmduqUFZKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Z9S:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/ua1h3YuLrJzeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html

3. bebehauser

bebehauser New Member

Thanks very much for that information.

4. nick

nick New Member

Hi Mark thank you very much for responding I know it has been a while for me to respond but I have been in hospital having spinal surgery and I have not been about to reply as been recovering in hospital and recovering at home and I'm not still fully recovered as yet but fingers crossed it has worked but will not know for a couple more months anyway sorry for the long message but when I am able to I will put up a couple of pictures for you to see and yes it is the Zidoo X9S again thank you and I very much appreciate your help

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Hey Nick - wow! No worries - I think we can forgive your absence ;)

But yeah, when you're ready, post a pic - quote this message when you reply so I definitely see it..