Problem with Riitek Mini i8+ bluetooth keyboard

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Robjmm, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Robjmm

Robjmm New Member

Hello, I just got a ZIDOO X6 Pro with a keyboard Riitek Mini i8+ bluetooth.
    The recognition of the keyboard by the X6 was immediate.
    Scrolling with the arrows is OK.
    What gives many problems is the selection button (OK): in the sense that by clicking on an app, for example, the effect is obtained to select the one of the left or that of a double click.
    I have followed the manufacturer's recommendations to charge the keyboard battery to the maximum, and tried all possible settings on the TV box but without finding the solution.
    If I connect the keyboard to my other devices (computers, tablets, etc.) however, everything works fine.
    My firmware is 1.0.39
    How can I fix the problem?
    Thanks.

Updating: Better reading on the internet I realized I had the problem described here here and here, which has not yet been resolved.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. Robjmm

Robjmm New Member

The problem is: "When using Arrow Keys on keyboard to navigate when you press Enter/OK to select an item, Zidoo Explorer is updating (reading) position of the Mouse Cursor and using this as the "item for selection". Even if Mouse Cursor is off or blank, the last mouse cursor position is being used for selection".
    I read that the problem also affects other keyboards.
    I installed the 1.0.40 firmware but this did not solve the problem.
    I chose Zidoo because of the your continuous support and updates.
    Dear developers, Can you help ;)? Thus the keyboard is unusable :(.

3. Syaoran

Syaoran New Member

Use the OK button in the center of the top right D-Pad.

4. Robjmm

Robjmm New Member

Thank's Syaoran, but the OK button is exactly what gives the problem. I tried the keyboard Vigica MX 3 of my friend and everything works, also the OK button. So it's an incompatibility of Rii 8+ keyboard with X6 Pro.

5. Syaoran

Syaoran New Member

I have the WiFi version of the keyboard and it works fine. I was going to pick up the Bluetooth version but no where around here had it in stock. Have you tried your keyboard on another device to make sure you didn't get a defective one?

6. Robjmm

Robjmm New Member

Yes, it works fine on PC and on tablet with OS Android.

7. Mostrillo Perfido

Mostrillo Perfido New Member

I have the same problem with the same keyboard (bluetooth), even with firmware v. 1.0.42.
    The same keyboard is working fine on my Zidoo X9S.