Beta version v6.3.12 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 Discussion

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 16, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Yes it's the same for me

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The only way to have Dolby Vision in the menu is for HDR to be set to "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For all content)" if you have a TV Led Dolby Vision display or "Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV, YUV***, **bit)" with a Player Led Dolby Vision display.

HDR "Auto" will always output Rec.709 on the menu.

If you had DV in the menu with HDR set to Auto, something was definitely wrong somewhere.

However since you say that an SDR movie would previously play in VS10 means that HDR could not have been set to "Auto".

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  3. OlivierQC

Here is a small video, sometimes and it's random the DV logo of Zidoo also appears in the top left when using the BDmenu

To know that each time I leave the BDmenu, I return to the main page of Zidoo and not HT4

4. Markswift2003

Sorry Olivier - we were talking about the Zidoo menu - the home page - not BluRay menus

But sometimes BluRay menus are presented in Dolby Vision, and sometimes they are not. And sometimes you can miss the Zidoo Dolby Vision logo because of the time it takes for HDMI to resync as each menu element is displayed.

5. OlivierQC

oops I didn't understand, sorry Mark

6. YW Leung

YW Leung New Member

I encounter the same problem. Any solution?

7. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i think its a bug with 6.3.12
    yesterday night i watch SDR movie and it turn greenish when i choose the internal subtitle and normal when i choose ext sub
    IMG_20210709_201349.jpg IMG_20210709_201408.jpg IMG_20210709_201358.jpg
    but now i watch try the same movie(episode) all normal with the different sub

i always set HDR to VS10Engine for all, its ok the gui look brighter than usuall coz i use projector that always turn black screen for 6-7seconds to switch the output when the signal have to change from SDR to HDR or HDR to SDR :(

for me i think 6.3.12 is really not stable than the previous one, but it fix my optional remote`s function

8. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

If you mean internal as PGS, using VS10/DV it will open the dynamic range of the PGS subtitle if the original colour is other than white. This has been happening since day one and we've discussed about it. So it's not a bug i v6.3.12.

Using VS1o Engine for all than everything will be in DV including the GUI so it will be brighter, this is expected so not a bug.

HDMI handshake happens in all devices when the content changes between frame rates and SDR/HDR, how long it takes depends on your TV/projector. If you set the switch pause to 0 seconds, you'll hear the sound play immediately which means Zidoo is already playing, this why Zidoo has the pause settings to wait for your TV/projector.

9. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

nope..its only .srt that already muxed in the video file when i download that movie

no problem for gui been brighter coz i already know that will happen
    and for handshake i know too that why i choose the vs10 from the start :D

10. Ben80

Ben80 New Member

I loaded v6.3.12, the poster wall seem unstable, each time when i browse movie it auto force to return to main page, scanning movie halfway also it stop and back to main page. Is anyone facing this issue?

11. Markswift2003

Never seen anything like that at all - at this stage I'd have to suggest a factory reset.

12. Ben80

Ben80 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion.
    My streaming app work perfectly well on v6.3.12, no lag no slow traffic buffering issue, only the poster wall having auto refresh each 5sec issue and auto exit the poster wall even untouch it back to home page by itself , you mean factory reset the box and update to v6.3.12 will help?

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

In the first post of the link below there is a new version of the quick setting and poster wall that is part of the ongoing translation project. It might be worth installing both of those before you do a reset. I'm using them without issue

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-your-help-14-jul-test-version-updated.87612/

Occasionally my HT4 gets stuck in a loop where it keeps saying it will refresh in 5 secs. This happens when it gets 'stuck' scanning an external drive. I need to go into the sources and stop the scan on that drive. Then do a manual scan and all in well. It's always done that from time to time so learnt to live with it

14. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes the blocking of the hard disks often happens ........ it is very painful !! :confused:

15. Ben80

Ben80 New Member

After i done the factory reset, 5sec auto refresh of poster wall issue gone, it look much stable and i able to add in and scanning movies. Thanks

Markswift2003 likes this.
  16. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi all,
    I’m facing a couple of weird issues with my Z9X (FW 6.3.12) connected to an LG OLED TV through a Yamaha HT processor. I have automatic frame rate enabled and when I playback a 23,976 fps or 24 fps content (mkv container) it sometimes starts at 60 fps. I need to stop and restart and then it correctly syncs the frame rate. At least I know how to avoid the problem, so for now I can live with it.

But the real annoying issue is with contents originally at 23,976fps that I needed to remux at 24fps (with mkv you can do it) to be able to sync italian soundtracks. During playback the frame rate is always recognized as 23,976 fps instead of 24 fps and this means that every few minutes I will have a sync stutter. I also have a X8 and a X9S (both on FW 2.0.34) and I always used automatic frame rate without any similar issue.

Do you have any suggestion or do you know if there’s a way to report the bugs to Zidoo support ?

17. Markswift2003

The first issue is possibly down to the Yamaha EDID - when you connect a TV to a processor, the processor takes the TV's EDID and appends data relating to its own abilities compared to the TV - for example audio codecs supported that are not supported by the TV. Because EDIDs can only be 256 bytes, sometimes it goes a bit awry and stuff gets lost or truncated. I can't explain why it then plays at the correct frame rate after a restart though.

You could try connecting the box directly to the TV and see if it works as it should - there's certainly no issue that I've experienced with auto frame rate causing problems like this.

As for the second issue - this will be down to the way that you remuxed the file. If you look at a MediaInfo report I bet you'll see two entries for frame rate - "Frame Rate" and "Original Frame Rate". One is correctly calculated by MediaInfo using time codes and one is fixed in the header of the MKV.

You should be able to fix this by remuxing at 24p with "Fix Bitstream Timing Info" ticked in MKVToolnix:

upload_2021-7-16_10-21-56.png

18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Most of the time, the original framerate is still there and the Zidoo will use it in priority. Check with "more info" while playing the movie. I bet that you will read two different framerates (your modification and the original one) in the video part of the NFO. I have the same pb when I try to change the video framerate.

Edit:
    I didn't know that trick; I will try it. Thanks :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Don't want to be that guy but there was talk a week or so back of an imminent firmware release. It's gone quiet on that front. Any news?

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Thank you for your reply Mark

It happens also directly to the TV. And I just found out I'm not the only one to face this issue: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...no-feature-requests.84836/page-16#post-155045
    Issue I never had with other Zidoo players (X8 and X9S) connected in the same way and with same processor and TV.

All correct and I will try the trick. But how is it that with X8 and X9S I never had this issue?? (I always remuxed my files the same way)

Thank you for your help ;)