Home Theater 4 overview

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by 3DBuff, Sep 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok - I just tested an X9S - the last firmware I downloaded has HT3 and local trailers work fine on that.

It's simply the naming that makes it work - it has to be right. The cache doesn't come into it because the whole thing about local trailers is the keyword "trailer" which means that the trailer doesn't get scanned so never goes near the database.

2. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

Oh, perhaps I always forgot the "1080p." Although I am pretty sure that I tested it.
    I had to rename pretty often the filenames till I understood how
    (#movie) (2#preview) (5#whatever)(5#test)
    works and also that I can skip numbers. Possible that I didn't test the correct naming, skipped it and continued with wrong ones.

What happens with "(n#trailer)" (n = any numerical)
    Is this only an alias for "trailer"?

Did you test whether the number has to be one digit or whether 2 digits also works
    moviename.(3#test3)
    moviename.(8#test8)
    moviename.(11#test11)
    and test 11 is listed at the end?

Does HT support more than one trailer? How do I have to name them?

3. Markswift2003

The numbering is just for the order in which the boxes appear and is optional, so really you should name them:

(1#movie) (2#preview) (3#whatever)(4#test)

or

(#movie) (#preview) (#whatever)(#test)

It probably doesn't matter to the scraper, but it's a good idea to keep it tidy.

As for the trailers I think you may be getting file names and movie names mixed up - key is the file name, not the movie name.

4. Markswift2003

There is also a problem with 4.0.17 with a delay auto-playing local trailers.

This is because it's looking for the online trailers first in some cases. This is alleviated in later versions of HT4 with a "Local Trailers Only" option but I don't think that has been ported to the X9S.

5. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

I know now where my problem was. The following combination does no work. At least not on HT 4.0.17

The Mummy (1999).1080p.(#Movie).mp4
    The Mummy (1999).1080p.trailer.mkv

And I always used (#...) except for the trailer.

I preferred to use the number in front of the #
    1# Teaser, 2# Trailer(Preview), ...
    So I can use (2#TrailUS1), (2#TrailUS2) (2#TrailDE), ...
    and sort them by topic and not by name. And topic group number is always the same

6. Markswift2003

That's right - sorry - I should have remembered that - ignoring the version info in brackets is something I had changed recently - probably in the last month or so...

So on that version of HT4 you can either have trailers working or AB boxes working, but not both.

7. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

You are right - I tested now several things -
    moviename.(#movie).ext
    moviename.(#trailer).ext
    moviename.(#movie).trailer.ext
    Nothing works as long as I use (#movie). The trailer "disappears" and no box is shown for it. And it also wont be played.

At the end only
    moviename.ext
    moviename.trailer.ext
    moviename.trailer2.ext
    works for me. Even with 2 trailer.
    I do not have an extra box for "trailer" - but it is played automatically.
    And for "trailer2" an extra box is shown.

8. Markswift2003

Try:

moviename.ext
    moviename.trailer.ext
    moviename.trailer.2.ext

There needs to be a delimiter separating the strings "trailer" and "2".

You should then get two trailers - one plays after the other in autoplay and you can select between them in window view.

9. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

trailer.2 does not work (for me)

The only way to have several trailer is
    moviename.trailer.ext1
    moviename-trailer.ext1
    moviename.trailer.ext2
    moviename-trailer.ext2

I did not try other seperators like '_' but having a mix of mkv and mov the above 4 are more than enough.

10. Markswift2003

Maybe that's just on later versions too - but yes, if you use different file types that works as well..

11. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

Do you know whether there are any plans to upgrade the x9s firmware (with a newer HT)?
    Or do I really have to root the device?

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You can upgrade Home Theater to 4.0.69 just by installing APK file from USB.
    @McBluna has all files, links and tutorials.
    Go to his page here and download "APKs as 7-Zip archive" from "APK Overview" latest firmware bottom of the page from Z9S download page. HT format is compatible between X9S and Z9S. Extract Home Theater package, put it on USB stick and upgrade X9S. No rooting required.

13. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Markswift2003 and 3DBuff like this.
  14. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

Is it correct that I have to update first from HT 4.0.17 to Home Theater v4.0.69 via the firmware Z9S v2.3.60? Also on a x9s?
    Or are 1. & 2. not steps?.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@McBluna can you clarify the versions of Home Theater.

Is X9S compatible with original Zidoo Home Theater v4.0.72 pulled from Z9X as direct update? Those are different Android versions.
    Or X9S needs to have your modified Zidoo Home Theater v4.0.72 for Android 6 and old Home Theater removed manually first?

16. McBluna

No it's not compatible because Zidoo uses a different certificate to sign the apps for the Android 9 based players.

Screenshot_20210709-194413.png
    upload_2021-7-9_19-45-40.png

17. McBluna

1 and 2 are not steps these are alternatives and you don't flash the z9S firmware.

Update: I've replace the numbered list by bullet points and added more instructions what version to use.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    3DBuff likes this.
  18. DeuTa

DeuTa Member

Upgrade worked. At least I thought so for some minutes.
    I could start HT once and after a shut down and restart it does not show any films anymore. It is empty and nothing I can do to persuade it to work.
    Clearing cache does not help. It shows still my drive, but with 0/0 files and when i try to update it says that there is no video on the drive.
    Within the Media Centre I can see folders and files. I also can start a specific video (open with posters).
    And it shows me posters, infos and so on.

Is it normal that i cannot set the app permissions by remote control? I had to switch to mouse mode to set the permissions.

19. McBluna

Did you set the permissions? I always use a wireless mouse/keyboard combo, so I don't know if it works with the remote.

20. McBluna

What version did you install?