All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

I know Zidoo dont support Kodi etc
    But Kodi 19 supports playback of AV1 ( via its software .? )
    and Matrix 19 does work on the Zidoo with limitations etc
    So i wonder if …….

2. Suedezu

Suedezu New Member

Guys, I'm eyeing the Z9x and I have a couple of questions.

My current setup is an EPSON Tw7000 (3200 in the US) pixel shiting, 4K wannabe projector linked to a Denon 7.1 AVR-X1500H AV receiver. As a streaming device I'm currently using a Xiaomi Mi Box 4k.

What I'm looking for in the Zidoo Z9x:

1. Improved picture quality when playing 4k content from local files compared to the Xiaomi. I tested some 4k movies encoded with Dolby Vision, HDR, True HD etc and the Xiaomi would render them quite poorly. The image was dull, darker than normal. Tested both with Vlc player and MX Player, neither was good enough. Will the Zidoo render these 4k high quality files properly?

2. Netflix in 4k and HDR. The Xiaomi is only capable of playing in HD. Is the Z9x capable of running Netflix in 4k and HDR?

3. I want to have a movie library on my device and the Xiaomi cannot do that. Can you download torrents straight to the Z9x? This would be huge if you can.

Thanks in advance!

3. vibs

vibs New Member

Is it safe to install v6.3.20?

4. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

so i switched the display resolution to 1080 hence by passing the audio extractor and connect the z9s to the av amp. listening to 24/96 wav and dsd128 dsf, the m7702 has better treble, more air and musical. the difference is not day n night but its there. one thing to note is that i havent used the z9s for a while so might be the hdmi cable needs to be run in for a bit, for a fair comparison. another thing to note is that the m7702 failed to play some 24/96 wav tracks which played fine on the z9s.

5. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Hi guys! :)

Is it possible to add tags with the aspect ratio (eg. 2.35:1, 16:9, 2.00:1, etc) in HT 4.0?

Many thanks and regards

Letmein likes this.
  6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

1C9E5B6C-543C-44F5-9386-CB3E1F464B6A.png

kemcro likes this.
  7. YujiTFD

YujiTFD New Member

Greetings, everyone! Regarding subtitle support.
    There are plently of anime titles with very complex SSA/ASS-subtitles, which has embedded fonts, pictures, (dis)aligned positions, colors, sizes and so on. I'm now researching Z9X capabilities, and I literally never seen anybody testing this feature on any player, so could anybody be so kind and perform such a subtitles test, please?
    Basicly, this is what am I talking about, [Coalgirls] Bakenomogatari EP01 (MKV link), 00:10:15-00:10:25:
    ===
    No subtitles enabled, raw material:
    ===
    upload_2021-8-23_15-57-27.png
    ===
    Very same frame, but with english subtitles enabled:
    ===
    upload_2021-8-23_15-57-39.png
    ===
    Mind the fact, that limbs and muscle list is being rendered "on-fly", it's not harcoded. At this moment only Windows mediaplayers, like Daum Pot Player, MPC-HC and similar, and Infuse Pro for Apple TV can handle this feature. And also it would be nice to know if Z9X can handle Hi10P codec (H.264 10-bit profile), stuff is also plenty, mostly anime, of course :)

Impatiently waiting for an answer,
    thank you in advance!

8. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Do you have a link to a power supply that will work with the Z9X? USA Plug. Thanks!

9. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 is the best for anime hands down. It's what I use for my anime, and have 360 titles. I also use emby for my anime but plex and kodi also work great and show the signs in the ass tracks just fine. Don't hold your breath for zidoo to support it cause it's not what the box is marketed for......... also you could use emby on zidoo devices but the nvidia shiled has AI Upscaling that make all my anime look so crisp on my 4k tv. Zidoo devices are mainly for Dolby Vision TV Owners and people with cheap tv's that want Dolby Vision Tonemapping applied to there content.

10. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

with the current firmware the z9x has again problems playing certain movies.
    for example all the 4k dv remuxes of transformers movies are watchable/ fastforwardable til around 51:00 and then video always hangs and audio most of the time too.
    this sucks so much.
    but it has nothing to do with file size or anything since the lotr see 4k dv remuxes work perfectly fine.
    any help?

edit:

-angel has fallen 4k dv remux also hangs at 50:30.
    -spiderman homecoming 4k dv remux hangs at 50:40.
    -black panther 4k dv remux hangs at 50:20.

edit2:

i just remembered that all the dv remux movies that hang at around 51:00 i made myself back then with older versions of makemkv from iso images.
    so i thought out of desperation and frustration i should redownload the iso images and remakemkv them with the most recent version of makemkv.
    ddl volume is only enough for 1 movie tonight, so i chose spiderman homecoming.
    i remade it with the most recent version of makemkv and oh my god it works.
    i doesn't have this strange 51:00 hang bug.
    so this bug is the fault of older makemkv versions and not zidoo's.
    i'll remakemkv all the transformers movies and other nonworking movies over the next days and if i won't report back these remade versions also work fine.
    i won't delete this post since maybe other people might have the same problem.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  11. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

When those movies are mkv's, you could also try to let mkvtoolnix recode them.

That could work, and is faster and less downloading.

12. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

i tried. doesn't do anything unfortunately.

btw the old spiderman had a bitrate of 46,4 and the remade mkv with the most recent version of makemkv now has 46,5 which is strange since it's only copy paste and no encoding.
    but maybe that's a sign that the old makemkv versions really destroyed something.

TifKag likes this.
  13. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Thanks for the feedback, and good luck....you have a lot to do.

B1gD4ddy likes this.
  14. Blade1001

Blade1001 New Member

Hey guys, I'm thinking of switching out my aging X9S for a new Z9X - am I likely to see much of a step up in video quality from MKV rips of blu-ray and UHD movies?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

In a word, yes. It's not a paradigm shift, but the newer chipset has better overall chroma handling and the HDR flexibility is a massive step up from the X9S.

Blade1001 likes this.
  16. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Hello,

I am wondering if it is worth switching from (2x) Z9S to (2x) Z9X.

What are the main differences between the two models?
    How stable is the z9x firmware or in other words: what runs on the z9x that doesn't and shouldn't run on the z9s, or vice versa?

Thanks for your help!

17. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Hello ,
    I propose ,have the possibility to set the values of the image setting, different for sdr and hdr .

18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Does this mean that using HDMI CEC with your Zidoo, the TV will turn on and switch to the corresponding HDMI port by itself? A french user has trouble with that. The Zidoo is connected to his Amp. The TV will turn on but no automatic switch to the hdmi port.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes it exactly does that.

20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Ok, thank you. So an issue somewhere for him.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021