Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

the kodi version is 18.9, I use external zidoo player, do I have to install something else? Thank you

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I might be wrong but I don't think there is a build of 18.9 that supports menus.

I assume you're using ZDMC and that certainly doesn't.

3. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

if i use zdmc, kodi throws me to the native zidoo player, so my question was why won't the fullbluray menus come out if i am using the native zidoo player

4. Markswift2003

The player has nothing to do with menus, it's just a player. The menus would have to be processed by Kodi and the only versions I know of are v19 and as I say, it needs JRE installed and running too since they run on BD Java.

Cristiango likes this.
  5. Good morning to all of you and good morning Mark ...... If I may, I wanted to ask you a question: force the VS10 engine on already native DV movies, is it worth it, or not? I seem to have noticed a little bit of burn on the whites .... Clearly I blindly rely on your advice ..... PS .: it must also be said that I have not tested the performance of VS 10 Engine with a probe on films that are already native DV ....... Thanks for everything, I'm sorry if I always disturb you, I wish everyone a good day and you, Andrea.

6. Markswift2003

Hi Andrea,

If you play a DV movie it uses the VS10 engine to process it regardless of whether you force it or not - So, no, for DV movies it makes no difference.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  7. Thank you so much Mark, very kind and precious as always !!!!!!!!!! Have a good day, Andrea.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

I have a Zidoo Z1000 Pro I'm interested when I delete a file from the HDD where I can see it and empty the Recycle Bin in the Recycle Bin it is gone Thank you

9. Markswift2003

I don't think there is a recycle bin - if you delete a file using the Zidoo interface, that's it, it's gone.

(obviously you could get it back with a low level utility - a file is never really deleted until the data is written over)

Boris 1956 likes this.
  10. Xavierl

Xavierl New Member

Hello to all,

I would like to present you my problem:

I have an AV Denon 3500H receiver and an LG 77C1 TV. My Zidoo Z9X is always on (I use its Hotspot function, very useful in my case! ) despite that, when I turn on my TV and my AV, I have no images. I have to turn off the Ziddo and turn it on again to get the image back. I had a similar behavior with the APPLE TV...

I did some research, it often comes out a problem with the EDID... I have indeed seen this menu in Zidoo.

If someone has an idea, I'm interested!

Thanks in advance

PS: sorry for my non-perfect english :)

11. Markswift2003

Maybe try this:

Go to Settings/Display/Custom EDID and click Save EDID.

Save it in Storage - this is the internal storage in the Zidoo (you could create a folder called "EDID" if you want to using Media Center)

This saves a file called "edid.bin"

Now switch on Custom Edid and click Upload EDID and load the EDID you just saved.

This means that your TV/Amp EDID is always available to the Zidoo so it should stay in the right mode.

12. Markswift2003

I have mine switched on 24/7 as well. Mine's connected to a Vertex so it always has an EDID available and never has an issue when I switch on the Amp (Denon 7200) and TV (Samsung Something or other).

Loading a Custom EDID does effectively the same job as the Vertex in this scenario.

In the cinema, the Z9X powers down with the room, but again, it's connected to a Vertex so always has an EDID there when it powers up regardless of order.

13. Xavierl

Xavierl New Member

I did it last night and did some tests, and this morning after turning on my TV and the AV receiver: it works!

Thanks a lot ! And thanks also for all the information and help you give here.

Have a nice day.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. moesen

moesen New Member

Okay, thank you for your input

15. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

On a Plasma screen dependant on make / model of plasma you should be able to achieve a High level of Picture Quality playback using the Zidoo if set up correctly and your screen .

Even though Plasma’s are old tech they are still capable of a very very good Image Quality especially for Motion and Movies and football
    That at times Oled still not 100% perfect with i hear . ( have they improved in 2021 models ? )

boxerfan likes this.
  16. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

I’m still using Samsung plasma.

Set Z9X for 16-255.

On TV, with a dark/night scene, set maximum light level, then set black level to darkest level where the dark details (e.g. black jacket details) looks natural/acceptable and not crushed.

17. moesen

moesen New Member

Yeah, I see your point...Plasma was known best for movies, sport, black level. Good thing is Oled very similar to Plasma..it would nice to upgrade to Oled.
    Oww, Samsung ..same here, I'm using it for 10 years..still on
    For the setting..I never use max light..cause too bright for me. Yeah, I try it but I prefer it around level 9 (max 20).
    Black level is off..I did calibrate my Plasma with Spears and Munsil HD Benchmark.. previously from THX guide. the result is nice.

18. moesen

moesen New Member

Poster wall (H.T.4)
    I have an issue about 'clear logo'(title)...why it doesn't reappear over the poster. For a while it appears..but when I've update my movies..it's just gone.
    Btw, I scrape my collection using ember media.
    What am I missing here.? Anyone...
    Ps. Repost for answer.

19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

As soon an OLED Monitor comes out 65inch id be on it .
    Mine this November be 14 years old and still stunning and look just as good compared to a Oled ok no Hdr or 4K but in 1080p

20. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Hey @Markswift2003, do your recommended settings in post #1 still hold w/regard to f/w updates since? I'm thinking of finally upgrading to Z9X from my trusty Z9S, but have a HDR10 only capable UST projector (Wemax A300). Reading in particular @Sledgehamma's review on AVS, I'm hoping I can still benefit from HDR10+ and DV MKV's using the VS10 engine (vs Auto). Is this correct? Know everything (including SDR) will be mapped to HDR10, but looking at screenshot comparisons in @Sledgehamma's review, it seems VS10 is mostly quite excellent across the board. Oh, also I assume 3D playback is as good as with Z9S; important to me as I have nearly 500 3D titles. Thanks.

Stefano C likes this.