Possible to Manually Match Home (family) Videos?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by cappy1, Jul 2, 2021.

1. cappy1

cappy1 Member

I have a collection of home videos from various vacation trips I added as a source, but everything is “Unmatched” with no apparent way to manually add posters from my photos file. Is this possible?

2. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Never had the need for .nfo files, so will look into out of curiosity.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can use the web interface to add your own coverart, fanart, descriptions etc etc.

It's a bit flaky, but it works.

4. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Thanks Mark, but can't seem to change anything using the web interface after clicking on "Poster" & "File".

5. Markswift2003

I just edited one of my existing posters and was able to select "Choose File", navigate to a network drive and select a different cover art.

Also able to edit details - name, description etc...

This was on Microsoft Edge - Possibly the browser?

cappy1 likes this.
  6. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Seems to be the case. Tried both Safari & Chrome on iMac. Logged on to http://xxx.xxx.x.xx:9528, clicked on File>SMB>Server>Home Videos. I can play the videos from here, but no other controls.

7. Markswift2003

Just tried Chrome on a PC and that works too...

8. cappy1

cappy1 Member

I give up!! I even used Microsoft Edge and get the same results. Here are the screen shots in sequence; the last shot is just part of a long list of home videos…with no selections except for “Play”. I think I will just use my Vimeo app on my TV since all videos have been uploaded.

Attached Files:

9. Markswift2003

I thought you wanted to add them to HT4, so you'd go into "Poster" view and edit the unmatched videos in there?

"File" is just for browsing.

upload_2021-7-3_23-18-13.png

upload_2021-7-3_23-3-20.png

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    cappy1 likes this.
  10. cappy1

cappy1 Member

As Forrest Gump said, " Stupid as as stupid does." Yes, I originally tried using the Poster view, didn't see a selection category for Unmatched. :(
    After scrolling forever, I see Unmatched files are listed at the end of all the matched files. As always, thanks for your help (and patience)!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Easy done :)

No need to scroll to the bottom - there's an "Unmatched" tab on the left:

upload_2021-7-4_10-46-42.png

12. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Unfortunately, if video is in the Unmatched category, Poster and Backdrop are not listed.:(

Attached Files:

13. Markswift2003

Ah - that's sloppy programming!

Workaround would be to match to a dummy movie (one not in your collection) and then change all the details.

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

as Mark says, put a movie title and make the changes manually, it takes 2 minutes with the edit function

Are these vacation memories?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    pcristi and Markswift2003 like this.
  15. cappy1

cappy1 Member

It works, sort of.
    Some info from the dummy movie is incorporated into the video as shown in attached. The dummy movie is Minari, which you can see is in plain view, along with some info from the movie. This is after I deleted everything possible associated with the movie under “General” in the web interface. Not looking very promising, or am I missing some other setting?

PS: Yes, vacations.
    Images are random and Maori not centered...just to test if works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  16. OlivierQC

Yes it's true,

in this case rename your file ''atmos'' and you won't have the problem of clearart

This is what it looks like on my TV

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon

cappy1 likes this.
  17. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Oliver, very helpful and clever! Thank you!

18. OlivierQC

You are welcome :)

19. Cezary

Cezary Member

My huge family movies collection is organised as follows:

Bez tytułu.png

This is an example of NFO file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <movie>
    <title>2021.05.07 Family movie</title>
    <plot>Family movie description</plot>
    <uniqueid type="home" default="true">169</uniqueid>
    <premiered>2021-05-07</premiered>
    <year>2021</year>
    </movie>

When scrapping one have to set NFO priority.

cappy1 likes this.
  20. AlexisWhon

AlexisWhon New Member

Yeah, of course.