SPDIF Audio Passthrough and Transcoding

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by rantei, Nov 1, 2016.

1. rantei

rantei New Member

Hi,

I have a Sonos Playbar and I have connected it to my Zidoo X9S through SPDIF connection; this soundbar supports only Dolby Digital 5.1 (not DTS and HD audio).
    These are the settings thai I am using:

Zidoo X9S Settings:
    HDMI Output: RAW
    SPDIF Output: RAW
    HDMI Rx Audio Format: RAW
    HDMI Rx Version: 2.0
    Auto 1080P24: Enabled
    Auto 29.97/59.94Hz: Enabled

ZDMC:
    Android, RAW Passthrough
    2.0 - Best Match
    Enable Passthrough
    Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable Receiver
    Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding

Now if I use the ZDMC with internal player (DVDPlayer) everything works and X9S transcodes a DTS track in DD5.1, but if I use ZDMC with external player (ZIDOOPlayer) the transcoding doesn't work and I have unsupported audio.
    Is this normal? It will be fixed with future firmware? PQ with external player is better than internal player.

Thank for your help.

Michele

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Please try to enable "Force SD audio" option.
    We will optimization this function in next version. Maybe rename it to "downmix Audio output(SPDIF)"

3. rantei

rantei New Member

Hi mirror,

thanks for your reply.
    I have enabled "Force SD Audio", but now i have only stereo audio instead of DD 5.1 transcoded from DTS or DTS HD.
    It's normal? I'm setting something wrong? I prefer to use external player for better PQ.

Thanks

Michele

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you set the"Settings -- Sound -- S/PDIF output" to RAW?

xtreme1 likes this.
  5. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

The audio passthrough by S/PDIF:
    Set 1: Settings→Sound & notification→S/PDIF output: RAW
    Set2: Settings→Playback→Force donwmix audio: open
    upload_2016-11-2_17-45-18.png
    upload_2016-11-2_17-45-48.png

xtreme1 likes this.
  6. rantei

rantei New Member

Hi,

with that settings X9S correctly transcode DTS to DD5.1, but only if i use internal player of ZDMC (DVDPlayer); if i use external player a DTS track is recognized as STEREO. Can you fix this with next firmware release? I prefer PQ of external player.

Thanks

Michele

7. rantei

rantei New Member

Please someone can try if transcoding from DTS to DD5.1 (using settings specificated in this thread) work correctly also with external player in ZDMC??

Thanks

Michele

8. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

the DTS audio files and multichannel FLAC are working with internal player, but not with zdmc.... can anybody confirm?

9. rantei

rantei New Member

Mirror, do you think that this problem will be solved with a future firmware release?

Thanks

Michele

10. nc127

nc127 New Member

A bug! my config like this:
    The audio passthrough by S/PDIF:
    Set 1: Settings→Sound & notification→S/PDIF output: RAW
    Set2: Settings→Playback→Force donwmix audio
    When x9s rebooted,the DTS audio will become 2way output by S/PDIF port every time. Must try step2 again ,then it works well. it looks like step2 not saved when reboot. please corrent this bug!

11. rantei

rantei New Member

Zidoo Tech support please can you simulate DTS to AC3 transcoding with external player in ZDMC?

12. jamil

jamil Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

We have fixed next Version.

13. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

Please pay some attention in the upcoming versions to the music player function on ZDMC... it doesn't play dts and flac music files.... these are ok in the native music player, however the native cannot deal with libraries, doesnt have an internal browser etc.
    thanx

14. rantei

rantei New Member

good jamil, but you will fix also audio trasconding over SPDIF with external player??

15. Jack van Gouda

Jack van Gouda New Member

I must say that it is very surprised and sad that this problem of audio trascoding with external player is still not solved, after almost a year! I own a Sonos 5.1 system just like rantei, and suffer from the same issue as well. This function is actually one of my main reasons to buy a X9S, combining with other functions. However, such a simple bug could not be fixed for such a long time! what a pity and shame!