RELEASE The new firmware v1.0.15 for x1 Release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by mirror, Jul 10, 2015.

1. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

So I would assume that Nove Launcher is ok with new firmware? (I could not test it since I'm in vacation for the next 2 weeks :( )

2. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I
    It's working just fine for me and what I use it for.

Haven't come across any issues yet.

Rob Hart likes this.
  3. Rob Hart

Rob Hart New Member

Thank I will try Nova Launcher!

I tired a few other TV based launchers with no luck (even mouse control wasn't responsive)
    I tried the XBMC Launcher too to direct boot into Kodi and nothing on the remote worked even though usually
    kodi works with the remote.

Cheers Rob.

4. papirus

papirus Member

Hi ,

After receiving my Zidoo X1, I upgraded the software to v1.0.15 over OTA by USB stick

The installation was completed without problem but the substitle menu turns to chinese and I could not change it

What can I do to change the substitle menu to English?

Thanks

5. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    can you take a pictrue?

6. papirus

papirus Member

Zidoo X1 ( ota v.1.0.15 Firmware ) - Subtitles Chinese Menu... Why ???

v1.0.15 Subtitles Chinese Menu.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  7. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    Which language do you choice?We are very sorry,we will add your language in next fireware.

8. papirus

papirus Member

Hi,

What a weird question is that !?

I'm not talking about Language Encode settings, i'm talking about the subtitle menu language. As usual, i'm expecting to see an English Menu of course. It's the international language. Do I have to use the subtitle menu with Chinese?

The device is already came up with English, how can it change to Chinese after the firmware update, ridiculous!

(By the way, the other main sections are English there's no problem.)

It must be like this (as Zidoo X9) :

Zidoo X9 Subtitles Menu.jpg

9. papirus

papirus Member

I found the reason.

After changing the Android Settings sections language to Turkish, the subtitle menu turns to Chinese.

If you keep the Android Settings English, subtitle menu turns to normal, English.

It shouldn't be like this...

10. AMoon

AMoon New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Our engineers have do some analysis with this situation.
    Will tell you the result.
    Thanks.

11. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    we fix this problem for this apk,we will update it for next fireware.In order not to affect your use, you can manually install what with usb.

Attached Files:

12. papirus

papirus Member

It work ed.

Thansk...

13. barisg

barisg Member

Hello, I am one of the participants of X1 campaing, through GeekBuying. After the first ten minutes of inital review of the new software is it is lagging alot with compare to previous software version, .14.

1. I installed ZIUI Tile launcher and on the "About" menu, it shows that the device has 16.0 GB Flash. Whereas, although it is announced as 8 GB NandFlash, the devices we have has 4GB useable memory.

2. Again on About menu of ZIUI Tile, it shows wired MAC, but my device is connected via wifi.

3. There is 2 apps on the main menu with Chinese characters. The first one opens and seach something but doesnt find or do anything. The second one seems like an IPTV app but plays only France2 channel and contains full of Chinese characters.

4. The device has Camera app but has no embedded cam.

5. On shutdown menu, it says "the phone will shutdown". This device is not a phone.

6. On System settings it provides an IMEI number. This device does not have SIM, so it does not have any IMEI :)

7. LeanBack keyboard from XDA does not function. Keyboards does not press. The default AOSP keyboard is too big and far too slow.

8. I installed ZIUI Frisbee launcher and on the "About" menu, it shows that the device has 8.0 GB Flash.

9. Again on About menu of ZIUI Frisbee, it shows the Wired MAC, but my device is connected via wifi.

10. On AOSP keyboard, the microphone icon appears, but the device and the remote does not have embedded microphone. Thus, google voice can be deleted from the next update.

more to come...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  14. spring

spring Guest

Thanks for your feedback.
    The camera app and microphone use for your USB camera,you can connect USB camera to use it.
    The other question we will check it and fix it.

15. vukina

vukina New Member

If anyone can confirm that problem with x1 with 3d bluray iso automatic switch problem is solved . because i have x9 and it can switch auto to 3d and it have bluray 3d iso icon on botom left