Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Of course you are going to agree with @mirror because you get all your Zidoo product for free, let see when you spend your hard earn money and the product doesn't work as expected.

Beaujolais and Tarantula like this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Looking forward to the reply to that one :D:D:D

Movie78 and DELUCAS like this.
  3. Armando Sain

Armando Sain New Member

Here it only looks like I have no problems, a combination of ziddo with 1000 pro, Denon avc-x6700h, klipsch 13x, LG 65C1, everything works perfectly, hdr, dolby vision, etc.

4. Teddyboy

Teddyboy Member

I suggest that you turn on local trailers only in preferences. Using your favorite metadata manger, download the trailers, name them correctly, and stick them in their movie folders. Websites like YouTube will change trailer URL’s as they see fit, and zidoo has no control over that. Might be some work if you have a large movie library, but you’ll never have to worry about dead links again. :)

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

To me ,i started getting the black screen at startup a couple months back when i swapped reciever from sony to new denon 3700h

I beleive its a CEC hdmi handhsaking timing issue

to fix it i have to turn the Zidoo on first ,Then the pana Oled ,and then the denon last

that brings the zidoo up to home screen correctly each time

If i swap then to TVs Youtube say ,and then want to go back to Zidoo i have to swap hdmi channels twice on the denon ,to be able to use the Zidoo ..ie hit tuner wait for it to show ,then hit Zidoo on the denon and then alls fine

6. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Thanks for the valuable advice.;)
    I will try to do as you say.

joe

7. Thanos

Thanos Member

It will work, but it is not a traditional procedure, with another player it works without the user having to do everything himself.
    In order for the wall to recognize my files and series correctly, I had to rename a hundred files, now I have to download a hundred trailers? This is a knee solution

An interesting feature is the new feature, choose Update Normal or BETA.
    But I don't know what this is for, if only the beta versions are released.

PS: I believed, that with the new generation of product, the SW optimization will be better, but everything is always semi-functional.
    Turning the device on and off to work is not normal either. In addition, turning the device on and off quickly is not good for capacitors.

Since I bought a competing player with the same SoC (I won't name it), I don't have any of these issues, and I don't understand this poor optimization, although I understand that developing a SDK from Realtek is not easy.

It might be more sensible to release updates:
    • STABLE : Released stable update with less functionality but functional.
    • BETA : An update that has more functionality but in a test version.
    This way, users should at least have the choice to use something that works, or have more at the cost of possible instability.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    Movie78 and Tarantula like this.
  8. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

The stutter issues are getting worse with SMB feeds. Now even 1080.mkv's are stuttering random. NFS is all fine.

JohnG likes this.
  9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If you refer to the Dune player - looking at the forums for their new device it seems to have its own share of problems!

DELUCAS likes this.
  10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Bluetooth - agree it's a pain on the Zidoo. I've used it but need to set an audio offset. Never disconnected though
    Subtitle d/l - I use this all the time on the Zidoo. Never had an issue unless it's a very new or obscure film
    Installing apps. - The Dune having android TV has a major advantage but I didn't get the Zidoo (or my previous Dune) for apps. Zidoo shouldn't push this aspect in marketing as the version of Android used is woeful for apps
    File recognition - have few issues with HT4. Recognises most of my files - I would say 90%.

Both Dune and Zidoo are guilty of releasing new products with essentially alpha firmware and then spend the next 2 years getting them into beta in time for the next chipset. TBH I'm sort of OK with that!

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

Thank you for your response.

What language subtitle are you downloading? English ?
    You can try downloading subtitles in another language, you will see that more than half of the languages do not work.
    For example, downloading the FR title never worked on ZIDOO (and it doesn't work to this day), at least since the first ZIDOO model I bought (8 years ago).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  12. sandyj

sandyj Member

I have practically 100% File recognition using
    1. For TV series use the program called "Renew My TV series" and put all Programs for the series in the same folder don't split into series sub folders just show name and put all in there. File names are also important e.g Alex Rider (2020).S01E04.mkv
    2. Movies I use tinyMediaManager for naming and tell HT4 to prefer using nfo's in the scanning

For extra tags you can setup the programs to create names like this. Not all the tags work but its easy to do and not much effort required.
    Alita - Battle Angel (2019) 2160p Atmos 8ch HDR10+ h265.mkv
    Band of Brothers (2001).S01E01.1080p.H264.DTS.5.1

I also like tinyMediaManager as it catalogs all my movies and I can see what I have from my PC.

I am not sure if foreign language titles would have issues but none of my ones did. I currently have no issues that affect my enjoyment with Zidoo on 6.25 firmware and have no need to apply updates as what I use is 100% reliable every update has potential to cause issues so I always wait to see what others report before moving to the next firmware. TV trailers are broken in this version 6.25 but I rarely need that and don't really care to much this breaks on other players as well from time to time. Playback of all media is flawless for me and the quality is there in spades everything else is icing on the cake.

13. JohnG

JohnG Member

On my z9x, stuttering occurs on many 4K titles (I running off a Synology 418 Server with Seagate Ironwolf hard drives in a RAID). What's really frustrating is the same file will play without stuttering on my Zappiti mini.

14. sandyj

sandyj Member

The answer for me and others using this hardware combo (synology nas) was to change to NFS from SMB stutters have gone I no longer have issues midway through some movies.
    One of the things to note I never had any problems with TV series in 4k or 1080 only with movies the longer the movie the greater the chance of problems with stutters and lockups. 4K movies from memory seem to have triggered the issue and most likely this was file size/ bit-rate related but never investigated this I just changed to NFS on the off chance and it worked..

I have a Zappiti pro but that has other issues and don't care to go back to that one zidoo is better for me.

There is more discussion around this earlier in the thread.

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I d/l English subs which usually works well. Can't comment on other languages

16. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Have to agree - after a decade or so with Beyonwiz updates, they have both stable, ie via Internet or beta if you make a few adjustments in settings.
    Popcorn C-200 (long EOL) and the more recent A-500 (now EOL along with the company) you learned to wait awhile before updating or as my old solicitor would say "leave it on the table and let it fester awhile!" In other words be patient. No freebies for me all purchased by me, just for the record. So I have not updated to this latest firmware for my UHD3000, something in my water told me to hang on a bit and ask a lot of questions. I'll wait patiently until the next one (stable) is released and then update. I've had to rename many of my files if I want to have all the parameters displayed like frame rate, file type, 4k etc whereas for the Popcorn just the simple IMDB name sufficed. The Beyonwiz being principally a PVR only has a file view for media files, locally recorded or others via network, USB etc and it handles just about everything you throw at it. You can install an older version of KODI but not worth the bother IMO.

17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I've found over the years it's easier and quicker to download the specific subtitle and language you need directly from the many sites. Australia and especially Sydney and Melbourne are strongly multicultural with hundreds of languages spoken.

18. Thanos

Thanos Member

First of all, thank you for your response.
    Yes, with the help of "Renew My TV series" and customization, detection is much better.

But that's just what I'm talking about.
    Elsewhere (PLEX, CoreElec, Emby) the files are recognized correctly without the user having to modify everything every time to make it work.
    At ZIDOO: I add a film / series, I have to rename it, I have to find subtitles, I have to get a picture on the internet,
    I have to add HDR10 to the file name for HT to display the label, then I have to search and download the trailer, am I the only one who doesn't think it's normal ?
    On other other devices, just add a film and I don't have to do anything else. I would be very happy if it worked like this on SW ZIDOO.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have some issues with HT4 but not all the issues you have. I never have to rename a TV file as I use sonar and sabnzbd which takes care of the renaming, For movies if the file has the correct name HT4 does a very good job finding it along with cover art. Subtitles d/l works fine for my need - English. I'm sure trailers will be fixed and in next firmware. However there needs to be a quicker way to push out a fix for trailers if it can be broken at any time by a third party API change.

However a major weakness HT has always had is that is does not use the mediainfo API during initial scan to display media information. Other scrapers such as Zappiti, Kodi, Plex and Infuse do this. Instead HT only scans the file on first play which TBH if you play the file from beginning to end is pretty useless!

I would like HT to be brought in line with other scrapers and add the mediainfo scrape as part of the initial scan. This may slow down the scan making the real time scape problematic but I'm sure there are compromises such scan when opens, scan on demand and a setting for periodic scans.

I really like HT4 but like their firmware it still has a lot of work needed.

Thanos likes this.
  20. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We are developing the MediaInfo scans, but as you say, scanning will be very slow.
    We'll choose another way, scanning in the background. Stop scanning while playing

Teddyboy, spoonz, Sledgehamma and 4 others like this.