Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Keeping it simple - with LLDV the 12-bit DV signal is processed, tone mapped and output by the player and in Regular DV the player sends a tunneled RGB signal and the 12-bit DV signal is processed and tone mapped by the TV.

Again, your EDID does not have an HDR10+ block which tells the Zidoo that the TV does not support HDR10+.

2. Markswift2003

Definitely something odd with TCL displays - had a quick look at a couple of TCL manuals and they don't even mention HDR10 never mind HDR10+.

3. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Yes I am using JBL 9.1 SoundBar,I am got plug the Zidoo directly to the TV so see if the HDR10+ works
    About the Pixel Clock is there a way to fix it?

4. Markswift2003

No - generally what happens when you connect a TV to an amp or a soundbar is that the EDID is based on what the amp/soundbar can pass through and not what the TV can actually do. So if the TV supports 600MHz (HDMI2) and the amp/soundbar supports only 300MHz (HDMI1.4) then it has to default to the lower one otherwise the signal will not pass through.

In your case I'm not sure why the Zidoo is trying to pass a 400MHx signal - that EDID shouldn't let it.

Easiest way to sort this out is to set the Zidoo to output an 300MHz HDMI 1.4 signal as follows:

Display/HDR: Auto
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV422 12BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235
    Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz

5. Movie78

Thanks, I am going to test it out.
    Is there a way to EDID to support HDR10+?

6. Markswift2003

The problem is if the Soundbar won't pass HDR10+ it doesn't matter what the EDID says - that would just make the Zidoo output HDR10+ but it wouldn't be passed on to the TV.

7. Movie78

Is it possible to switch between HDR10/+ and DV MKV file during playback?
    With BD file when you play with Menu you get HDR10/+ and when play main movie you get DV

8. Markswift2003

No, you can't switch between formats during playback.

The reason that happens is because DV is not supported for BD Menu/ISO yet, so it falls back to HDR10(+)

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just for now. When DV support with Menu works then this trick won't do anymore.

10. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I tested this EDID today, first I uploaded this file, the connection was zidoo> marantz sr6010> tcl 65x10 receiver and I fired the alita movie with hdr10 +, only the text with tcl about HDR10 appeared, then I connected zidoo directly to the TV, zidoo showed me the hdr10 + sign, but the HDR10 badge appeared on the TV, then I loaded the original zidoo EDID and the situation repeated again zidoo showed hdr10 + signal and I tcl only hdr10.
    the conclusion is that zidoo detects that it is a tv with hdr10 + support and sends such a signal, one tcl for some unknown reasons displays only hdr10 from zidoo, although when I turn on this movie from the tcl player (e.g. kodi 19) it displays the HDR10 + badge appears.
    In my opinion, the problem is probably tcl, not zidoo
    any ideas what else can i do ???

and one more interesting fact: I have a Wonder Woman movie with DV and HDR10 +, when I run it on zidoo, the DV version always starts, as for tcl (kodi 19) the HDR10 + version always starts

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  11. Markswift2003

As I said, the original EDID in your TV says that HSR10+ is not supported so we kind of have to assume that the TV does not support HDR10+.

So even if we supply an EDID with HDR10+, the TV will only play it as HDR10 (since HDR10+ is compatible with HDR10).

12. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

It looks to me that tcl handles hdr10 + internally, but not via hdmi from an external source.
    maybe this is due to the fact that it has hdmi 2.0 without the hdr10 + extension ???
    and despite everything it is strange that even on the standard EDID zidoo shows on the screen that it sends the hdr10 + signal, as if it recognizes this standard in tcl

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  13. Markswift2003

Yes, I think that's the conclusion I'd draw.

If you switch off Custom EDID and just use the TV's EDID there's no way that the Zidoo will output HDR10+. It just can't do that unless the EDID tells it to.

Either something's gone screwy with the logos (they can be a bit random - the VS10 Dolby Vision logo incorrectly shows with VS10 HDR10) or you're still feeding it an HDR10+ EDID.

14. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

When I connect zidoo via a marantz 6010 receiver (without hdr10 + support) it doesn't show that it is sending hdr10 + signal, when I connect zidoo directly to tcl, it starts showing that it is sending hdr10 + signal and it's not some other logo, but specifically that. by the way, humorously speak two Chinese devices and can not get along :p

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

What does it say if you press the "Info" button - HDR10 or HDR10+?

16. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

HDR10 + is displayed

Attached Files:

17. Markswift2003

LOL - goodness knows what's going on! It must be in the EDID now :confused:

18. Markswift2003

Are you absolutely sure Custom EDID is switched off?

19. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

yes 100%

McBluna likes this.
  20. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

There were a fair few more than that. My settings were just fine, like I said all other compatible HDR10+ devices playback flawless, it's just the Zidoo.