Z1000 PRO - Samba server in network

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by snapo6, Dec 25, 2020.

1. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Hi All, strange issue at least for me.

Zidoo is connected to my network through cable so WIFI is off.
    My cabled computer do not show the Samba server while my computer with WIFI does show the Samba server.

I would to have the server also on my cabled computer so what could be the issue?

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Assuming all clients are in the same IP range, maybe on your cabled pc "Network Discovery" is not on?

Can you directly connect to the Zidoo in an explorer window with <\\IP-address> ?

3. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Network discovery is on. No connection through IP address - err connection refused.

My current cabled PC does not show the Samba server, I've another cabled PC and just discovered it's able to show the Samba server.
    Guess it's a setting issue.

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Maybe temporarily disabling anti-virus and/or firewall can find a culprit?

5. Onno van Gelderen

Onno van Gelderen New Member

Download and instal new firmware. (6.0.35 or higher)and the samba server is installed.
    It don't work with system update by the internet. Download zip file and put in on a usb stick
    Update by file and there it is....
    See picture
    Succes with it.

Link for firmware:
    Zidoo Z1000 Pro Firmware Download – McBluna.net

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  6. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

was reading a few threads and found out that I can’t connect to the 1000Pro through 168.192.1.193, which happens to be my box’s IP address.
    All in the same range etc etc and from the box I can see my pc and visa-versa.

For example I can access my Yamaha receiver through IP address, but I’m puzzled why not my 1000Pro?

7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Are you able to connect to the zidoo web frontend? http://<Zidoo IP>:9528

Topdude likes this.
  9. snapo6

snapo6 Member

I'm already on the latest firmware but thanks to McBluna I've a working solution.

Assigned drive letter to \\ZD_SAMBA\Share\ and now I've access ...... still curious for the root cause for not popping up in Network.
    And for direct access through IP address, of course no access without port number 9528.

10. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

yes, that seems to work.
    I’ll read your instructions tomorrow. Not at home now to try it.
    Thank you very much for your help!

11. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Longtime since I did a follow up to the initial problem:
    slow network speed limited to around 35 MB/sec

I have tried everything: Change cables, change hard drive, even change routers, nothing, absolutely nothing works.

The HiMedia Q10 in exactly the same setup making use of the same cables and router etc gives at least double that speed.
    While starting up the z1000 shows amber AND green light indicating gigabit network speed: After the device is fully started up: only amber light, indicating slower speed.

How do I enable full-duplex???? I know it should happen automatically but for some reason, it doesn't do that.
    And yes, I have restarted, put back to factory settings everything about 10 times.

It is driving me crazy why the stupid box won't run on gig speed.

12. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

I can't set up the server on a FTP

I want to contact via the program, how?

my ip http://192.168.10.190

Attached Files:

13. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

14. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

????????

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There is no ftp server installed.

16. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

How do I transfer my files quickly?

My MacBook is too slow to send files via SMB

not work with USB and does not support ftp

17. Markswift2003

18. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

my friend

Do you have a way to set up?

19. Markswift2003

Install the app, set for anonymous access (or username and password if you want) and start the server.

Once the server is running, connect with your ftp client - Remember, the box won't be rooted so the port will need to be above 1024 (Primitive ftp defaults to 12345 for ftp).

I'm not saying this is the best ftp server to use, but it's just one I found using Google so there will be other ones you can use .

I don't use ftp and I presume from the lack of response that not many others do either.

AbuSarah likes this.
  20. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

That worked, thank you

Markswift2003 likes this.