Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

The process is risky, and I don't think it will go well cause my unit is kind of buggy. I just don't want to brick it.

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

As an experiment if you wish run one of the SRT files through Subtitle Edit and check for errors, something might show up that is causing the problem.

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

It is solved, thx seems some srt. use ,1000 ms in the timestamp which causes that behavior makes no sense of course since ,000 - ,999 is valid (I checked with spec) so no bug here

5. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

What I really, really would find useful is a possibility to revert the FW like editing some check criteria (name etc, but probably it is not that easy I guess, check criteria in a binary file ;-)) so we can go back to a stable version if problems arise with a newer FW.

To flash back to a full image and then upgrade again is really time consuming..........

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  6. kirkinezi

kirkinezi New Member

Do we know when a stable (non beta) version will be released?

7. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Probably everyone is waiting for a better firmware version ... what 6.3.2 offers. it's a mockery ...
    I'm terribly angry at how They could release this version ... I don't even want to watch movies ...

UTAVATU likes this.
  8. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Eleonor

Yes, I agree with your opinion. If it was possible I would revert back to 6.2.5 Beta, which was the best for me. I wish @mirror and Zidoo Team will add feature, which will allow to upload a Firmware, which is not the newest one without the need to use complicated and dangerous procedures.

Sincerely

darkeyes909 likes this.
  9. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Is anyone experiencing this issue, every time I turn on the my Zidoo Z9X it loses the HDMI signal on my TV I have to unplug HDMI cable and re-plug it to the signal back.

10. Armando Sain

Armando Sain New Member

no problem, softwer stik, and spatch, 5min. work and put after which you want, tried more than once

11. Armando Sain

Armando Sain New Member

try another cable, had the same problem with the A8 aggreat replaced cable solved the problem

12. Movie78

I have tried almost 5 different HDMI cable and still the same issue.

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Looks like a bandwidth issue - you say that the picture returns when you unplus and replug the HDMI?

Once you've done that, press the "INFO" button - what does it say at the top left of the screen?

14. Movie78

16:9 2160p PCM from the LG TV info

15. Markswift2003

Sorry - I meant the info button on the Zidoo so you see this:

upload_2021-5-26_15-22-44.png

16. Movie78

2160P23 YUV444 10Bits ITU709

17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

After bad experience, I agreed that we've to wait for a new firmware asap.

18. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I had a similair issue with my z1000pro / Marantz sr7015 and LG oled 55c8pla.

It seems to be a handshake related issue.

Test the following switch on your LG Tv wait till the TV is completely started takes approx 10 seconds and than switch
    on your Zidoo, you should get a picture.

Test the following when you get the "No signal msg." switch to Hdmi 2 and than back to Hdmi 1 assuming your zidoo is connected to hdmi1, if you than instantly get a picture, my assumption was correct.

If still no picture than it is becuase the initial handshake command is not received in time by the LG TV, hence causing the LG to report NO SIGNAL.

I could solve this issue by using my Logitech Elite remote and added a 10 second delay before the zidoo switches on, since than no problems anymore.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  19. Markswift2003

Ok, not a bandwidth issue then - that's a 400MHz signal out of a maximum of 600MHz...

Has this just started happening on the latest firmware revision?

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I think not the case since it happen the same plugged directly or through a Vertex2 controller. It's EDID-off issue and need to be corrected.