Problem with UHD iso when using SMB connection using SMB but not via USB/SATA

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Thorbjörn Holmberg, May 18, 2021.

1. maglione

maglione Member

From my W10 pc, use Hanewin for NFS server, The western digital have nfs and smb server.

2. Tried to reset and downgrade. My backup did not work and I have spent the whole evening rebuilding- probably one or two more nights to go. Did not succed to downgrade and I am stuck with this verison. Sorry guys, did my best and I just hope for a better next update...

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am very sorry to hear this. You followed the emergency restore procedure using the ROM-image?

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Many times I've mentioned my Z9X not seeing all NFS shares (subfolders and files). Where a reboot does seem to solve it.
    I don't have these issues with other (brand new and ancient) mediaplayers in my house. Zidoo definately has to look into this.

5. maglione

maglione Member

I have the same problem with Zidoo Z9X, Zidoo can't see my Movies NFS share in WDigital My Cloud 4TB, i resolve with this old post/tutorial.

maybe someone will help.

https://community.wd.com/t/cant-access-public-share-on-xbmc-through-nfs/91787

6. OK, I managed to set up NFS instead of SMB. Do not ask my how because I do not know how :) Now everything plays just like it is from USB. I can do all my .iso from NSF and even play with BD-menus. I did not solve the SMB but atleast it works. I do not know if there is any limitations with NFS compared to SMB but I guess I figure that out.

Thanks everybody for trying to help me out!

OOH! I have to rebuild my library again :)

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good to hear this! Problem not solved but yes a much more convenient bypass.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  8. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Nice going!
    Would you be so kind to let know how smoothly importing & scraping of NFS shares are/were?

9. Excatly as SMB. Acually every file I had to re-match is the same I did yesterday and the day before... 2700movies and 4000 episodes of them there was about 80 movies and a ton of episodes (3-400) because of naming I think. All episodes have name now and the scraper thinks it is a movie...

Whitfield likes this.