Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

3. Matt Suda

Matt Suda New Member

When I updated to version 6.3.2 from a version that was a few versions older than this new version on my Z9X, I lost a lot of poster wall images. After updating and going into the Home Theater poster wall app, about 50% of my movies had blank poster and banner images. The info was all there, but I had to spend several hours going into each movie and re-add poster and banner images from the selection of images that loads. I really hope this doesn't happen again. I didn't change any settings, this just happened after updating. Will be making more backups in case this happens again.

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I've got the same issue and it's a bug to solve either in the forum or by developers!!

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Matt Suda likes this.
  5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Pity to see Dolby VS10 engine still screws up PGS colors.

Osmar likes this.
  6. godalmighty

but not for all i think
    my Alita : Battle Angel turn blueish
    IMG_20210513_131406.jpg
    and i did not get VS10 logo first time i play it
    but other movie i tried, got VS10 logo and pgs color fine
    IMG_20210514_125336.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  7. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

My samba network speed is always maxing out at around 35. Transfers from same pc over same network to same router/usb storage gives me a steady 100.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why transfer to Zodoo is so slow.

8. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I still face the vob sub problems, so nothing new there @mirror is there no one at Zidoo interested to solve that ?????(as mentioned so many times ago any NOT native player shows them flawless)............

9. ctom

ctom New Member

Hello, just download the new firmware, and some movies are stutter after the start, and no sound!
    Will be okay if i roll to forward some minutes or restart the movie again and again. Simple hdr uhd format, no dv.
    thanks

10. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Yes as I said in one of my messages elsewhere, this FW is not great, for now I'm satisfied with 6.2.5 and I'm going to hope that Zidoo does something better than the last 2 FWs (6.3.0/6.3.2), of course and as usual this is only my opinion with my way of using it.

darkeyes909 and Osmar like this.
  11. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

Yes, FW 6.2.5 was the best so far. Are there any plans for ZDMC 19.1 (there is the newest stable Kodi 19.1)?

Sincerely

12. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

hello good, i'm trying to connect to zidoo by adb, my question is if i need a usb cable from windows to zidoo? Thank you

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I think that's right.

My experience is that when RGB color values for PGS are the same, grey will stay grey in VS10 playback. However brightness is way too high, compared to non-VS10 playback of PGS. Even when PGS is correctly authored for HDR video (darker greys) VS10 engine produces too bright subtitles. Of course this can be corrected during playback with "Subtitle brightness slider" but it shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

When RGB values start to differ, VS10 displays weird colors more & more. Which can become quite annoying. Especially when you are dependent on subtitles and therefor can't allow yourself to switch them off, you can start to dislike or even hate what you're watching. Awfull.

14. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

For goodness sake fix the subtitle always on when playing DVD ISO files. How much more basic functionally is there?

15. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

This product is not ready to be sold to consumers, I tested Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark.ISO and menu of the disc doesn't even show up, I try the same ISO on my Nvidia Shield/Kodi played with now issue.
    This one example of media that I am having playback issues.

Zidoo Z9X

[​IMG]

Nvidia Sheild

[​IMG]

16. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

At the moment I reproduce everything with the zidoo z9x, dolby vision I can not say why my tv only reaches hdr10 +, the full ones and the perfect iso

17. godalmighty

i dont know that PGS have color too, for me just Alita got blueish, my others untouched bluray files is fine
    but when i set HDR too Auto not VS10, PGS on Alita look fine just like others

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

PGS subtitles are exactly that - a ProGram Stream - they are a series of images so the colour is whatever the colour in the image is - SRT on the other hand are simply text files - so they can be manipulated in terms of style, font and colour.

19. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

So just unboxed this updated firmware to latest and so far not so good.

I have HDR set to Auto, because i want SDR to be just that.
    I get HDR in all content when i play SDR and in the zido0 interface what is happening?

Panasonic GZ950
    Zidoo Z1000Pro
    Not using amp at the moment

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  20. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

The web interface seems a little broken in this release...no poster images showing, etc, etc...is anyone else having issues?