Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 7, 2021.

1. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

So it sounds like the Devs from Zidoo doesn't know what they are doing because Dune Vision has the same specs as the Zidoo but performs better

2. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Deser @Movie78

Dune devices are 2x more expensive, then Z9X, so what're you comparing?

Sincerely

3. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

technical ability to make it work.

4. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

So you are saying you get what you pay for.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

almost zero issues with the Zidoo thou

i can play FULL dolby vision mkv iso bdmv files over smb with zero stutter or audio synch issues
    and also HDR10+ HLG and Atmos Dts-X

just use the Media centre with no time wasted with movie walls , playing the movie/tv epi i want to watch with none of the extra BS

and it seems at half the price

6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Well I've only had my UHD3000 for a little over a month and notwithstanding my 82 years managed to set it up, and it works on everything I throw at it. My only adverse comments are purely cosmetic. Clearer physical indication of a played title, a request for a power standby setting that leaves any hdd's attached or internal still accessible over the network etc. I nearly went for DUNE but it was a bit too difficult to arrange in Australia and thought better of it after I did my research on Zidoo and Zapitti. I wanted Dolby Vision as my TV supports it. Coming from a sound engineering background the features of the 3000 were attractive... even tho I naturally have age related hearing loss :(

blenky likes this.
  7. sandyj

sandyj Member

I had the exact same problem your configuration is nearly the same as mine
    zidoo z1000 pro
    JVC projector
    ROUTER Synology RT2600ac
    Wired network 1Gbps
    Synology DS1819+

The answer for me was change to NFS from SMB stutters seems to have gone I no longer have issues midway through some movies.
    One of the things to note I never had any problems with TV series in 4k or 1080 only with movies the longer the movie the greater the chance of problems with stutters and lockups. 4K movies from memory seem to have triggered the issue and most likely this was file size/ bit-rate related but never investigated this I just changed to NFS on the off chance and it worked.

I am also convinced that there is HDMI handshake issues with some cables which I also resolved this was evident with TV and Movies shows and usually resulted in black screens with no video only a reboot would fix this usually happened on boot up, going into and going out of a program. So I got a handful of new cables from different brands and some where diffidently worst than others I used the jelly fish files for testing the one cable left in the chain (RUIPRO fibre cable) that is not perfect is the one that runs to the projector but given the length required it was a matter of using one that was the most stable unfortunately its cost prohibited to fully rectify this at the moment as long cables are not cheap to test with.

The firmware appears to be very stable for me I am on 6.2.5 will update to the latest version at some point but I am enjoying it too much at the moment and most of the new features are not a must.

The picture quality on this device is really good I tried an NVIDIA shield and really don't like it much its OK for a small screen but not on a 110" screen.

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Most of the stutter issues and lockup around the 77 min mark were fixed awhile back

SMB play for full 4k DV DA iso mkv BDMV have been pretty much rock solid for last 4-6 f/ws ,with the 77 min freeze being sorted from 2.5 ish f/w
    For me anyways and most on the forum

9. Teddyboy

Teddyboy Member

I agree. All my rips are folder structures. My Z9x has been able to direct play everything I’ve thrown at it so far. The picture quality is great. I have a 1080p panel, and it’s able to downscale/upscale 4k and DVDs with ease. It keeps getting better, but they need to work on better BD menu support. In my experience, DVD menus work fine. Navigating around the google play store with the remote is cumbersome. I can’t tell where I am because it doesn’t always highlight it’s position. Pressing a button to initiate a action to install a app is hard to do. I sometimes have to get out a mouse to navigate in the store. It’s a great little media player, but it needs polishing.

10. sandyj

sandyj Member

It did not for me I was on 6.2.5 when this was happening I did not change or update firmware when i switched to NFS after changing to NFS everything works well without the same issues. I am not suggesting that everyone switch but the user Flasher has a very similar setup to me and it might be worth trying as it does not take much to do it. This issue could be the way the Synology NAS and Zidoo are behaving together and may not be the case with other storage systems there is too many variables here. I can't say it was the 77min problem, a combination of or not as the problem would happen all over the place and was not exactly the same every-time.
    I had also updated to just about every firmware release that's been out and it did not fix the problem I was having, the main thing is it works now and appears to be flawless for my needs.

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

it could be a nas to zidoo issue since most of the ones still having any issues seem to be nas users

me personally , all HDDs are run SMB to main PC and i swap to HDD i want to watch ,or sometimes i USB 3 direct to Z9X
    Both ways zero issues re stutter UNLESS i forget to do power off wait 10 secs power on at back of Zidoo to allow capacitors to run down ,re old data held

simplest way of course for you to see , is run a HDD share via SMB to pc and see if same issues occur
    edit wasnt there an ipv4/6 issue way back in early f/w with nas ,causing stutters ,that eventually got fixed ,and maybe ? has broken again ?

12. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I'm not getting any video info when pausing a video. I have it set in settings yet I see nothing on the screen. Is this happening to anyone else? When I press pause I get a boring black screen.......

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  13. sandyj

sandyj Member

I guess at the end of the day these devices are native NFS devices and that may work best for these however PC's usually work best with SMB. I am not really interested in finding out if SMB works with my windows server or windows 10 as I use the NAS for storage with Raid for some protection. My observation is it now works fine without issues currently in the configuration I am using which is all I need it for and is a similar config that the OP was also using who looks like is having the same type of issues I experienced earlier.
    I did the whole IPV4 networking solutions earlier and did fix some issues there as it is possible to tune the networking in the synology to some extent and there was a Zidoo firmware fix for some of that. I did see a website with the ins and outs of NFS vs SMB somewhere don't recall right now where that was but they suggested that different file sizes benefit from staying within there native devices e.g windows to windows (SMB), linx to android (NFS) vs windows SMB to Linux SMB sort of makes some sense in a way.

14. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

SMB still is too slow, around 34MB/sec transferring a file to the Z1000Pro internal HDD, whereas I get a solid and stable 100MB/sec transferring the same file from the same pc to a USB 3 drive attached to the router with the same type of HDD.

is there any development in this area? My former Q10 could take around 80-90 MB/sec with the same setup.

15. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

using smb from PC to internal drive I get avg. 80>89 mb/sec for some reason after being in use for several hrs. it will slow to 38>58.

16. Thanos

Thanos Member

They don't have exactly the same hardware, only socket and CPU.
    When I researched the DUNE VISION motherboard, it has a better mounting (EMMC from SAMSUNG for example, Better Wifi card and antennas) and more RAM, which can be felt in the BR menu, which is significantly faster than ZIDOO.
    Compared to the Z10X, Dune vision is not that much more expensive.
    OS DUNE is very well optimized, you can see a piece of work here. Android TV is just an extra bonus. (no issues with google certificates). Downloading a subtitle to a movie works, which unfortunately never worked at ZIDOO and still doesn't work.

ZIDOO is still working with minor problems, but they are actively working on repairs and that's the most important thing.

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

All depends on if you personally gain anything from it .
    The Dune was £100 extra compared to the Z10Pro .

For me the extra i dont req .
    Yes the Zidoo could be faster in scrolling through the Movie posters that id like but £100 more for it ?

18. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

So 9 months of firmware development, and frame rate switch still does not work for 4K ISOs. :-(

19. ofir

ofir Member

Well done Topdude

20. Thanos

Thanos Member

I am from Europe and it is also 100$ more expensive here.
    It's like a television. For 10 years I bought cheaper TV every 2 years. Now I bought a slightly more expensive QLED and I am very satisfied and I no longer intend to buy another TV.
    I have some 8 TV boxes at home, after I bought DUNE I am very satisfied and I no longer intend to buy another TV BOX.

I remember when I bought the Z9X, after starting I still had to solve a lot of problems and set something up, overwrite hundreds of files for HT to recognize. When I plugged in DUNE for an hour, I had it all done.
    In DUNA, I use a lot of Android TV for TV applications that DUNE has added AutoFrame support. I am also very satisfied with the remote control.

However, ZIDOO managed to integrate the device (with the new realtek chip) for $ 200 on the market, which is a miracle.
    For the price of the ZIDOO seller Z9X, there is nothing to complain about and it is very competitive.
    In any case, I am glad that it is now possible to connect BT headphones to ZIDOO (unfortunately with delayed sound), because on previous models the connection of BT headphones was unusable. I see a difference in the new and previous generation of ZIDOO, there is progress to be seen.