EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. InNursery

InNursery New Member

It wasn’t off on the menu but was off in fact. So after update I add the switch off then on again to make Edid function work.

2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Here, I first wanted to thank 'Markswift2003', for the front page distribution of the particular 'EDIDS', because I finally found the one that suited my particular installation!
    The Zidoo being complex in settings, I tried them all and each time I was missing something, of the style: almost perfect image but no DTS HD my etc ........... and in the end l 'EDID: BT.2020 HDR10 + suits me because my broadcasters are not DV, it converts the DV to HDR10 + and I find my beautiful colorimetry and also in Dolby Atmos. For other formats everything works nickel whether in HDR, HDR10 or HDR10 + and of course with all sound formats in HD (Atmos, DTS HD MA etc ....).
    So thank you again and continue to give us this precious help !!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Happy to help :)

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

5. Hello everybody
    Yesterday I updated and I have noticed some improvements in the image, I don't know if it will be due to the new EDID option but the truth is that I have noticed (and it is my impression) a little more sharpness, better blacks as well as an improvement also in dark and light scenes .
    Can someone tell me if you have noticed these improvements?
    Thank you very much and greetings

6. Hello
    I use an epson tw 9400 4k rojector and with HDR 10, which edid would you recommend to put?

7. Markswift2003

Depends what you're trying to achieve.

8. I really don't quite understand what is achieved with the different EDIDs.
    For example, if my projector is hdr10 with the edid of bt2020 and hdr 10 +, would it achieve something similar to a dynamic mapping?
    or if someone could explain it to me ..
    Thank you so much

9. Markswift2003

No - you can't do anything with HDR10+ since that is "on the fly" dynamic tone mapping (similar to standard Dolby Vision) and if your display doesn't support it there's nothing you can do.

However, what you can do is spoof LLDV (Low Latency Dolby Vision) which is where the dynamic tone mapping is processed in the player and the output is static tone mapping using the dynamic data (which is what happens in the TV with "standard" Dolby Vision).

If you go one step further and convince the player to output LLDV in the BT.2020 colour space then this Dolby Vision signal can be correctly decoded using HDR10.

So if your projector can be manually set to HDR10 then you can use the BT.2020 LLDV EDID to allow the player to output LLDV and manually set the projector to HDR10 and voila, Dolby Vision on an HDR10 display.

If we get more technical, that EDID produces a static 1000nit roll off to the PQ gamma curve so the HDR10 mode chosen must match to 1000nits - but this is pretty standard.

10. thank you very much, very well explained
    a greeting

11. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

BT.2020 400nit LLDV
    BT.2020 1000nit LLDV and HDR10+
    BT.2020 1000nit LLDV (10-bit 444/RGB, 12-bit 444/RGB, 12-bit 422) and HDR10+

which of the three ??

Thank you

12. Markswift2003

I was refering to the included "BT.2020 LLDV EDID" not one of those.

13. picman

picman New Member

Being new to the forum and looking for a new media player I see this EDID option for the Zidoo makes it a possible top choice.
    One question I have is that with a JVC nx7 projector would I be able to view DV from a BDMV structure with one of these EDIDs?
    If so would one be better than another or would it depend on ...?
    The projector will do HDR10.
    Thank you

14. Markswift2003

Not yet - currently DV is disabled for BDMV (and ISO) but we should have a resolution to that very soon. Currently the best way to view DV is with single track dual layer MKV.

Once the BDMV issue is resolved, then yes you'll be able to do that. You would match the gamma target in the projector to 1000nits and obviously use BT.2020 colour - I use a custom curve in my X7000. I don't know the NX7 well enough to know whether you can switch dynamic tone mapping on manually, but that would be an interesting option too.

I just have a picture mode with BT.2020 colour and my custom curve for LLDV.

The included BT.2020 LLDV EDID is the one to use and that targets 1000nits.

15. picman

picman New Member

Thank you Marks, I will have to check on the dynamic tone mapping option. Something to play with for sure.

16. Markswift2003

Definitely - it'd be interesting to know how well that works with LLDV.

I wonder if you derestrict the maxNits to 10,000nits which theoretically would mean no tone mapping at all in the LLDV signal, how the dynamic tone mapping in the NX7 copes with that.

The maximum nits in the Dolby Block is called tMaxPQ but I don't know the range - it may be restricted to 4000nits.

I'll post a couple of test EDIDs later with 4000 and 10000nit targets!

17. picman

picman New Member

So, I can select the Frame Adapt HDR option from the Picture Mode as well as straight HDR.

18. picman

picman New Member

19. Markswift2003

Yes I think so - if it works in a similar way to mine, you'd create a custom mode with Frame Adapt HDR (where I'd choose a custom gamma) and BT.2020.

20. picman

picman New Member

yes, selecting a 'User' you can do that. At some point after the summer I will do a projector calibration and see how that goes. I may try and play with a custom gamma at that point